Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
TVS Sport Two Wheeler Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The TVS Sport was first released in the year 2007 after which it was upgraded in 2015 and again in 2017. The tagline for this bike as advertised is “mileage ka baap” as it provides 15% more mileage with its EFTi Technology. This bike is also featured on the Asia book of records for highest fuel efficiency on road.
It comes at the price point of INR 56,100 for the kick-start model and INR62,950 for the self-start model (both ex-showroom Delhi).
Key Specifications of TVS Sport
The TVS Sport is equipped with a 109.7 cc single-cylinder engine. It is capable of delivering a torque of 8.7 Nm at 4500 RPM and power of 6.1kW at 7350 RPM with a top speed of 90 kmph. The bike has a BSVI engine with air-cooled spark ignition. Apart from the engine, the bike comes equipped with a 12V headlamp for helping you to drive in the dark.
The bike weighs 110kgs on the kick start model with a ground clearance of 175mm. This ensures you can drive this bike on all types of roads from damaged roads to national highways.
Some Other Key Features Include:
- Equipped with ETFi Eco Thrust Fuel Injection Technology EFI System
- Wet multi-plate type clutch system with all up gear shift pattern
- Telescopic oil damped front suspension for smooth rides on rough roads
- Rear wheel has an adjustable shock absorber suspension for back-support
- Fuel tank of 10 litres capacity for long riding hours
- Has a 12v 4Ah battery for the headlamp
- Wheelbase of 1236mm for the comfort of the pillion rider as well
What is Covered Under TVS Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Third-Party Losses: In the unfortunate event of third party loss, your policy will take care of the legal and financial liabilities.
- Damages Due to Accidents: If your two-wheeler is damaged due to an accident, nothing to worry about as your two-wheeler insurance policy got you covered.
- Vehicle Thefts: In case your two-wheeler is stolen, your two-wheeler insurance policy will look after the same.
- Damages Caused in Fire: If your two-wheeler catches fire, your two-wheeler policy will pay for the damages.
- Damages Due to Natural/Man-made Disaster: When flood, hurricane, hail storm, tornado, riots, etc. attack your two-wheeler, your insurance policy comes in handy.
- Personal Accident: In case you meet with an accident that leads to injuries or unfortunately death, your policy will offer compensation of up to INR 15 lakh.
Note: You will have to buy PA Cover separately.
What is not Covered Under TVS Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Drunken Driving: No insurance company will accept your claim if you were drunk or under an intoxicant when the accident happened.
- Unauthorised Driving: Your claim will be rejected if the rider is without a valid Driver’s License.
- Deliberate Accident: If the accident has been caused purposely, the claim will be rejected.
- Consequential Damages: Consequential damages that are caused after the accident are not covered under insurance.
- Negligence: An accident occurs because of your own negligence; you won’t be able to claim the damages.
- Depreciation: Damages that are caused because of normal wear and tear, mechanical or electric failure due to travelling.
- Expired policy: If the policy has lapsed, your damages will not be covered.
- Excluded Add-Ons: You will not be able to claim the benefits that you do not have in your plan
How to Renew Your TVS Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
You can renew your TVS two wheeler insurance policy in 5 easy and quick steps.
Step 1 - Fill in your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle’s Make, Model, Variant, Registration Date & the city you ride in.
Step 2- Press ‘Get Quote’ and choose your choice of Plan (Third-party liability, comprehensive, standalone own damage) or add-ons
Step 3 - Enter details of your previous insurance policy- Date of expiry, Claim made in the last year, No Claim Bonus earned
Step 4 - You will get a quote for your premium
Step 5- Make the final payment to renew your policy
TVS Sport Review
With such a strong tagline “mileage ka baap”, the bike does not fail to deliver on its promise. In 2020 the bike was further upgraded with an up-sized engine. As per the looks, the bike is available in five colours, which are black & red, white & red, white & purple, Volcano Red and Mercury Grey.
This is a commuter motorcycle which is equipped with the patented “econometer”. The Econometer helps you get best-in-class mileage for your bike. The bike also has daytime running light, a premium car like feature which is a first in the segment for this bike.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
TVS Sport Insurance FAQs
1. My friend had an accident recently when he was drunk driving. Will he be able to avail an insurance claim?
To be honest, your friend will not be able to claim any insurance. It is because it is unethical to claim an insurance policy after driving under alcohol influence. No two-wheeler policy covers such incidents.
If an external driver of a different vehicle is at play in the accident, then you might receive something from that vehicle’s third-party insurance claim. So, your friend will not be able to revive anything from the insurance in such a case, unfortunately.
2. My cousin does not have a valid license for his bike at the moment as he is still in the process of getting the license. In case of some unforeseen events, will he be able to claim his insurance policy?
It is mandatory to have a valid driving license for a vehicle, as per the guidelines. Without a valid license, you will be liable for a penalty. So, always make sure to have a valid license and carry it with you while driving.
Any damage or loss suffered by your vehicle in absence of a valid license will not be covered. Without a valid license, a vehicle has no registration evidence of its owner. This is the reason why you should immediately help your cousin get a valid license as soon as possible.
3. If I have met with an accident on my bike and I want to claim my insurance company for the damages do, I need to produce any kind of documentation?
Yes, you need to produce some documentation for the smooth and fast processing of your claim amount. The documents include eyewitness details such as phone numbers and addresses for verification purposes.
Photos that are taken at the spot of the accident after the accident. And proper medical or hospital bills if any medical treatment was required, Copy of FIR. These documents help solidify your case and help you in achieving a hassle-free fast claim settlement process.
4. I drive for pleasure and hiking and adventure sports. Often my bike suffers some tear and scratches. Can my insurance cover any of these scratches?
Regular and minor scratches are often faced by a bike in rough use. Over a certain period of time, the bike is bound to have lots of scratches. Most two-wheeler insurance policies do not cover for such wear and tears suffered by the bike.
You can opt for a zero depreciation add-on cover if you want to have the lost parts of your bike covered by your insurance. Other than that, normal wear and tears suffered by a bike are not covered under any policy.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More