Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance - Brief Overview
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance is a very big name in the Indian health insurance industry. The company is one of the oldest private health insurance providers in the country. It is also one of the most trusted and reliable health insurers. The company has a wide variety of medical insurance plans to offer. The plans are economically priced, and so finding an ideal cover becomes very easy. HDFC ERGO Health Insurance has a very strong online presence, and so one can buy, renew and service their health insurance plans online in a smooth and convenient manner.
Most Popular HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plans
Take a look at some of the most popular health insurance plans from HDFC ERGO Health Insurance:
|Name of Plan||Brief Description|
|my:health Suraksha Plan|
|Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy|
|Health Medisure Super Top Up Insurance|
|Corona Kavach Policy|
|Critical Illness Policy|
|my:health Women Suraksha|
Benefits of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plans
When you buy a health insurance plan from HDFC ERGO, you get the following benefits:
- Easy Online Access - HDFC ERGO Health Insurance has a very good and helpful website. You can buy your health plans online, after reading about them. You can also renew the plans online. Additionally, you can also initiate a claim online. And finally, you can contact customer care online as well. These digital benefits make HDFC ERGO a very good health insurance provider to get associated with.
- Lifetime Renewability - Once you buy a good health insurance policy from HDFC ERGO Health Insurance, you can stay insured for the rest of your life, or for as long as you wish. The company offers the benefit of lifetime renewal on most of the health insurance plans.
- No Limit on Upper Entry Age - Most of the HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plans allow people of all ages to get enrolled in the policies. If you have old parents, you can get them covered under the family floater health insurance plans without any troubles whatsoever. The company also offers dedicated senior citizens health insurance plans, which help people over the age of 60 to stay covered.
- Cover for Organ Donation - If you undergo an organ donation or restoration process, you can make a claim on the HDFC ERGO Health Insurance policy that you have.
- Easy Claim Process - The claim process is very simple. You can opt for the cashless claims in any of the network hospitals. It is a simple and hassle-free process and the claims get settled very quickly. You can also opt for the reimbursement claim system and get your amount reimbursed in a simple manner.
- No Claim Bonus - The company offers a no-claim bonus if you do not make claims in a particular policy period. You can get a handsome discount on the premium of the next policy tenure as a result of this.
- Approachable Customer Care - HDFC ERGO has a very efficient customer care service. The executives are customer-friendly and are proactive in their service. In case of a query, a concern or a complaint, you can either speak or write to the customer care and an executive will soon get in touch with you.
- Tax Benefits - The premium that you pay towards your HDFC ERGO health insurance plan can be claimed for tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Installment Benefit - Various HDFC ERGO health insurance plans are made all the more affordable as they come with the option of payment in instalments. Depending on your budget you can pay your health insurance premium on a monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly basis.
- Cashless Hospitals - With HDFC ERGO health insurance, you get the advantage of getting treated in a network hospital. Network hospitals have a collaboration with the company and thus, offer you a cashless treatment. Such a treatment can save you the anxiety of raising money for a treatment at the last minute.
With these benefits in place, you do get a lot of value out of an HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plan.
What is Covered?
If you are wondering what covers you can get when you buy a health plan from HDFC ERGO, you can take a look at the points mentioned below:
- Cover for Critical Illness - You get coverage for critical illnesses under many of the HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plans. There are also some plans that exclusively offer coverage against a list of critical illnesses such as cancer and stroke, among others.
- All Medical Expenses Covered - All medical expenses such as inpatient care, pre and post-hospitalisation, pharmacy bills, ambulance bills, physicians’ fees, etc are covered under the comprehensive health plans from HDFC ERGO Health Insurance. If you need to get admitted to a hospital following an accident or ailment, you can expect to get wholesome coverage under the media CIM plan you have.
- Alternative Treatments Covered - If you wish to get treated under alternative forms of medicine such as homoeopathy or AYUSH, you can make a claim on your HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plan.
- Maternity Expenses Covered - Many of the maternity health insurance plans from this insurance provider have provisions for maternity expenses, including the delivery costs and newborn costs.
- Mental Illnesses Covered - Mental illnesses are covered under any of the health insurance policies offered by HDFC ERGO Health Insurance.
