An RC or Registration Certificate is an important document that every vehicle owner needs to have. Without a registration certificate, you cannot drive your car out of the city or state, just like how you cannot drive without car insurance. And once you own a car, it is advisable to keep RC at all times and not leave it at home. Although now the Government has made it not compulsory to carry it in a physical form. You can have it digitally through a wallet or mobile app.
An official certificate proving vehicle ownership is a registered certificate issued by the State Transport Authority. It contains all the details such as engine number, chassis number, and other related information about the vehicle. If your car gets stolen or broken beyond repair, this document becomes extremely important for buying a new one. Read on to know more about how to apply for one!
Steps to Get a Duplicate RC Certificate Offline
- Visit the RTO Office: If you misplace your RC or it is damaged, you need to visit the RTO office and apply for a duplicate RC certificate.
- Fill in the Duplicate RC Application Form: The application form in duplicate RC differs from the original RC application form. So you must make sure you apply for the duplicate RC certificate by filling out form 26A.
- Pay the Duplicate RC Fees: You need to pay the prescribed fees as per the RTO rules; it varies depending on the vehicle type. Once you pay the fees, you can proceed further with the application.
- Submit the Documents: You need to submit the original RC lost report, car insurance policy/bike insurance policy, and RC application form, along with the prescribed fee.
- Collect the Duplicate RC Certificate: Once the RTO processes your application, you can collect the duplicate RC certificate from the RTO office.
How to Get Duplicate RC Online?
Applying for a duplicate RC certificate online is the same as that applying offline.
You need to visit the RTO website and complete the online application form 26. You have to submit the online application form with the RC fees.
Steps to apply online:
- Visit the official Parivahan Sewa website.
- Choose online services from the drop-down menu and select vehicle-related services from the list.
- Select the state.
- Enter the registration number and click on proceed.
- Fill out form 26.
- Verify auto-generated owner details.
- Pay the prescribed fee online.
- Submit the generated receipt with other documents to the officer at the governing transport authority.
Important Documents Required for Duplicate RC
It is essential to have all the documents ready before you get started with the procedure. The documents required for obtaining a duplicate RC certificate are: -
- RC Application Form: This form is available at the RTO office. You need to fill out this form and submit it to the RTO to apply for the duplicate RC certificate.
- Registration Certificate Lost Report: If you have lost your RC, you must submit a report at the police station. This report is the most important document required to apply for the duplicate RC certificate.
- Car Insurance Policy or Bike Insurance Policy: You need to produce the RC of the vehicle and the car insurance policy or bike insurance at the time of application.
- RC fee: You will have to pay the prescribed fee to get a duplicate RC.
Documents Required to Apply for Duplicate RC in a Nutshell:
- Application form no.26 (A duplicate of the registering authority’s concurrent endorsement that it will serve as the financier)
- Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUC)
- Address proof
- Attested copy of PAN card or forms 60 and 61(as applicable)
- Attested copy of insurance coverage
- FIR original copy (In case the vehicle is stolen)
- Challan clearance copy from the traffic officials
- Owner’s signature
- An affidavit stating that RC was lost
- Chassis and engine pencil print
Few of the above documents (numbered 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10) might be required in some states.
Duplicate RC Fees
Duplicate RC fees depend on the vehicle type.
|Vehicle Type||Fees (in INR)|
|Non-transport light motor vehicle||300|
|Imported motor vehicle||2500|
Anyone can apply for a duplicate RC given if they have all the required documents to prove. Get an RC smart card to store it in your wallet. Like this, you are less likely to lose yours. Now that you know the process for getting a duplicate RC certificate, it is time to go to the RTO office or visit the official website to obtain one.
Read more -