Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
TVS XL 100-Moped Two Wheeler Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
TVS is India’s one of the leading manufacturers of two-wheelers. So, when TVS decided to launch the TVS XL 100, the only moped sold by a major brand, people were instantly fascinated by it. TVS made sure that this moped is affordable and hardy, packed with features, so that people from cities, as well as rural areas, could utilise it. Its heavyweight carrying capacity and smooth performance on rural roads have made it an instant bestseller.
TVS XL 100-Moped now has almost six variants with more than 11 colours. It is priced between INR 40,990- INR 50,009 (ex-showroom Delhi).
Key Specifications of TVS XL 100-Moped
TVS XL 100 claims to provide 15% more mileage than its previous models. With a 99.7cc air-cooled, fuel-injected, single-cylinder engine, it gives out 3.20kW of power and 6.5Nm of torque. It promises a good performance on any road with good load-carrying capacity. Other attractive features include hydraulic shock absorbers in the back, hydraulic suspension unit in the front, 80mm drum brakes in the front and 110mm rear drum brakes, synchronized braking system and multi-reflector headlights for clear visibility.
TVS XL 100 is immensely stylish in nature with a sleek yet aggressive body, sharp, multi-reflector headlamps and long front platform for easy storage of goods. It also has long comfortable dual-tone seats so that one can ride the moped for a long time without any difficulties. The elegant moped also comes in 7 attractive colours for a unique, smart look.
Some Other Key Features Include
- Synchronized Braking System
- Analogue Speedometer, Odometer, and Console
- Silver Oak panels, Chrome Silencer Guard
- Dual Tone Long Comfortable Seats
- Telescopic Hydraulic Spring Type Front Suspension
- Swing Arm with Hydraulic Shocks in Rear Suspension
What is Covered Under TVS Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Third-Party Losses: In the unfortunate event of third party loss, your policy will take care of the legal and financial liabilities.
- Damages Due to Accidents: If your two-wheeler is damaged due to an accident, nothing to worry about as your two-wheeler insurance policy got you covered.
- Vehicle Thefts: In case your two-wheeler is stolen, your two-wheeler insurance policy will look after the same.
- Damages Caused in Fire: If your two-wheeler catches fire, your two-wheeler policy will pay for the damages.
- Damages Due to Natural/Man-made Disaster: When flood, hurricane, hail storm, tornado, riots, etc. attack your two-wheeler, your insurance policy comes in handy.
- Personal Accident: In case you meet with an accident that leads to injuries or unfortunately death, your policy will offer compensation of up to INR 15 lakh.
Note: You will have to buy PA Cover separately.
What is not Covered Under TVS Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Drunken Driving: No insurance company will accept your claim if you were drunk or under an intoxicant when the accident happened.
- Unauthorised Driving: Your claim will be rejected if the rider is without a valid Driver’s License.
- Deliberate Accident: If the accident has been caused purposely, the claim will be rejected.
- Consequential Damages: Consequential damages that are caused after the accident are not covered under insurance.
- Negligence: An accident occurs because of your own negligence; you won’t be able to claim the damages.
- Depreciation: Damages that are caused because of normal wear and tear, mechanical or electric failure due to travelling.
- Expired policy: If the policy has lapsed, your damages will not be covered.
- Excluded Add-Ons: You will not be able to claim the benefits that you do not have in your plan
How to Renew Your TVS Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
You can renew your TVS two wheeler insurance policy in 5 easy and quick steps.
Step 1 - Fill in your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle’s Make, Model, Variant, Registration Date & the city you ride in.
Step 2- Press ‘Get Quote’ and choose your choice of Plan (Third-party liability, comprehensive, standalone own damage) or add-ons
Step 3 - Enter details of your previous insurance policy- Date of expiry, Claim made in the last year, No Claim Bonus earned
Step 4 - You will get a quote for your premium
Step 5- Make the final payment to renew your policy
Review of TVS XL 100-Moped
TVS XL 100-Moped gives surprisingly good performance at its price range. Stylish, comfortable, and yet it is exceptionally heavy duty. The Moped can run smoothly on both smooth city roads as well as undulating village roads and offroads. It is also lightweight and extremely easy to handle. TVS XL 100-Moped also has a slim body which is very useful for parking in small spaces. The bike also gives good mileage which is an essential factor for most.
Some of its features like the smooth self start, charging point, Synchronized Braking System, and comfortable long seats come in very handy to users. Even though the maintenance is pretty low, TVS also offers free servicing for the first time which provides a good customer experience.
All in all, on the basis of its features and the price range it comes in, this bike is a very good option for every Moped lover, especially working professionals.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
TVS XL 100-Moped FAQs
1. I recently purchased a TVS XL-100 Moped for load carrying purposes and everyone has suggested that I invest in a bike insurance policy. Can someone tell me what the IDV clause means in the insurance?
IDV refers to the current market value of your vehicle. The current market value is obtained after subtracting depreciation from it. IDV helps to determine the compensation that would be given to any individual. It is referred to as the Sum Insured in case there are any damages or repairs to your bike or any theft occurs. This is why IDV is a very important aspect of bike insurance.
2. I am getting an insurance policy for my TVS XL-100. Can someone tell me what are the points for which my premium can be affected?
A lot of factors can affect your premium like - the type of coverage you opt for, IDV, age of your bike, brand and model of your bike, no claim bonus, geographic locations, security systems, etc.
For example, if you choose third party insurance, your premium will be lesser than if you choose comprehensive insurance. This is because comprehensive insurance is more expensive and offers more coverage.
3. Are there any options for cashless insurance claims? What are the benefits of such insurance claims?
Cashless claims are available for two-wheeler insurance. It is the same as cashless claims for health insurance where the hospital takes care of the bill amount.
The benefits of two-wheeler cashless insurance claims include:
- Easy Access: Most of the insurance providers have a good network and tie-ups with garages in different areas. Most of these garages do provide cashless services.
- Convenient Cashless Claims: All you have to do is go to a network garage to get cashless claims.
- Cashless: it can take a toll on you when you are involved in an accident and you have to gather liquid funds to pay for it. In such cases, cashless claims can be a great option.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More