Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Bajaj Platina 100 Two Wheeler Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Bajaj Platina 100 is one of the most popular choices of commuter bikes, available in the motorcycle market in India. The bike falls under the 100cc engine class category and is a mileage-centric bike within the affordable range. The Platina 100 is developed and manufactured by Bajaj Auto and was first launched for the Indian market back in 2006. The bike became popular within a few weeks of its initial launch and according to some statistics that are available, it seems like Bajaj had sold around 500,000 units of the Platina 100 within the first eight months of its initial release. Let’s check out the other important information about this bike, including its specifications and features, down below.
Bajaj Platina 100 Features
Even for an entry-level and affordable commuter bike, the Bajaj Platina 100 is offered in 4 main variants for the Indian market. This includes the Platina 100 KickStart Drum - 2021, Platina 100 ElectricStart Drum - 2021, Platina 100 ElectricStart Drum and Platina 100 ElectricStart Disc. The Bajaj Platina 100 comes with quite the crucial features, including DTS-i air-cooled engine, kick and self-start options, analogue instrument cluster with speedometer and tachometer, anti-skid braking system, rubber footpads, single body seat design, passenger side footrest, digital fuel gauge, halogen headlight, bulb taillight and turn signal indicators, DRLs, chain drive, hydraulic telescopic front suspension, spring in spring rear suspension, front and rear drum brakes, variant-wise front disc brake, alloy wheels and tubeless tyres.
Bajaj Platina 100 Specifications
|Engine Displacement||102 cc|
|Maximum Power Output (PS@rpm)||7.9PS@7500rpm|
|Maximum Torque Output (Nm@rpm)||8.34Nm@5500rpm|
|Cooling System||Air cooled|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||11 litres|
|Available Ground Clearance||200 mm|
|Front Wheel Size||17 inch|
|Rear Wheel Size||17 inch|
|Class Type||Commuter Bike|
|Seat Height||807 mm|
Bajaj Platina 100 Bike Insurance
In order to ride your new Bajaj Platina 100 on the street, you are required to get a valid Bajaj Platina 100 insurance coverage for it. It is legally mandatory in India, and all vehicles are required to have coverage of motor insurance. Individuals who are looking to own this bike should thus consider getting a new Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance for this. And the ones who are already owners of this marvellous motorcycle but have expired policy coverage, are requested to get their policy up-to-date through the Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance renewal process. All additional details of the Bajaj Platina 100 insurance are mentioned down below, which users can check to get a clear idea.
Types of Bajaj Platina 100 Bike Insurance
Currently, two choices of bike insurance are offered in India, which are;
- Third-party type, which comes with third-party legal liability cover and is the most commonly selected policy type.
- Comprehensive bike insurance type, which costs a bit more money but offers damage and loss coverage for the insured party, as well as, to the third party.
These two coverage type choices can be selected at the time of Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance renewal and during buying a new Bajaj bike insurance policy of Platina 100 model. The Bajaj Platina 100 insurance price heavily differs between the two coverage types, with respect to the personal damage coverage that the comprehensive one provides.
What is Covered Under Bajaj Platina 100 Insurance Policy?
Your new Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance generally offers compensation for damages in case;
- The bike gets stolen
- Third-party loss and damage cover
- Accidental damages to the policyholder
- Natural/Man-made disasters such as storms, earthquakes, riots, strikes, etc. causing damage to the insured bike
- Certain additional coverage options available only with add-ons, like tyre protection, engine cover, zero depreciation, etc.
What is not Covered Under Bajaj Platina 100 Insurance Policy?
These are the types of damages and incidents for which the Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance policy is not liable to provide compensation;
- Damages caused or received through improper usage of the bike
- Deterioration of the vehicle caused as of general usage
- Riding the bike without valid driving licence, insurance certificate, PUC and other documentations
- Damages as a result of drunk riding
- Damages caused due to deliberate actions of the individual
- Damages caused when involved in a criminal activity
These are the examples of damages that are not covered by your Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance.
How to Renew/Buy Your Bajaj Platina 100 Bike Insurance Policy?
As both the options of online and offline purchases are available, individuals often get confused about which method to go with. The offline method has its own perks, but the procedure of Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance renewal and buying a new Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance online, is a far more superior and convenient way. The best part about going with the online method is that you can get estimates on the various Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance costs from the comfort of your happy place.
Steps to getting new Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance online:
- Search for Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance online.
- Mention the information that it needs.
- Make the choice of coverage type.
- Get quotes on the Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance cost.
- Verify all the bike insurance-related details and the overall Bajaj Platina 100 insurance price that you need to pay.
- Make policy payment.
With this, your new Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance policy will be generated. The online method provides the ease of insurance purchase and the options to curate through the multiple offered Bajaj Platina 100 insurance price points.
Bajaj Platina 100 Review
The Bajaj Platina 100 is one of the best commuter bikes, with mileage-centric performance and is available within a very affordable price group. Even for a bike in this price category, the Bajaj Platina 100 comes with tons of features for individuals to take advantage of on the road, along with its comfortable riding and reliable performance. Make sure to stay safe by getting a Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance policy at the time of purchase.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
Bajaj Platina 100 Insurance FAQs
1. What types of claims are offered under the comprehensive type of Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance policy?
Both cashless and reimbursement claims are offered with the comprehensive type of Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance policy.
2. Does the third-party Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance policy offer add-ons?
No, in order to get add-on features, you have to go for the comprehensive type of Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance policy.
3. What is the general policy duration for second-hand bikes?
The general policy duration for second-hand bikes is of a year, starting from the initiation of the policy.
4. What happens to the existing Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance policy after I sell the bike?
You can either cancel your policy or transfer it to the new owner of the bike after it has been sold.
5. How many zero depreciation claims does the Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance policy allow?
The Bajaj Platina 100 bike insurance policy allows up to 2 zero depreciation claims in its entirety.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More