Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Company
Intro to Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company Limited is the first private sector general insurance company in India. The company was formerly called Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited. At the time of commencement, the company was promoted as a joint venture between Sundaram Finance (a reputed NBFC in India) and few Indian Shareholders.
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company Limited since its commencement, has been known for providing innovative general insurance solutions to its customers. The company provides a wide range of solutions to satisfy the insurance needs viz. two-wheeler Insurance, Motor Insurance, Health Insurance, Travel Insurance, Home Insurance, etc.
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company Limited has a strong presence in India through its 156 branch offices and numerous tied agents, brokers, etc. The company also has a strong digital presence through which the customers can buy or renew their insurance policies.
Types of Royal Sundaram General Car Insurance
Royal Sundaram General Car Insurance Company offers the following types of Motor Insurance Policies:
- Third-Party Insurance Policy:
A third-party insurance policy is designed to offer financial protection against any legal liability arising out of damages caused to the third-party vehicle, property or life due to the insured vehicle. In case of death or injury to the life of a third-party, all the legal liability and expenses shall be taken care of by the insurance provider.
- Stand-Alone Insurance Policy:
A stand-alone insurance policy is designed to offer financial protection for the damages or losses caused to the owner of a vehicle due to an accident. This insurance policy covers only damages caused to own vehicle and does not cover the damages or losses caused to the third-party vehicle, property or life.
- Comprehensive Motor Insurance Policy:
A comprehensive motor insurance policy covers for the damages or losses caused to both insured vehicles as well as third-party vehicles.
Benefits of the Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
The Royal Sundaram Car Insurance is one of the most opted car insurance policies. The reason for the popularity is the wide range of features offered by the car insurance policy.
- Network Garage:
The company has an extensive network of 4600+ garage that offers hassle-free cashless claim process.
- Roadside Assistance:
The company offers free roadside assistance in the event of a car breakdown.
- Personal Accident Cover to owner/driver:
A personal accident cover of INR 15 Lakhs is provided in case the owner/driver meets with an accident while driving or travelling in the insured vehicle. While for an unnamed passenger and paid driver the amount is Rs 2 Lakh per person.
Numerous discount facility is offered on the premium rate under the following situations:
- A 5% discount, If the car-owner is a member of Automobile Association of India
- Rs 100 discount in the third-party basic premium amount on reducing the third-party property damage liability limit
- Get 35% discount up to max Rs 2500 on Own Damage Premium amount if the car-owner opts for a voluntary deductible.
- CNG Kit and Bi-Fuel System:
Cover for CNG Kit and Bi-Fuel System is offered if it is endorsed on the Registration Copy of the insured vehicle.
- Add-on Covers:
The car insurance policy comes with a wide range of add-on cover that provides enhanced protection under the standard policy. The following add-on covers are available under the car insurance policy:
- Depreciation Waiver Cover:
Under this cover, no depreciation shall be charged on the plastic or metal parts of the vehicle thereby ensuring full claim amount.
- Windshield Glass Cover:
In event of damage to the windshield this cover takes care of the expenses without affecting the No Claim Bonus.
- Voluntary Deductible Cover:
Voluntary deductible is the amount that the car-owner agrees to pay over the stipulated claim amount. If you opt for voluntary deductible cover the company will provide a discount on your own-damage premium amount ranging between 15% to 35%.
- Full Invoice Price Insurance Cover:
As the name suggests this add-on cover offers 100% reimbursement of the car invoice amount in event of complete damage or theft of the insured vehicle.
- Loss of Baggage Cover:
This cover reimburses the cost incurred in the event of damage or loss of baggage from the insured vehicle in event of an accident or theft.
- Spare Car Clause:
This cover takes care of the expenses incurred for daily commutation of the car-owner while the car is out in the garage for repairs.
- NCB Protector:
No Claim Bonus Protector add-on cover is a reward to car-owners for not registering a claim. A discount on premium amounts between 20% to 50% is offered based on the claim history.