- Accidents Covered - You can get coverage for injuries arising out of accidents. These include death and disability benefits as well.
- Daycare Procedures Covered - If you need to get admitted to the hospital for just a few hours and get a daycare procedure such as cataract or dialysis done, you can make a claim on your HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plan.
- Domiciliary Health Care Covered - You get coverage for home health care needs such as physiotherapy, the services of a full-time nurse, etc.
- No Medical Tests - When you invest in an HDFC ERGO health insurance plan before turning 45, you do not need to undergo a pre-policy medical screening.
- Free Health-checkups - The company also offers preventive health check-ups for free. This can greatly help in diagnosing any hidden ailment and finding a cure as soon as possible.
- Recovery Benefit - If your stay in the hospital was for more than 10 consecutive days, you will receive a recovery benefit. This amount can help in recovering from the financial losses that you have had to bear because of your hospitalisation.
- Cumulative Bonus - In case you did not make a claim during the entire policy year, you would be rewarded for maintaining good health. You can avail of an additional 10% to 25% sum insured upto a limit of 200%. The bonus depends on the kind of policy that you have opted for.
These are the handy covers you get when you purchase a good and comprehensive medical insurance policy from HDFC ERGO Health Insurance.
What is not Covered?
Along with the inclusions, there are some exclusions seen in the HDFC ERGO health plans. They are:
- No claim is paid if the injury or illness happens as a result of self-harm or attempted suicide
- No claim is given if the policyholder sustains injuries or ailments due to drug, alcohol, tobacco or any other substance abuse
- No claim is paid if the ailment arises out of a preexisting condition before the waiting period ends
- No claim is paid if the injuries are sustained while taking part in an adventurous or hazardous sport such as bungee jumping premium paragliding
- No claim is paid if the injuries happen due to participation in any illegal activity
- No claim is paid for dental procedures, including dental surgeries and complications resulting from those
- No claim is paid out for cosmetic treatments or surgeries such as implants, nose jobs, etc
- No-claim is paid for sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV/AIDS
- No-claim is paid for accidents in defense operations
You should remember the exclusions. They are clearly mentioned in your policy brochure. Read over the exclusions carefully before you buy the health plan of your choice from HDFC ERGO Health Insurance.
How to Get an HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plan?
You can get an HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plan in the following ways:
- From an Insurance Agent - Many people prefer buying health insurance from an insurance agent. You can buy the plan from an HDFC ERGO Health Insurance agent who will explain the features to you, help you with the payment process and also help you at the time of a claim. You will have to pay a brokerage amount to the agent for the service he provides.
- From the Company’s Branch - Alternatively, you can also buy the health plan from the company directly. Just visit the branch of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance that is closest to you and make the purchase there.
- Online - The HDFC ERGO Health plans are widely available online. You can buy them directly from the website of HDFC ERGO or from the website of any insurance aggregator. The steps to buying the online plans are very simple and the plans are cheaper online as well.
As you can see, there are many ways in which you can get hold of an HDFC ERGO Health Insurance policy. Do your research and then buy the plan that is best suited for you.
The Renewal Process of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plans
Renewing your health insurance plan on time is of utmost importance. You need to stay insured without interruption. Thankfully, renewing the HDFC ERGO health plans is a very easy task to do. You can visit the official portal of the company and get the renewal done instantly. You can also do it offline by either handing the renewal check to your insurance agent or to the company directly.
Other Popular Plans from HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
Here are some other handy health insurance plans of offer from HDFC ERGO Health Insurance:
|Name of plan||Brief Discussion|
|my:jeevika Cash@Hospital Micro Insurance|
|my:jeevika Medisure Micro Insurance|
|Health Suraksha Top Up|
The Claim Process of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plans
There are two types of claims available here. You can either opt for the cashless claims or get your claim amount reimbursed:
- Cashless Claim - To avail the cashless claim, you need to get admitted in a network hospital. You need to inform HDFC ERGO about your upcoming hospital stay at least 2 days before getting admitted. If you get admitted under an emergency situation, make sure the insurer is informed in less than 24 hours from the time of admittance. Submit the pre-authorisation form to the hospital and they will contact the insurer and get the health insurance claim settled.
