Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Andhra Pradesh
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
No individual is permitted to legally drive on the roads of India in the absence of a valid driving licence. A driving licence is an official document, issued by the Regional Transport Office, authorising one to drive a motor vehicle and declaring them to be fit for doing so.
The state of Andhra Pradesh, like all other states of the country, conducts tests prior to the grant of a driving licence. The process of doing so is transparent and efficient, enabling one to attain his or her driving licence in no time!
Different Types of Driving Licence in Andhra Pradesh?
There are mainly two types of licences that the Regional Transport Office gives to individuals – Learner’s Licence and Permanent Driving Licence. One must get a Learner’s licence, at least 30 days prior to applying for a permanent driving licence.
The driving licence may be further sub-categorised as licence for LMV, Medium, Heavy, Commercial, Motorcycle with Gear, Motor Cycle without gear.
In the case of a Motorcycle without gear, the driving licence can be granted to an individual who has completed 16 years of age. In the case of a Light Motor Vehicle, the individual must have attained 18 years of age and in the case of transport vehicles such as taxis, trucks, lorries etc. The individual must be 20 years of age.
What is the Eligibility Criteria To Avail Driving Licence in Andhra Pradesh?
The following criteria must be met by the individual applicant to avail of a driving licence in the state of Andhra Pradesh–
- Firstly, the permissible age criterion for driving different vehicles must be met i.e. 16 years for motorcycles without gear, 18 years for light motor vehicles, and 20 years for transport vehicles.
- Secondly, the applicant must have an Aadhar card.
- Thirdly, the applicant must have passed Class 8 exams, in case he or she is applying for a driving licence for commercial vehicles.
What are the Documents Required To Apply For Driving Licence in Andhra Pradesh?
The following documents are to be submitted to the RTO for obtaining a valid licence –
- Duly filled application form.
- Four passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Medical certificate in Form 1 A (if, the applicant is above the age of 50 and also in case the applicant is applying for a DL for transport category).
- A duly filled Form 5 Training Certificate issued by a recognized driving school for Transport Vehicle Licence.
- Valid age proof such as passport, PAN card, ration card, voter’s ID etc.
- Valid identity proof such as Voter ID, Passport or Aadhaar card.
- Valid proof of address such as Birth Certificate, Educational Certificate, LIC Policy Bond etc.
- Application Fees of INR 200.
How to Apply For Driving Licence in Andhra Pradesh?
The procedure for application for driving licence in Andhra Pradesh has been highlighted below -
- One has to obtain the application form either from the nearest RTO office or must obtain it on the Andhra Pradesh Transport website.
- All the documents, including a valid learner’s licence, must be submitted along with the filled application form.
- Application fees must be paid thereafter.
- The RTO will indicate a time and date for the individual to undertake a test to obtain the Driving Licence.
- The candidate will have to arrive at the test centre, take the exam and perform all the manoeuvres sought for by the examiner.
- On passing the said exam, the Driving Licence will be delivered to the registered address of the applicant.
- Please note: Saarthi is an online portal that empowers individuals to get all the requisite information regarding vehicles.
How to Get a Duplicate Driving Licence in Andhra Pradesh?
- The circumstances under which an individual can apply for a duplicate Driving Licence is as follows –
- if his or her licence is destroyed,
- if his or her licence is torn,
- if his or her licence is defaced,
- if his or her licence is lost,
- if his or her licence is misplaced,
- if the photograph on the licence needs replacement.
- An application form, along with the original copy of the DL (if available) or attested copy of the DL along with 3 passport size photographs must be submitted to the RTO where the original DL was obtained.
- In case there is a change of state, the applicant is required to get a No Objection Certificate from the original state.
- The entire process can be completed online on aorta citizen.e pragati.org.
How to Get a Driving Licence Renewed in Andhra Pradesh?
The renewal of the DL must be done within 30 days from the date of expiry of the DL, by submitting Form 9 at the RTO office, along with a copy of the original DL, three passport size photos, Form 1 and Form 1A. Payment of INR 200 must be made to the RTO office for this renewal. In case the renewal is not done within a period of 30 days, then additional sums will be charged.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Andhra Pradesh?
The applicant is required to submit a duly filled International Driving Permit form at the relevant RTO office, along with copies of the passport and driving licence, three copies of passport size photographs and an application fee.
How to Get a Commercial Driving Licence in Andhra Pradesh?
- One has to log into the Saarthi websites and download Form 4.
- Then he or she must fill in the application form and upload the same with required documents and passport photographs.
- It is also mandatory to provide a medical certificate (Form No. 1A) to get this application form.
- In case the applicant wishes to drive a Heavy Motor Vehicle, he or she will also have to furnish a ‘Driver Refreshing Training Certificate’.
- Once everything has been submitted, applicants will receive a serial number along with notifications on their registered mobile number.
- The applicant is required to pass a test in the allotted centre to get the Commercial DL.
How to Check Driving Licence in Andhra Pradesh?
- If one wishes to check it on the state transport website, then he or she must visit the website of the Transport Department of Andhra Pradesh and click on ‘DL and LL registration’ option. When the page loads, one must click on ‘Know your application status’ and enter his or her application number. Clicking on the ‘Submit’ button to know the status of your application.
- If one wishes to check the status on the MORTH website, then he or she must visit parivahan.gov.in and click on ‘Driving licence-related services’. Choose the state that you reside in and click on the ‘Verify status’ option. Then, enter the application number, date of birth and fill in the correct captcha code to know the status.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Andhra Pradesh
- There are 4 different tracks where the testing can take place namely, Nagole Driving test facility, Kondapur Driving test facility, Gannavaram Nagole Driving test facility, and Ampapuram Nagole Heavy Vehicle Driving test facility.
- The applicants ought to bring in their vehicles for the driving test, and their skills will be assessed by an inspector.
- If the applicant happens to fail the test, then he or she can reappear for the same within a period of 7 days.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
FAQs on How to Get a Driving Licence in Andhra Pradesh
1. How long will it take for one to get the Driving Licence in Andhra Pradesh?
The DL will be delivered to the registered address within 15 to 20 days.
2. How to Download Learning Licence Online Andhra Pradesh?
One has to go to https://aprtacitizen.epragathi.org/#!/llr instructions and check the status of the Learning licence, and then download it.
3. How can one make corrections in the driving licence?
One has to submit an application to the RTO along with the original DL and copies of the original documents.
4. Can procedures such as renewal, procurement etc. of the driving licence and learner’s licence be done online?
Yes, driving licence renewal Andhra Pradesh, application for Driving Licence and Learners Licence Andhra Pradesh, two wheeler licence Andhra Pradesh can be done.
5. Will the Driving Licence procured in any one of the States be valid in other States?
A driving licence procured in one state is valid throughout the country. The details regarding vehicles and the like can be obtained on the Saarthi website.
Recent ArticlesView All
Read this article to learn the most common reasons why car insurance claims are denied and the factors you sho...Read More
It's easy to get Future Generali Car Insurance, which may help you in case of an accident. Read this to know a...Read More
ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy is a feature-rich policy offering many benefits like 50% NCB,...Read More
This comparison article covers all the essential factors to consider when deciding to stay with or leave your...Read More
Confused about what to choose from the available car insurance options? Check this comprehensive guide to know...Read More
Many commit errors when filing a car insurance claim and receive painful claim application rejections. So, lea...Read More