Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
One of the oldest and most popular names in the Indian health insurance domain, Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance has some of the best mediclaim policies on offer. The company is known for its affordable plans that pack in huge and comprehensive covers. When you buy a Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance policy, you rest assured of having wholesome medical insurance coverage for yourself as well as your family. The company offers other benefits such as more than 6,500 network hospitals, lifelong renewability, etc.
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance has won several awards and accolades such as Outlook Money Awards 2020 for Non-Life Insurance Provider of the Year and the Celent Model Insurer Award 2020. This further establishes the insurer’s reputation as a top-notch provider of health insurance in India.
Some of the Most Popular Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Plans
Take a look at some of the most popular medical insurance plans from Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance:
|Name of Plan||Brief Description|
|Health Guard Plan|
|Health Care Supreme Plan|
|Extra Care Plus Plan|
|Corona Kavach Plan|
|Silver Health Plan|
|Premium Personal Guard Plan|
Benefits of the Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Plan
Here are some of the benefits you get when you invest in a medical insurance policy from Bajaj Allianz:
- Bajaj Allianz offers economical health insurance plans that people from all walks of life can afford. The plans are very comprehensive and so you get well-rounded protection when insured
- Most of the family floater plans don't require people under the age of 45 to undergo pre-policy medical tests
- The plans are easily available online. Bajaj Allianz has a very good online presence and so, apart from buying health insurance online, renewing the plans, making claims, checking the status, etc becomes easy and convenient for the customers
- The company offers maternity and newborn care under many of its family health insurance plans
- Bajaj Allianz holds the record for settling claims at the highest speed among all Indian health insurance companies. The company also has a very high claim settlement ratio of over 93%
- No-claim bonus is available to those policyholders who do not make any claim in an entire policy year. The claim is available as a discount on the following year’s health insurance premium amount
- Apart from the built-in covers, every policyholder has the option of adding riders or add-on covers to the base health insurance plan
- More than 6,500 hospitals around the country have tied up with the company and are listed as Bajaj Allianz’s network hospitals, making it easy for you to find a hospital of your choice without much hassle
Covers Available Under the Bajaj Allianz Plans
Take a look at some of the covers you get when you buy health insurance from Bajaj Allianz:
- Hospital Expenses - All the expenses incurred for inpatient care such as the charges of the doctors and surgeons, the pharmacy bills, the cost of the diagnostic tests, the charge of surgery and so on are covered under the comprehensive Bajaj Allianz health insurance plans
- Post and pre-hospital Expenses - All the expenses related to pre and post-hospitalisation, for periods such as 60 days before and 90 days after the hospital stay are covered under a majority of the health plans offered by this insurer
- Domiciliary Care - If you require home health care, i.e. you require professional health care services at home, you can make a claim under the domiciliary charges overhead
- Daycare Procedures - Many procedures, such as cataract operation, angioplasty and chemotherapy are covered under the exhaustive list of daycare procedures listed by Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Maternity Cover - Maternity health insurance is available from Bajaj Allianz. Many of the family floater mediclaim plans offer maternity coverage. However, there is a waiting period associated with this, so you need to read the policy wordings carefully to understand when you can make a claim for the same
- Ambulance Expenses - Whether the patient needs to be rushed to the hospital in an emergency or because he is simply too weak to move, an ambulance proves to be extremely helpful. Buy a Bajaj Allianz health plan and get compensated for the ambulance charges as and when needed
- Cost of Alternative Treatments - Many alternative treatments, such as Ayush and Homeopathy are preferred by many people these days. Bajaj Allianz offers coverage for alternative treatments, along with the regular allopathic treatments
- Daily Cash Benefit - Under this benefit, you can avail of a specific amount of allowance that comes in very handy to deal with everyday expenses. This can also be used for paying for the accommodation of the patient’s attendant
- New Born Baby Cover - Depending on the opted plan, with or without the maternity benefits, you can take a cover for your newborn baby. The expenses and treatments, subject to the policy terms, will be covered
- Convalesce Benefit - Bajaj Health Insurance offers you a fantastic feature called convalesce benefit. Under this, in case you are hospitalised for 10 days or more, you become eligible for a benefit of INR 5,000 yearly
- Organ Donor Expenses - Bajaj Allianz appreciates the noble donation of an organ. Most health plans cover the treatment expenses related to organ donation.
