Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Piaggio Two Wheeler Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Piaggio has been a well-known name when it comes to delivering great motor vehicles. The Italian manufacturer has its footprints around the globe, selling two-wheelers under different brands such as Gilera, Vespa, Aprilia, Guzzi, Derbi, Moto, and Piaggio.
Piaggio came into the Indian markets in 1999 with its highly successful three-wheeler “Ape” and since then it has captured a big chunk in the indian markets. Venturing into the two-wheeler segment under the name Vespa, it brought a new and more stylish revolution to the two-wheeler market in India. Today, the Piaggio group also functions under the name of Aprilia in the Indian markets.
Popular Models of Piaggio
Vespa VXL 150
Being one of the first scooters to function with a 149 cc BS 6 engine, the Vespa VXL 150 generates a maximum power of 10.46 PS at 7600 rpm and a torque of 10.60 Nm at 5500 rpm. Priced at INR 1.23 Lakh (Ex-showroom price, Delhi), it comes with disc brakes and four different color variants.
Vespa SXL 125
The Vespa SXL 125 functions with a 124.45 cc BS 6 engine that produces a power of 9.92 PS at 7500 rpm and a torque of 9.60 Nm at 5500 rpm. It is priced from the range of INR 1.15 lakh onwards (Ex-showroom price, Delhi) and features drum brakes with alloy wheels. It comes in only one color variant of sky blue.
Aprilia SR 160
The Aprilia SR 160 is known for its immensely powerful 160.03 cc BS 6 engine that produces a massive power of 11.06 PS at 7600 rpm and a torque of 11.6 Nm at 6000 rpm. Priced from INR 1.04 lakh onwards (Ex-showroom price, Delhi) , it features drum brakes and tubeless tyres. There are three color variants offered that is red-black, red white, and green black.
Vespa Urban Club
Vespa Urban Club is one of the most popular scooters in the competition, producing power of a 124.45 cc BS 6 engine. It generates a power of 9.92 PS at 7500 rpm and torque of 9.60 Nm at 5500 rpm. Being priced at INR 93,114 onwards (Ex-showroom price, Delhi), it is one of the complete scooters coming with four different color variants and a combi brake system.
Aprilia Storm 125
Powering with a 124.45 cc BS6 engine, the Aprilia Storm generates a max power of 10.06 PS at 7500 rpm and torque of 9.60 Nm at 5500 rpm. Priced from INR 87,082 onwards (Ex-showroom price, Delhi), it features drum brakes and tubeless tyres. It comes in two color variants i.e. red and yellow.
What is Covered Under Piaggio Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Third-Party Losses: In the unfortunate event of third party loss, your policy will take care of the legal and financial liabilities.
- Damages Due to Accidents: If your two-wheeler is damaged due to an accident, nothing to worry about as your two-wheeler insurance policy got you covered.
- Vehicle Thefts: In case your two-wheeler is stolen, your two-wheeler insurance policy will look after the same.
- Damages Caused in Fire: If your two-wheeler catches fire, your two-wheeler policy will pay for the damages.
- Damages Due to Natural/Man-made Disaster: When flood, hurricane, hail storm, tornado, riots, etc. attack your two-wheeler, your insurance policy comes in handy.
- Personal Accident: In case you meet with an accident that leads to injuries or unfortunately death, your policy will offer compensation of up to INR 15 lakh.
Note: You will have to buy PA Cover separately.
What is not Covered Under Piaggio Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Drunken Driving: No insurance company will accept your claim if you were drunk or under an intoxicant when the accident happened.
- Unauthorised Driving: Your claim will be rejected if the rider is without a valid Driver’s License.
- Deliberate Accident: If the accident has been caused purposely, the claim will be rejected.
- Consequential Damages: Consequential damages that are caused after the accident are not covered under insurance.
- Negligence: An accident occurs because of your own negligence; you won’t be able to claim the damages.
- Depreciation: Damages that are caused because of normal wear and tear, mechanical or electric failure due to travelling.
- Expired policy: If the policy has lapsed, your damages will not be covered.
