Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
TATA AIG Health Insurance
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
Tata AIG Health Insurance - Brief Overview
Tata AIG Health Insurance is a very well known health insurance company in India. The company is one of the most popular private health insurance providers. It has numerous mediclaim plans that you can choose from. The company offers good and wholesome health insurance covers at pocket-friendly rates and this makes it affordable for everyone to have medical insurance.
Most Popular Tata AIG Health Insurance Plans
Take a look at some of the most popular health insurance plans from Tata AIG Health Insurance:
|Name of Plan||Brief Description|
|MediPrime – Cashless Health Insurance|
|MediSenior – Senior Citizen Health Insurance Policy|
Benefits of Tata AIG Health Insurance Plans
Take a look at some of the benefits you get when you buy your health insurance plan from Tata AIG:
- You can get free preventive health checks under the Tata AIG health plans. A large number of policies have this provision that allows you to keep your fitness in check throughout the year.
- The plans have high sum insured amounts. This makes it easy for you to afford the best healthcare facilities for yourself as well as for all the other members of your family.
- Tata AIG is very well known for settling claims in a very fast manner. In fact, the company was awarded the prestigious General Insurer Claims Team of the Year by Claims Awards Asia.
- The company offers a no-claim bonus to all its customers when an entire policy term passes without even a single claim being made. The claim can be taken as a discount on the premium of the following policy term.
- The health insurance policies from Tata AIG Health are very comprehensive and offer many covers such as hospitalisation, post and pre-hospitalisation, etc. Apart from these, the policyholder gets the option of buying some riders to make the health cover more flexible and tailor-made.
- Tata AIG Health Insurance Company’s claim settlement ratio is 70% and the incurred claim ratio is 78%. This tells us just how good and professional the company is in regards to honouring claims and helping out their customers who are in need.
- The company has more than 5,800 network hospitals where the policyholders can seek cashless treatment in a smooth and hassle-free manner.
- With Tata AIG Health Insurance plans, you can also get tax benefits of up to INR 25,000 (INR 50,000 for senior citizens) under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
What is Covered?
When you buy a health plan from Tata AIG Health Insurance Company, you get the following covers:
- Hospitalisation Expenses -You can make a claim if you need to get hospitalised for an illness, surgery or following surgery, you can make a claim on your Tata AIG Health Insurance policy. You will have to stay for at least 24 hours in the hospital to be eligible for this cover.
- Pre and post-hospital Care - If you require medical attention at home before 60 days or after 90 days of your hospital stay because of a related health issue, you can make a health insurance claim for the expenses incurred.
- Domiciliary Care - Prolonged home health care is sometimes needed for patients who have some serious illness, are recovering from an accident, etc. The patients in such cases require the assistance of nurses, physiotherapists, etc. They also require some medical procedures to be conducted at home. If you buy a Tata AIG Health Insurance plan, you can get compensation for these expenses.
- Daycare - Many a time, getting admitted to a hospital for more than 24 hours is not needed. Some procedures can be completed in just a few hours, after which the patient can return home. These include major procedures such as cataract surgeries and angioplasties. These are known as daycare procedures and are covered under a vast majority of the Tata AIG Health Insurance plans.
- Ambulance Charges - Whether the policyholder needs to reach the hospital due to a medical emergency or has to return home from the hospital after a complex surgery, he or she may require travelling in an ambulance. Ambulance expenses are covered under health plans.
- OPD Expenses - You may go for a routine checkup or you may consult a doctor for a specific ailment. Most physician consultations happen in the OPD and the costs incurred are covered under the Tata AIG Health Insurance policies.
- Critical illness - You can get coverage for a specific number of critical illnesses such as cancer and stroke. Critical illness covers are included in some plans. They are also available in the standalone critical illness plans and also available as riders on the other policies.
- Ayush Treatments - If you wish to seek alternative forms of medicine, such as Ayush or homoeopathy, you can make a claim on your Tata AIG Health Insurance plan.
- Organ Donation Costs - All expenses incurred when restoring or donating the vital organs of the body are covered under the health plans from Tata AIG Health.
- Dental Treatments - Though dental treatments aren’t covered in all the health insurance plans offered by TATA AIG Health Insurance, in case of an accident where you need to have a dental treatment, the expenses would be covered. The cover would depend on the terms and conditions of your existing policy.
You can make a claim under any of these categories. Most plans have these covers, but you still need to read the policy wordings carefully to understand what the exact scope of your Tata AIG health plan is.
What is not Covered?