Get these amazing covers and benefits when you buy a health insurance policy from Bajaj Allianz.
What are the Exclusions?
Now, let us take a look at some of the common exclusions listed under the Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance policies:
- Any expenses related to dental problems
- Any expenses related to cosmetic surgeries or procedures
- Injuries resulting from substance abuse, including accidents taking place due to drunken driving
- Complications resulting from a suicide attempt or any other type of self-inflicted injury
- Any costs incurred due to the treatment of sexually transmitted disease or HIV/AIDS
- Any pre-existing condition
- Any health insurance claim made within the first month of buying the plan will not be entertained
- Hereditary ailments
- Injuries or ailments resulting from war injuries, nuclear weapons, or any other man-made disaster
- Receiving any sort of treatment outside India
Keep this list of exclusions in mind and you will be able to make an effective claim from Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance without facing any rejections.
Getting the Best Bajaj Allianz Health Plan
It is very easy to buy a health insurance plan from Bajaj Allianz. Once you know what type of plan you want, you can make the purchase either online or offline. Here are some channels through which you can get the cover of your choice:
- Buying through an Insurance Agent - Your first option is to buy the plan through a Bajaj Allianz Health insurance agent. The company has many agents working on their behalf. You can speak to any agent, understand the plans on offer, and then buy the most appropriate health insurance cover. The agent will help you with the buying process, the payment process, will assist you with renewals, claims, etc. he or she will, however, do this in return for a brokerage amount.
- Buying Directly from the Company - Your next option is to visit any branch of Bajaj Allianz and buy a policy directly. You can get the plan over-the-counter, after filling in the application form, submitting the requisite documents and paying the premium amount. The company has many branches all over India, so locating one near you is never a problem.
- Buying from the Website - Buying insurance online is a wonderful modern-day facility available to everyone. It is simple and hassle-free. All you have to do is log on to the official website of Bajaj Allianz, select your plan and make a purchase. The website is modern and very easy-to-use. You can read about the different plans, understand the feature and then make an unbiased choice.
- Buying from an Aggregator - You can also make the online purchase from an insurance aggregator’s website. There are many trustworthy aggregator portals these days from which the Bajaj Allianz plans can be bought in a quick and effortless manner.
Choose the option that is most suitable for you and get your hands on an excellent Bajaj Allianz medical insurance plan.
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Renewal
While buying a health insurance cover is important, renewing it on time is equally important. You cannot afford to have a health insurance plan lapse for even one day, as you never know when a medical emergency can strike. When you have a Bajaj Allianz Health plan with you, renewing it becomes very simple. All you have to do is log on to the renewal page on the company’s website. Then, choose your policy, enter the policy number and your date of birth, make the payment and your cover will be renewed in an instant! It actually is that easy and barely takes a few minutes to do!
Other Notable Plans from Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
|Name of Plan||Brief Description|
|Surgical Protection Plan|
|Critical illness plan|
|Global Personal Health Guard|
|Hospital Cash Plan|
|Women’s Critical Illness Plan||As the name suggests, this health insurance plan has been designed exclusively for women and covers them for critical illnesses.|
|Health Ensure Plan||This plan offers coverage for hospitalisation resulting from a disease or even an accident.|
|Tax Gain Plan|
You need to analyse your own needs and then weigh them against the features of your shortlisted policies. Choose the Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance plan that matches your needs perfectly.
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Claim Process
If you need to make a claim on your Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance policy, here are the steps to follow:
- In case of cashless claims, the company needs to be informed at the earliest. Call the insurance provider at least 48 hours before you get admitted and inform them about the upcoming hospital stay, including the reasons for being hospitalised, the upcoming surgeries and so on.