- Excluded Add-Ons: You will not be able to claim the benefits that you do not have in your plan
How to Renew Your Piaggio Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
You can renew your Piaggio two-wheeler insurance policy in 5 easy and quick steps.
Step 1 - Fill in your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle’s Make, Model, Variant, Registration Date & the city you ride in.
Step 2- Press ‘Get Quote’ and choose your choice of Plan (Third-party liability, comprehensive, standalone own damage) or add-ons
Step 3 - Enter details of your previous insurance policy- Date of expiry, Claim made in the last year, No Claim Bonus earned
Step 4 - You will get a quote for your premium
Step 5- Make the final payment to renew your policy
Piaggio Two-wheelers Review
Piaggio has managed to achieve a style statement in the two-wheeler segment. With its gradient and lively color variants, it has achieved great attention and attraction by the Indian consumers. A vintage design with advanced technology and features gives its Vespa brand the perfect combination to get impressed by.
Other than its design, the Vespa brand has also managed to deliver best-in-class performance with the inclusions of top-notch components like disc brakes, alloy wheels, Bluetooth connectivity, tubeless tyres, and a lot more. With the ultimate success of its Vespa brand, Piaggio also launched its Aprilia brand in India which focuses majorly on delivering robust and powerful on-road performance.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
Piaggio Two-wheeler Insurance FAQs
1. Is it possible to move my two-wheeler insurance if I sell my two-wheeler?
Yes, it is possible to move or transfer your insurance policy directly. You can transfer your insurance policy with the buyer of your two-wheeler. Though you should not delay the transfer once you sell your two-wheeler. Be proactive to transfer the insurance as soon as you sell your vehicle.
2. How do two-wheeler insurance companies determine and charge the insurance premiums to the insured?
The Insurance companies majorly take into consideration the production, model, age, and registration location of the two-wheeler to determine and charge your two-wheeler insurance premiums. Though it also depends on the type of insurance policy you choose and whether you have made any possible claims in history.
3. What does deductible mean in two-wheeler insurance?
Whenever you opt for a claim, the money payable by you on the claim is what is known as the deductible payable. There can be two types of deductible -
- Compulsory Deductible - A compulsory deductible is where you have to pay a nominal amount mandatorily as a deductible.
- Voluntary Deductible - A voluntary deductible is an optional deductible, you decide to pay along with the compulsory deductible whenever any claim arises. It can be used efficiently to reduce the premium costs, but it might also reduce the claim amount for any damages occurred.
4. How is the depreciation calculated of two-wheeler vehicle parts?
Different materials and vehicle parts are depreciated differently as per their age and use. For instance -
- The material cost of the paint for a paint job - 50% Depreciation
- Components of Fibreglass - 30% Depreciation
- Components made of glass - 0% Depreciation
- Vehicle parts like Nylon, tyres, tubes, batteries, airbags, rubber, etc. - 50% Depreciation
5. How is depreciation charged as per vehicle age?
Depreciation is majorly charged on a yearly basis. As per the age of the vehicle, the depreciation starts to accrue as follows -
- Age of 6 months and less - 0% Depreciation
- Age of 6 months to 1 year - 5% Depreciation
- Age of 1 year to 2 years - 10% Depreciation
- Age of 2 years to 3 years - 15% Depreciation
- Age of 3 years to 4 years - 25% Depreciation
- Age of 4 years to 5 years - 35% Depreciation
- Age of 5 years to 10 years - 40% Depreciation
- Age of 10 years and more - 50% Depreciation
Recent ArticlesView All
Comprehensive bike insurance is popular as it protects the owner's two-wheeler from multiple damages. Such a p...Read More
A two-wheeler is an excellent vehicle to commute through heavy traffic. However, you must keep it in pristine ...Read More
Before buying a second-hand bike, there are countless things to consider. This blog lists 10 aspects you shoul...Read More
The experience of riding in heavy traffic can strain your nerves. By following proven tips, you can safely rea...Read More
Check out the top 3 easy ways to find the expiry date of your bike insurance and renew it online.Read More