Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Mahindra Scorpio Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Famously branded as 'Mahindra,' the corporation delivers SUVs, tractors, commercial vehicles, and two-wheelers. The Scorpio manufactured by it is a mid-size SUV. Launched in 2002, Scorpio was Mahindra's first model to be sold in the international market. The car has won three awards: ' Car of the Year' by Business Standard Motoring, the 'Best SUV of the Year' and the 'Best Car of the Year' by BBC World Wheels. The latest model of the Mahindra Scorpio was launched in the year 2020.
There are number of competitive vehicles in the market currently, many of which are extremely affordable and buyer-friendly. In spite of all these rivals, the Mahindra Scorpio is one of the most popular SUVs in India; all thanks to the loyal customer base acquired by the brand. The Mahindra Scorpio price ranges from INR 11.99 to INR 17.71 lacs.
Mahindra Scorpio Features
The Mahindra Scorpio is available with two diesel engine options, both with the capacity of 2179 cc. The car for the 120bhp power variant is equipped with 5-speed manual gearbox while it has a 6-speed manual gearbox for other variants.
Some of the most sought features of Mahindra Scorpio are 2 airbags, infotainment system, touchscreen, reverse parking camera, ABS, climate control, projector headlamps, auto door lock while driving, electronic brake force distribution, cushion suspension technology and anti-roll technology, keyless entry, steering adjustment, luxurious new blue-grey interiors, dual-tone dashboard, and halogen light type apart from several others.
Key Specifications of Mahindra Scorpio Car
|Boot space (l)||460|
|Kerb weight (kg)||1825|
|Power (kW @ rpm)||88.5 @ 4000||102 @ 3750|
|Torque (Nm @ rpm)||280 @ 1800 - 2800||319 @1800 - 2800|
Mahindra Scorpio Car Insurance
In India, driving a car without a valid car insurance policy is a punishable offence. As per the guidelines of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, every car owner has to buy insurance for their car as soon as they purchase a vehicle. A considerable fine and even imprisonment can be suffered by you if you fail to produce a valid insurance policy if stopped for a routine check.
It is extremely easy to buy Mahindra Scorpio car insurance in India. You can pick between a comprehensive and a third-party car insurance policy. All the terms and conditions must be ensured by you before buying a policy.
Types of Car Insurance for Mahindra Scorpio
- Third-Party Car Insurance: This type of insurance policy is mandatory to be bought by every car owner in India. It is also known as a liability-only car insurance. This policy would provide coverage for only all kinds of third-party damages in the event of an accident.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: A comprehensive car insurance is also known as a complete insurance for your vehicle. This means that it would provide coverage for own-damages along with third-party damages. If you buy this type of insurance policy, you can be sure to receive financial assistance in every type of damage your car might go through in the event of an accident.
Add-on benefits for Mahindra Scorpio car insurance
- Garage Cash
- Consumable Items Cover
- Windshield Glass Cover
- Loss of Personal Belongings Cover
What is Covered Under Mahindra Scorpio Car Insurance Policy?
Following are the losses that are covered under the Mahindra Scorpio car insurance policy:
- Third-party liabilities
- Own damages
- Loss due to explosions, self ignition, lightning, or an act of terror
- Loss because of theft, housebreaking, or burglary
- Loss because of Natural Disaster
- Loss because of road, rail, inland, waterways accidents
What is not Covered Under Mahindra Scorpio Car Insurance Policy?
The following would not be covered under a Mahindra Scorpio car insurance policy:
- Regular electrical or mechanical orruptions, or wear and tear
- Purposely inflicted damages
- Tyres damage
- Driving without a proper driving licence
- Driving under the influence of intoxicants such as alcohol or any drugs
- The vehicle used for some illegal purpose
- Use of the car outside the geographical area
- The vehicle used for organized racing, carriage of goods, pace making, reliability trials or speed testing, and hire or reward
- Nuclear wars and perils
- Loss incurred after the lapse of insurance policy
How to Buy/Renew Your Mahindra Scorpio Car Insurance Policy?
To drive your Mahindra Scorpio in India, you have to buy an insurance policy. You can buy your Mahindra Scorpio car insurance policy online or offline. Before finalizing an insurance policy, make sure to look at all the details relating to premiums and other insurance costs. Only after comparing a couple of quotes by different insurance providers, would you be able to find the policy best suited to you.
If you are looking to buy a policy online, you can follow the steps given below:
- Go to the online portal of the insurance provider of your choice.
- Find the online form and fill in all the details. You may be asked to mention the details about your Mahindra Scorpio. Make sure to enter accurate details about your vehicle.
- Select the type of insurance policy you want to buy. You would also have to choose the add-ons attached with the insurance.
- The next step would be to enter your personal details.
- Submit the required documents.
- Lastly, you have to make the online payment through digital transaction.
Mahindra Scorpio Car Review
Mahindra Scorpio is a nice car with good pickup and excellent suspension. It's really very good looking until today from the day of purchase. The car has its own fan base because of its excellent features, amazing specifications and stylish looks.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Mahindra Scorpio Car Insurance FAQs
1. Is it Possible to raise an insurance claim for my Mahindra Scorpio online?
Yes, you can raise an online insurance claim for the damages incurred by your Mahindra Scorpio.
2. How much fine would I have to pay if caught driving without a valid insurance policy for my car?
If caught driving a car without a valid insurahce policy, you can be asked to pay a fine worth INR 2000 and/or 3 months imprisonment.
3. Can I change my Mahindra Scorpio insurance provider if I am not satisfied with the services?
Yes, you can change insurance providers if you are not satisfied with the services provided by your current provider.
4. How much time does it take to renew Mahindra Scorpio's car insurance?
The time taken by Mahindra Scorpio's car insurance renewal depends on which company’s insurance you’ve purchased. Generally, it takes 5-10 minutes.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More
The benefits of 'Pay as You Drive Car Insurance' are numerous. This article aims to provide you with an unders...Read More
Telematics car insurance is a contemporary and technologically advanced system using which you pay the premium...Read More
The trend of CNG cars in India is increasing rapidly as people want to save on expenses on fuel and join hands...Read More