While the plans offer some excellent covers, there are some permanent exclusions as well. These include:
- Expenses Incurred in the Waiting Period - Every health plan has a waiting period clause associated with it. Some ailments are covered only after you complete 3 or 4 years in the policy. If you have any medical expenses related to those conditions inside the waiting period, you will not be able to make a health insurance claim on the Tata AIG health plans.
- Sexually Transmitted Illnesses - All sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV/AIDS are not covered under the Tata AIG Health Insurance plans.
- War Injuries - If you require hospitalisation due to injuries sustained in a man-made disaster such as war or nuclear warfare, you cannot make a claim. Such injuries are permanently excluded from the Tata AIG Health Insurance plans.
- Drug Abuse - Drug abuse or any other substance abuse, including alcohol abuse, is excluded here. This means that if you get ill or injured due to abuse of any of the prohibited substances such as drugs, tobacco or alcohol, you cannot make a claim on your Tata AIG Health Insurance policy.
- Attempted Suicide - Any form of self-harm, including an attempted suicide, is not covered in a Tata AIG Health Insurance policy. Any illnesses or injuries arising from self-harm is not covered.
- Hazardous Sport - There are many hazardous and dangerous sports that can cause grievous injuries. These include bungee jumping, air gliding, etc. Injuries sustained while participating in a hazardous sport or even any illegal activity is not covered under the Tata AIG health plans.
- Dental Costs - You cannot make any claims for expenses incurred while getting dental treatments. This is another important exclusion that you must be aware of.
- Cosmetic Surgeries - Whether it is a silicone implant or a nose correction surgery, you cannot make any health insurance claim for cosmetic treatments or procedures or even complications arising out of previously conducted cosmetic treatments and surgeries.
If you require medical attention due to any of these reasons, you won't be able to make a claim on your Tata AIG Health Insurance plan.
The Renewal Process of Tata AIG Health Insurance Plans
It is very simple indeed to renew a Tata AIG Health Insurance policy. You can go to the renewal page on the official website of Tata AIG Health Insurance, select your policy preferences, enter the policy number, fill in the required data and pay the premium. The policy will be renewed in just a few minutes. If you prefer the old-fashioned way, you can get your policy renewed offline too. Contact your insurance agent and hand over the renewal form and cheque to him. Alternatively, you could also visit any branch of Tata AIG Health Insurance and do the needful. When renewing your plan, you can make use of the no-claim bonus (if any) and also add or drop riders as per your requirements.
How to Apply for Tata AIG Health Insurance Plans?
You may purchase the Tata AIG health plans online or offline. The different ways of buying Tata AIG health insurance plans include –
- Through an Agent or Broker - You can buy the plan through an insurance agent. Tata AIG health insurance has a huge number of insurance agents working with them. You can contact an agent, get a briefing about the available plans and then buy the plan that matches your requirements. The agent can guide you with it and can also help you complete the formalities and paperwork. The agent will charge a brokerage amount in return for the services offered.
- Through the Branch of the Company - If you feel more comfortable going directly to the insurer, you can visit any branch and make the purchase then and there. It is always safe and reliable to buy your plan directly from the insurance provider and make the payment physically as well.
- Through the Company’s Website - Your other option is to buy the plan online. You can make a purchase by visiting Tata AIG Health Insurance’s official website. All the health insurance plans are listed there. Go over the plans and their brochures to understand which plan would suit your requirements. It is very easy and convenient to buy the plan online. You can do so while sitting at home. You can do it at any point of the day or night. You get a lot of flexibility and convenience when shopping online for a Tata AIG Health Insurance policy.
- Through an Insurance Aggregator Website - These days, you come across some very good insurance aggregator websites. They offer many services like an health insurance premium calculator, the option to compare and also to make a purchase then and there. If you have a good aggregator website that you trust, you can definitely visit the portal and buy a good Tata AIG Health Insurance plan from them. Make the payment online and get awesome health insurance cover.
As you can see, there are many ways in which you can get a Tata AIG Health Insurance policy for yourself. Go for the option that you like the most.
