Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
SBI Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
Critical illness insurance policy from SBI General provides financial protection against 13 major critical illnesses and pays a predetermined sum regardless of your real medical expenditures, allowing you to focus on what is most essential- your health- while being financially secure. These plans come with a lump sum payout option as soon as you are diagnosed with a covered critical illness plans under SBI health insurance . Further, you may need to survive for some time before receiving the lump sum amount for the treatment of the diagnosed critical illness.
On this page, we will talk about SBI health insurance critical illness plans.
SBI Health Critical Illness Policy
SBI General’s critical illness policy offers financial coverage against 13 common critical diseases and pays a fixed sum independent of your actual medical expenses. It provides peace of mind that would allow you to focus on yourself and your family instead of worrying about finances and health. With this policy, you can take advantage of the lesser-known benefits such as up to free look period, high sum insured, and affordable premium rates.
Benefits of SBI Health Critical Illness Insurance Policy
Here is a summary of the benefits of SBI health critical illness insurance plans over traditional policies:
1. Free Look Period
A free look period is considered a kind of grace period or after-sales service that helps the buyer decide whether to proceed with his purchase or not. This can help you save on your premiums because it allows you to compare policies. SBI health critical illness insurance policy offers a free look term of 15 days.
2. Claim Assistance
If you are a new policyholder and have to file or cancel your insurance claim, you may not know how best to handle the process. You want to plan for it and keep your insurance agent at ease so that they can focus on providing you with value-added services. SBI health critical illness insurance policy provides complimentary claim assistance to every policyholder.
3. Tax Breaks
Section 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961 offers tax deductions to active policyholders paying premiums on their health insurance plans. Senior citizen policyholders have a tax deduction limit of INR 50,000, while anybody aged below 60 years has an upper limit of INR 25,000. Both scenarios include a preventive healthcare tax break of INR 5,000.
4. Grace Period
Grace periods are the most important thing to take into consideration when it comes to renewing your health insurance. The grace period is when you receive after your health insurance expires to pay your renewal fees and renew your coverage. SBI health critical illness insurance policy offers a 30-day grace period from the due date, within which the policy needs to be renewed to ensure no coverage gap.
5, Network Hospitals
Getting cashless treatment is the need of the hour, especially for those people who don't have liquid cash to spend on emergency cases. If you are looking for a network hospital in India and want to get cashless treatment, your search might come to an end with SBI. SBI General has several hospitals that offer cashless treatment.
Key Features of SBI Health Insurance Critical Illness Cover
It is important for everyone to know the features of a health insurance policy before purchasing it. The reason for this is that these policies are meant for individuals in dire health conditions and require coverage for their medical expenses in case of emergency situations. So if you have such a condition, you would be wise to walk through the features of SBI health insurance critical illness plans before making a purchase. Here we will discuss some of the key features of such a policy that make it unique from others.
- This plan covers 13 different critical illnesses.
- The sum insured ranges from INR 3 lakhs to INR 10 lakhs.
- There are two plan tenure options – 1 year and 3 years.
- A 15-day free-look period is provided.
- Tax breaks are available under Section 80D.
- The minimum age requirement of 18 years is necessary.
- The maximum age limit is 65 years.
- SBI General offers claim assistance and keeps you informed of your claim progress.
SBI Health Insurance Critical Illness Policy List
These policies provide a considerable financial shield against life-changing critical illnesses by paying you the entire sum insured upon the original diagnosis of the specified illness. The SBI critical illness policy includes coverage for 13 recognised critical diseases. This is a predetermined benefit policy in which the whole benefit is paid upon the initial critical illness assessment.
Critical Illness Insurance Policy
|Sum Insured||INR 3 lakhs - 10 lakhs|
|Policy Term||1 year to 3 years|
|Min. Age Requirement||18 years|
- Aorta graft surgery
- Specified severity cancer
- Regular dialysis due to kidney failure
- Permanent symptoms resulting from stroke
- Major organ or bone marrow transplant
- Total blindness
- Permanent limb paralysis
- Pulmonary primary arterial hypertension
- Multiple sclerosis, along with persisting symptoms
- First heart attack of specified severity
- Open chest CABG
- Open heart replacement or heart valves repair
SBI Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans FAQs
1. Is a pre-acceptance medical test required for an SBI health insurance critical illness plan?
Medical Screening is mandatory for SBI health critical illness cover for all insured people above the age of 45, as well as for any pre-existing ailment disclosed on the proposal form, regardless of age or the insured sum.
2. What is the maximum and minimum coverage provided by SBI General Insurance's critical illness plan?
SBI General Insurance's critical illness plan provides maximum and minimum coverage of INR 50 lakh and INR 3 lakh, respectively.
3. How long is the survival duration for SBI General Insurance's critical illness plan?
Under SBI General Insurance's critical illness coverage, there is a 28-day survival term.
4. How long is the policy period for SBI General Insurance's critical illness coverage?
SBI General Insurance's critical illness coverage is offered in two lengths: one year and three years.
5. What are the policy exclusions?
The policy exclusions under SBI General Insurance’s critical illness are as follows:
- Pre-existing diseases and illnesses
- Diseases and illness during the policy’s waiting term as defined
- Any illnesses that kill the insured during the specified survival period, assessed from the day of the illness's onset
- Any medical operation or treatment that is not medically required or is not administered by a healthcare professional
- Any congenital disease or condition.
- Any recognized critical illness resulting from birth control treatments and/or hormone replacement treatment, as well as any related complications.
- Any recognized critical illness caused by any family member's therapy and/or self-medication, or any therapy that isn't scientifically acknowledged, and any problems resulting from it.
- Any recognized critical illness resulting from therapy with alternative medicines as well as any problems ensuing therefrom.
- Suicide attempt or purposeful self-inflicted illness or injury.
Recent ArticlesView All
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More