Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Yamaha MT 15 Two Wheeler Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The Yamaha MT 15 debuted back in December of 2018 for the first time, in Thailand. After a few months, in March 2019, it made its entrance into the Indian motorcycle market and quickly became a popular choice offered by Yamaha. The bike comes at an entry-level price point, looks very stylish and is currently available in version 2.0. Apart from its signature macho looks, the Yamaha MT 15 packs in a finely tuned single cylinder 155 cc engine, which makes it one of the top choices in the 150 cc category motorcycles in the country, competing with the other popular motorcycle manufacturing companies.
Yamaha MT 15 Features
The Yamaha MT 15 is available in four main variants, namely the MT-15 MotoGP Edition, MT-15 Ice Fluo Vermillion, MT-15 Metallic Black and the MT-15 Dark Matte Blue. And in the features section, the Yamaha MT 15 comes loaded with things like a liquid-cooled engine, a self-start only option, LCD instrument console with bluetooth connectivity, SMS and call alerts, digital speedometer, tachometer and trip meter, Y-connect VVA, gear position indicator, shift timing light, side stand engine cut-off switch, split body seat type, passenger side footrest, engine kill switch, LED headlight, taillight and turn signal indicators, telescopic upside-down fork front suspension, linked-type monocross rear suspension, front and rear disc brakes, single-channel ABS, alloy wheel and tubeless tyres.
Yamaha MT 15 Specifications
|Engine Displacement||155 cc|
|Maximum Power Output kW@rpm)||13.5kWbhp@10000rpm|
|Maximum Torque Output (Nm@rpm)||14.1Nm@7500rpm|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||10 litres|
|Available Ground Clearance||170 mm|
|Front Wheel Size||17 inch|
|Rear Wheel Size||17 inch|
|Class Type||Sports bike|
|Seat Height||810 mm|
Yamaha MT 15 Bike Insurance
The Yamaha MT 15 is a very nice choice of a motorcycle in this price range and category. But whenever you are buying a bike in India, you must consider getting good bike insurance coverage for it as motor insurance for vehicles is lawfully mandatory in the country. Also, a good Yamaha MT 15 insurance is not only compulsory but it will keep you covered in case of any accidents that may occur on the road. Individuals can either buy a new Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance or have their expired Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance renewal done through their preferred medium. There are a few things that bike owners should know about when purchasing a Yamaha insurance policy of MT 15 model, which have been covered down below.
Types of Yamaha MT 15 Bike Insurance
While checking out the new Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance or the Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance renewal options, individuals will be offered two choices of coverage type, they are;
- Third party only type of bike insurance policy, which will provide coverage for damages and losses of the involved third-party only.
- Comprehensive bike insurance policy provide compensation and damage coverage for both the insured and the third party.
The Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance cost is less for the third-party bike insurance coverage, but it doesn’t include any personal damage coverage.
What is Covered Under Yamaha MT 15 Insurance Policy?
Damages covered under the Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance policy are;
- The theft of the bike
- In case of accidents
- Bodily and property damage coverage for the third party
- Personal damage coverage for the insured party
- Damages inflicted due to natural calamities
- Damages inflicted in an act of riot, accidental fires, etc.
The major personal coverage and benefits are included with the comprehensive type Yamaha MT 15 insurance policy, for which the overall Yamaha MT 15 insurance price might be high but it provides the most value for money coverage.
What is not Covered Under Yamaha MT 15 Insurance Policy?
However, the insured party will not be able to claim these types of damages with their Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance policy;
- Damages that occurred when the motorcycle was being ridden by a rider under the influence of alcohol.
- Damages that occurred as of general use throughout the years.
- Damages caused when riding without a driving licence.
- Damages caused when involved in a criminal activity.
- Damages that have been caused deliberately.
- Damages that were inflicted as a result of the owner’s irresponsibility.
Carefully read and verify all the details of the insurance policy while getting your Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance policy.
How to Renew/Buy Your Yamaha MT 15 Bike Insurance Policy?
If you are thinking of getting your Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance renewal done or buying a new Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance online, then you will need to know about a few simple steps. By following this, individuals will get their Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance policy very easily.
Steps to getting a Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance online:
- Search for the Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance online.
- Give the details about the bike that it needs for policy.
- Now, choose the coverage type.
- Now verify all the details and proceed further to get quotes on the Yamaha MT 15 insurance price.
- Check and finalize the overall Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance cost before paying for it.
- Once payment is completed, the Yamaha MT 15 insurance will soon be generated.
Individuals who want to get add-ons with the comprehensive type policy can choose so, which will affect the final Yamaha MT 15 insurance price.
Yamaha MT 15 Review
The Yamaha MT 15 is one of the best entry-level, sports bikes that individuals can opt for in India. It is powerful, has a sleek and innovative design, got all the important features, has a performance-centric 155 cc engine and a lot more. If you are looking for something cool, speedy and eye-catching, then this bike is right for you. Also, don’t forget to get a Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance policy with it.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
Yamaha MT 15 Insurance FAQs
1. Is motor insurance mandatory for Yamaha MT 15?
Yes, motor insurance that includes at least third-party legal liability coverage is mandatory for vehicles in India, including the Yamaha MT 15.
2. What is the no-claim bonus with the Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance policy?
The no-claim bonus or NCB is a special type of discount reward that is offered to the owner of the bike by the insurance company when they haven’t made any insurance claims within the bike insurance policy’s term.
3. Do I need to get a 5 year Yamaha MT 15 bike insurance coverage?
As per the Supreme Court ruling in September of 2018, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has made 5-year insurance third-party coverage mandatory for all new two-wheelers.
4. Can I ride my bike with an expired Yamaha MT 15 insurance policy?
No, with an expired insurance policy, you will not be able to ride your bike on the road.
5. Do I need to carry the Yamaha MT 15 insurance certificate while riding my bike?
Yes, the insurance certificate is required to be carried when riding the bike.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More