Other Popular Plans from Tata AIG Health Insurance
Apart from the plans listed above, Tata AIG Health Insurance also has some other useful medical insurance products. They are:
|Name of Plan||Brief Description|
|Maharaksha – Mediclaim Insurance Policy||This is an individual health plan that offers a maximum sum insured of INR 4 lakhs.|
|MediRaksha – Affordable Health Insurance Plan||Another family floater health plan, it offers economic health insurance to all members of a family.|
|Critical Illness Policy||A standalone cover for critical illnesses, this plan offers a maximum sum insured of INR 15 lakhs.|
|Individual Accident and Sickness Hospital Cash|
|MediPlus- Top-up Medical Health Insurance||The MediPlus- Top-up Medical Health Insurance is a very useful top-up health plan from Tata AIG Health Insurance.|
|Income guard||This is also an accident protection plan that offers compensation if there is injury or death due to an accident.|
|Secured Future Plan|
|Wellsurance Woman Policy|
The Claim Process of Tata AIG Health Insurance Plans
Tata AIG Health Insurance offers two types of claims - cashless and reimbursement. Let us take a look at the steps involved in both:
Cashless - For cashless claims, there are a few important points to keep in mind.
- First and foremost, you need to ensure the plan you have has a cashless facility. Most of the Tata AIG Health Insurance plans have cashless facilities, but check the policy wordings to be doubly sure.
- Next, you need to get admitted to a network hospital. Tata AIG Health Insurance has over 5,800 network hospitals spread across the entire country, so you can get admitted to any one of those.
- If it is a planned hospital stay, inform Tata AIG Health Insurance at least 48 hours before getting admitted. If it is an emergency, inform within 24 hours of getting admitted.
- Submit the pre-authorisation form to the hospital and allow them to inform the insurer and initiate the claim process.
Reimbursement - If you get admitted to a non-network hospital, or if your plan does not have the cashless facility, you need to get the claim amount reimbursed. For this, you first need to pay the hospital bill on your own. Then, send the documents to the insurer and they will reimburse the amount to you. For this, you need the following documents:
- Properly filled up and signed claim form
- Copy of policy document
- A doctor’s declaration stating the need for hospitalisation
- The discharge summary
- Original copies of the hospital bills and pharmacy bills
- All prescriptions of all the doctors, surgeons, anaesthetists, etc.
- Original reports of any diagnostic exam carried out
- FIR, if there was an accident
You can also file the claim online by visiting the claim section of the Tata AIG Health Insurance portal. Enter some details about yourself and your policy and register your claim. You can also check the status of your claim at the same place.
Tata AIG Health Insurance Contact Information
If you wish to contact the insurance provider, here are some ways in which you can do so:
|Toll-free number||You can call the insurer on 1800 266 7780. It is a toll-free number that works 24x7. The company also has a dedicated helpline number for senior citizens - 1800 22 9966. The friendly and well-trained customer support executives help resolve all the issues of the customers.|
|You can also write an email to the insurance provider at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fax Number||022 66938170|
|Want to post a query or complaint? Here’s the address:|
Peninsula Business Park, Tower A, 15th Floor, G.K.Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400 013, Maharashtra, India.
|Branch locator||If you want to walk into any branch that is close to you, find it here and visit the office at your convenience.|
Tata AIG Health Insurance Review
Tata AIG Health Insurance is amongst the biggest and most popular health insurers in India. The company has received many prizes including the “Best Product Innovation” award and the “Company of the Year” award. The insured has an excellent customer support team for the policyholders to call in and get their issues solved. One of the biggest reasons for Tata AIG’s popularity is that the company offers health insurance at affordable rates. These reasons make the Tata AIG Health Insurance plans much in demand and very well-loved.
TATA AIG Health Insurance FAQs
1. Does the company payout claims properly?
Tata AIG Health Insurance is one of the most efficient insurance providers when it comes to claim settlement. It has a very good TPA that handles the claims. Policyholders get their claims processed in just a few hours, provided all the terms and conditions are met.
2. Are the Tata AIG Health Insurance plans comprehensive?
The company offers some very good and comprehensive health covers. You get individual as well as family floater health insurance plans. It is all the more commendable because the insurer provides these plans at very low rates.
3. Will I get a tax benefit?
Yes, tax benefits are available when you buy a Tata AIG Health Insurance plan. You can get an income tax benefit of up to INR 25,000(INR 50,000 for senior citizens) under Section 80D of the Indian Income Tax Act for the premiums you pay towards your health insurance policies.
4. What is the process to buy a Tata AIG Health Insurance Plan?
You can buy a Tata AIG Health Insurance policy online or offline. If you choose to buy the plan online, you can do so by visiting the company’s official website. If you wish to buy it offline, you can visit any branch of Tata AIG Health Insurance or you can buy it through an insurance agent as well.
5. Can I get a COVID protection plan from Tata AIG Health Insurance?
Yes, you can get COVID protection under the Tata AIG Health Insurance plans.
Recent ArticlesView All
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More