- Key Replacement Cover:
In the event of loss or theft or damage to the car keys the cost of new or replacement of keys will be covered under this cover.
- Tyre Cover:
Usually, the damages to the tyre is only covered if they are caused due to an accident. However, with this add-on, any damages to the tyre shall be covered.
- Lifetime Road Tax Clause:
The lifetime road tax is at present not insured. The amount of lifetime road tax constitutes a sizable portion. This cover will protect you financially for the unexpired portion of road tax in event of theft or total damage to the insured vehicle. Additionally, Royal Sundaram will also pay you for the theft or damage of your vehicle.
- Aggravation Cover Clause:
This feature is useful for car-owners who stay in rainy areas or flood-prone areas or drive vehicles on water-logged roads in the rainy season. The flood-water or rains can damage the internal parts of the vehicle. This add-on cover helps to cover for the expenses arising out of such damages.
- Enhanced PA Cover:
This cover offers additional personal accident cover wherein the maximum personal accident cover of Rs 50 Lakhs can be availed.
- Vehicle Replacement Value Plus Clause:
With this cover insure your new car 100% of list price including road tax, registration charges, and insurance cost. This cover provides insurance coverage in event of theft or total loss of the insured vehicle.
- Depreciation Waiver Cover:
What is Covered in Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Plans?
The car insurance cover offered by Royal Sundaram General Insurance companies offer insurance protection for damages or losses caused to the vehicle under the following circumstances:
- Accidental Damage caused due to external force or act
- Natural Calamities like storms, floods, typhoons, etc.
- Burglary, Theft, Housebreaking, etc.
- Act of Terrorism
- Damages caused due to self-ignition, fire, explosion, etc.
- Malicious Acts
- Any legal liability arising out of damages caused to third-party property, vehicle or injury or death claim in case of life
- Personal Accident Cover
What is Not Covered in Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Plans?
The damages or losses that are not taken care of by the insurance coverage are called as the exclusions. A complete understanding of the exclusions will avoid any delays or surprises in the claim process. Therefore, any damages caused due to the following circumstances shall not be covered under the car insurance policy:
- Any losses or damages caused due to electrical or mechanical breakdown
- Any losses due to depreciation or due to normal wear and tear of the vehicle due to ageing
- Any losses caused while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Any losses caused while driving without a license or without a valid license
- Any losses caused due to radioactive activities or nuclear peril
How to Apply For The Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Plan?
Buying car insurance policy from Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company is simple and easy. The following is a step-by-step guide that you must follow to apply for car insurance coverage:
- Buying policy via online channel:
- Visit the official website of Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company Limited
- Under the Car Insurance Tab, select ‘Insurance for New Car’
- Enter all the required information like Manufacturing year, Mobile Number, Name, Email ID, etc.
- Select the type of cover you want to avail i.e., ‘Comprehensive’ or ‘Third-Party’
- Click on the ‘Get Quote’ button to generate premium amount
- If you are satisfied with the premium quote then you can go ahead and purchase it by paying the premium amount using credit card, debit card or net-banking facility.
- Once the payment is received the company shall send the policy document on your registered email ID.
- Buying Policy via offline channel:
- For buying policy from an offline channel refers to buying it directly from the Office or branch of Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company or through tied agents, partner brokers, etc.
- Walk to the nearest office or contact an authorized agent. The representative at office or the agent will take care of the rest.
Thus, in this manner you can apply for Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Policy.
The Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Claim Process
In the event of damage or loss to the insured vehicle, the first step is to file a claim process. However, damages to your prized possession can leave you clueless of where to start. Therefore, here is a detailed guide that will provide a step-by-step procedure on how to apply for the motor insurance claim:
- The first step when your car is damaged in an accident is to inform the car insurance provider about the incident.