- If the hospitalisation happens due to an emergency such as a heart attack or a road accident, inform Bajaj Allianz within 24 hours of getting admitted.
- Submit the pre-authorisation form to the hospital and they will speak with the insurer, to get the cashless claim settled.
- If you get treated in a non-network hospital, you need to settle the bill yourself and then submit the claim form and the relevant papers to get your claim amount reimbursed. The documents needed are:
- Duly filled and signed Claim Form
- Copy of policy document
- ID proof with photograph
- Physician’s written advice stating the need for hospitalisation
- Original copies of the prescriptions and bills, including the pharmacy bills
- The discharge summary
- The FIR copy, if applicable
The claim can be filed online on Bajaj Allianz’s official website. Log on to the claim section and fill in your patient health ID card number and proceed. It is a simple and quick process. You can also check the status of your claim online.
Bajaj Allianz Contact Information
|Telephone||1800-209-0144 | 1800-209-5858 These are the toll-free numbers on which you can call the company’s customer support executives|
|Send in an email to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org (For senior citizens)|
|Bajaj Allianz House, Airport Road, Yerawada, Pune-411006|
You can reach the insurance provider via any of these mediums.
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Review
Bajaj Allianz is one of the top-rated general insurance companies in India. The health plans offered by this company is of the highest quality. The plans are priced very reasonably as well. The insurer has won numerous awards and accolades. Bajaj Allianz is also known for the swiftness with which it settles the claims, which is considered to be the best in the country. When you buy a health plan from Bajaj Allianz, you are assured of getting a very good health insurance cover for your entire family and, of course, for yourself too.
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance FAQs
1. What are the common covers available under the Bajaj Allianz Health plans?
You get covers such as inpatient care, pre and post-hospital care, domiciliary care, preventive health check and maternity benefit, among others when you buy a Bajaj Allianz health insurance plan. These covers are available under most family floater and individual health insurance policies. Read the policy wordings when buying the plan to understand the exact scope of covers available under the plan you buy.
2. Can I get a corona cover?
Yes, you can get medical insurance for coronavirus. Keeping the current pandemic in mind, the company has launched the very handy Corona Kavach plan that offers extensive coverage against the disease. The coverage is available for all members of the family. It is an affordable and easy-to-buy plan that you can even purchase online.
3. How efficiently does Bajaj Allianz handle claims?
The claims are handled directly by Bajaj Allianz, without the involvement of a TPA. the claim process is very fast and if the paperwork and formalities are done properly, the claims get cleared in less than an hour, which is extremely commendable.
4. Does the company have an effective customer support cell?
Bajaj Allianz has a very good customer support team. You can reach them by telephone, email or directly visit a branch. The customer service executives are well-trained and very efficient. They help you to solve your doubts and issues in a polite and friendly manner. This is very handy and useful.
5. How to pay the premium for Bajaj Allianz health insurance?
You can pay the premium in a number of ways. First and foremost, you can pay the premium online in a fast and convenient manner. Just use net banking and transfer the amount instantly. You can also make an online payment through a credit or debit card. Then, you can give a cheque to the insurance agent or drop the cheque directly to the office of the insurance provider. You can also use your card to make the payment at a branch of Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance.
6. What is the procedure to issue a duplicate health ID card if I lose it?
If you lose the health ID card issued to you by Bajaj Allianz, you can apply for a duplicate card. The procedure to do so is to mention the insurer about the loss as soon as it happens. The insurer will register the complaint and block the card. Then, within seven working days, you will receive a new card.
7. Is it possible to surrender premium and cancel a Bajaj Allianz health plan?
Yes, you can surrender a plan. You need to fill the policy surrender form and submit it to the insurer. You can also cancel your plan within the free look period that is offered when you buy any health plan from Bajaj Allianz.
Recent ArticlesView All
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More