Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Fiat Punto Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The Fiat Punto, from the house of Italian automotive manufacturer FIAT, first came into production in 1993. Since then, the car has gone through three generations of production, until 2018. The Fiat Punto is classified as a ‘sub-compact’ car and came with 3-door hatchback, 5-door hatchback, 2-door cabriolet and 3-door van body styles. The car has a front-engine layout, along with a front-wheel-drive (FWD) drive type. The car was first introduced in India in January 2008 and its sales began later in June of 2009. As of now, the sales for this car have been discontinued but it can easily be obtained from second-hand car dealerships.
Fiat Punto Features
The Fiat Punto had 7 different variants to offer in the Indian car market. You could either go with the petrol-based Punto 1.2 Active, Punto 1.2 Dynamic or the Punto 1.4 Emotion. As for the diesel variants, you had options like the Punto 1.3 Active, Punto 1.3 Dynamic, Punto EVO 1.3 Active and the Punto 1.3 Emotion. The car also has some modern features to offer, like Power Steering, Air Conditioning, Front Power Windows, Adjustable Steering, Rear AC Vents, Adjustable Headlights, Tubeless/Radial Tyres, and Central Locking and much more.
Fiat Punto Specifications
|15.7 km/l / 20.3 km/l
|Petrol / Diesel
|1172cc / 1248cc
|Maximum Power Output (bhp@rpm)
|Maximum Torque Output (Nm@rpm)
|Front-Wheel Drive (FWD)
|Fuel Tank Capacity
|Available Ground Clearance
Fiat Punto Car Insurance
Car owners must have car insurance for their cars, otherwise they won’t be able to legally operate their car on the road. As stated by the law, you will need motor insurance coverage for your vehicle, as to cover for any mishap on the road. Thus we recommended you have Fiat Punto insurance, which will keep you and your car covered from any accidents on the road. The process of the Fiat Punto car insurance renewal and purchase of a new Fiat Punto car insurance is a very simple task, in the age of the internet.
Types of Fiat Punto Car Insurance
But before that, you must know about the two types of coverage policy you can get while getting a new Fiat Punto car insurance.
- You can either go with a third-party only type policy, which will only provide coverage for third-party legal liability.
- Or you have the option to go with the comprehensive type car policy, which will provide coverage for both parties, along with other inclusive damage cover options.
You can change your type of policy at the time of getting your Fiat Punto car insurance renewal done.
What will be Covered Under Fiat Punto Car Insurance Policy?
With the new Fiat Punto insurance policy, you will have a number of damage coverage options, including;
- Arson, car theft, riots, any accidental fire or any other type of damage beyond your control
- Damages as a result of some natural occurrence such as floods, earthquakes, etc.
- Third-party legal liability coverage in case of an accident
- Cover for personal loss and damages
What will not be Covered Under Fiat Punto Car Insurance Policy?
With the new Fiat Punto insurance policy, you will not have damage coverage for cases like;
- Normal wear and tear through general usage
- Damage caused while driving under the influence of alcohol or other narcotics
- Damage caused while indulging in an illegal act of some kind
- Damage caused when driving without valid DL and other necessary paperwork
- Vandalization of property with intent
- Damages occurred due to the owner’s laxity
You will get all the details like this while purchasing your new Fiat Punto insurance policy. Keep in mind that all these extensive coverage options are only offered with the comprehensive type Fiat Punto insurance policy. For an increased overall Fiat Punto insurance price, the comprehensive type of coverage will keep you more secure in your time of need.
How to Renew/Buy Your Fiat Punto Car Insurance Policy?
You can easily renew or buy a new Fiat car insurance for Punto policy while sitting at your home or office. We have mentioned the steps that you need to follow while getting your Fiat Punto car insurance renewal online. These steps will also help in case of buying a new Fiat Punto car insurance online.
Steps to getting the Fiat Punto car insurance online:
- Search for the policy you are looking for, i.e. new Fiat Punto car insurance online
- Give previous insurance policy particulars if available
- Select the type of coverage
- Get quotes on the new Fiat Punto insurance price point
- Go through the terms and the final Fiat Punto car insurance cost
- Pay the premium amount and you will be done
The Fiat Punto car insurance cost for the comprehensive policy is more but it offers a lot more coverage. So, make sure to verify all the included benefits and overall Fiat Punto insurance price while finalizing the policy.
Fiat Punto Review
The Fiat Punto is one of the best hatchbacks you can buy in its price range. It is very suitable for a family car and also for your daily drive. Combine it with a good Fiat Punto insurance and you will be good to go.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Fiat Punto Car Insurance FAQs
1. Is the third-party only Fiat Punto car insurance mandatory?
As per the Indian Motor Vehicles Act, it is mandatory to have at least third-party legal liability coverage for your vehicle. Though going with the comprehensive type of Fiat Punto car insurance is always recommended.
2. Which type of coverage is better-comprehensive or third-party only?
The comprehensive type of insurance policy offers more benefits, which is better in terms of security. You also get the option to select add-ons with this type of policy, which keeps you covered in case of additional damages caused to your vehicle.
3. Can I transfer my Fiat Punto insurance policy to a different insurer?
Yes, you have the option to port your Fiat Punto insurance policy to a different insurer, along with its continued benefits.
4. What is No-Claim Bonus with my Fiat Punto insurance policy?
No Claim Bonus or the NCB is a type of reward that is awarded to the car owners for carefully driving and not making any claims within a time period.
5. What is the IDV of my Fiat Punto car insurance policy?
Insured Declared Value or IDV of your Fiat Punto is its total sum insured. Your insurance claims will be processed proportionate to this value.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More