- For registering the claim you need to keep the following information handy:
- Policy Number
- Policy Details
- Loss or Damage Details
- Your Contact Details
- Details of your License
- Once you have informed the car insurance provider about the damages, the company shall arrange a surveyor who will inspect the vehicle for damages. In case of a cashless claim, the surveyor shall visit the accident spot or at the network garage while in case of reimbursement claim spot survey is mandatory only then you shall be able to move the vehicle for repair works in the garage of your choice
- Once the survey is conducted, the surveyor will submit the repair estimates to the insurance provider.
- Once the repair estimates are acknowledged by the insurer the repair works on the vehicle shall start.
- Simultaneously the car-owner is required to submit the required relevant documents to the insurance provider for the faster claim settlement process. The car-owner is required to submit the following documents:
- Duly filled claim form
- Copy of Registration Certificate of the insured vehicle
- Copy of Driving License of the vehicle owner
- Copy of PAN Card
- Copy of Aadhaar Card
- In case of third-party damages to vehicle, property or life, the car-owner is required to submit a copy of FIR to the insurance company.
- On receipt of all documents if they are found genuine and in the correct order then the claim settlement process will start. Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company settles the claim in two ways namely:
- Cashless Claim Settlement:
Herein the amount of the bill or invoice is directly settled between the insurance company and the network garage. The car-owner do not have to worry about the arranging finances for the repair works
- Reimbursement Claim Settlement:
Herein the car-owner has to settle the bill with the garage and then submit the required invoice or bill to the insurance company to claim the reimbursement. On receipt of all invoices and documents, the insurance company shall pay the amount in the car-owners bank account.
- Cashless Claim Settlement:
How to Renew Your Lapsed/Expired the Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Policy Online?
For renewing an existing Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Policy, you are required to visit the following link - https://www.royalsundaram.in/web/dtc/instarenew/readpolicy within 3 simple steps you shall be able to renew your active car insurance policy.
- Step 1:
Enter your Car Insurance Policy Details and Expiry Date
- Step 2:
View your car policy details and premium amount
- Step 3:
Make your car insurance payment online using a credit card, debit card or net-banking facility
The above steps are for renewing an active / in-force car insurance policy. However, if under any circumstances you are not able to renew your car insurance policy in the stipulated time the insurance policy shall lapse and shall not offer insurance coverage. In order to reinstate the insurance coverage, you need to renew your lapsed/expired Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Policy. In case of renewal of the lapsed policy, you are required to obtain a fitness certificate of your vehicle from an authorised surveyor. Once the fitness certificate is received you shall be able to renew your lapsed insurance policy by submitting the following documents:
- Copy of Registration Certificate of the vehicle to be insured
- Copy of Car Fitness Certificate
- Copy of Valid License of the car-owner
- Copy of lapsed insurance policy
The Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Review
The Car Shield comprehensive car insurance policy offered by the Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company Limited is one of the most sought car insurance policies in India. The policy is designed keeping in mind all the car insurance needs of the car-owners. The policy offers protection and financial security to the car-owner. The policy provides a wide range of add-on covers that makes it one of the most desirable car insurance policies. Additionally, Royal Sundaram is a well-known brand and the main reasons for its popularity are the 24*7 customer service, well-curated insurance plans and hassle-free claim settlement process. Thus, in total the car insurance from Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company is totally worth buying.
The Royal Sundaram Company Limited Car Insurance Customer Care Number
The customer service department of the Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company Limited is available 24*7. The main aim of the customer service department is to provide dedicated service to resolve all the queries of its customers. All the customers who need help or want to reach the customer care department, here are the details:
- Toll Free Number: 1860 258 0000 / 1860 425 0000
- Customer Service Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered Office Address: Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited, No.21, Patullos Road, Chennai - 600 002
- Corporate Office Address: Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited, Vishranthi Melaram Towers, No.2/319, Rajiv Gandhi Salai (OMR), Karapakkam, Chennai – 600097, Tel: 91-44-7117 7117, Fax: 91-44-7113 7114
- Additionally, customers can make use of the ‘Branch Locator’ service to get details of the nearest branch office.