- Reimbursement - If you choose to go to a non-network hospital, you will have to pay the bill amount out of your own pocket at the time of discharge. Then, you need to submit the bill and the documents to HDFC ERGO and get the amount reimbursed. Here is a list of the papers you would need for the job:
- Original hospital bill
- Duly filled and signed claim settlement form
- Copy of policy document
- Discharge summary
- Doctor’s prescription stating hospitalization is required
- Original diagnostic test results
- Doctors’ prescriptions
- FIR, if there was an accident
Submit these documents and get the bill amount reimbursed.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Contact Information
If you need to contact your insurance provider for any reason, there are many ways in which you can do so:
|Toll-free number||You can call on the toll-free number and speak to a customer support staff member. The number to call in on is 1800 2666 400/022 6234 6234/0120 6234 6234. You can also WhatsApp the company on 73045 24888|
You can write to the company at:
1st Floor, HDFC House, Backbay Reclamation, H. T. Parekh Marg,
Churchgate, Mumbai - 400020
|You can send an email to the insurer at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Branch locator||Click here to know about the location of the branch closest to you.|
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Review
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance is one of the largest and most trusted health insurance providers in India. The company has won numerous awards including the very prestigious Best Insurance Company In Private Sector - General which was awarded by the World HRD Congress. The company also has a very good customer support cell where the customers can reach out and get all their problems resolved. The company is also known for providing some of the best and most comprehensive health plans at some of the most affordable rates. The claim process is simple as well. These factors make the HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plans very popular and they are always in demand.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance FAQs
1. Is HDFC ERGO Health Insurance a trusted medical insurance company?
Yes, HDFC ERGO is a very reputed and trustworthy health insurance company in India. The company has an impressive incurred claim ratio of 62%.
2. How to get a claim from HDFC ERGO Health Insurance?
The company has a wide network of 10,000 + panelled hospitals all across the country. You can get admitted to any of these hospitals and avail of the cashless claim, facility. Alternatively, you could also get the amount reimbursed by submitting the claim form and the list of documents required, if you get treated at a non-network hospital.
3. How can I contact HDFC ERGO Health Insurance?
You can contact the company on telephone, WhatsApp or email. You can also mail the company or visit any branch and directly speak to them regarding any query or issue that you may have.
4. Can I insure my entire family with an HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plan?
There are many family floater health insurance plans on offer from HDFC ERGO. These plans are affordable and cover all members of a family, including small babies and elderly parents.
5. Is a COVID 19 cover available?
Like most other health insurance companies, HDFC ERGO is also offering a Corona Kavach plan nowadays. You can get covered for all issues related to the COVID 19 infection if you have this plan.
6. Can I get any tax benefits?
Yes, tax benefits up to INR 50,000 are available for the premium you pay towards the HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plans. You get this benefit under Section 80D of the Indian Income Tax Act.
7. Can I buy an HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plan online?
You can easily buy the HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plans online. You can buy them from the company’s own website or from the website of a reliable insurance aggregator.
8. Is it easy to renew HDFC ERGO Health Insurance?
The renewal process is very simple. You can go online, pay the renewal amount and get your health covered renewed instantly. You can also ask your health insurance agent to help you with the task. Alternatively, you could visit the branch of HDFC ERGO Health insurance and get your mediclaim policy renewed in a hassle-free manner.
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
Measures for Preventing Cancer
By choosing healthy lifestyle habits, you can reduce your risk of developing some common types of cancer. Lear...Read More
Understanding Free Health Check-up Coverage of Your Health I...
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Let’s Scan Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Plan
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
Star Health Insurance Family Health Optima Policy
Star Family Health Optima Health Insurance Policy provides extensive coverage for the entire family under a si...Read More
Vitamins and Minerals That Boost Metabolism
Leaner people are associated with a high basal metabolic rate. However, Vitamin B and D, and minerals such as ...Read More
Different Types of Health Insurance Policies Offered in Indi...
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Healthy Foods That Protect Your Liver
The liver is the body's detoxification system that filters out toxins and is responsible for numerous vital fu...Read More
Understanding the Types and Treatments of Diabetes
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More
Manage Anxiety Easily with These Tips
The constant feeling of something going wrong can wreak havoc on one’s mind and affect daily tasks. However, h...Read More