Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Skoda Octavia Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The production of the Skoda Octavia first started in 1996 and it still goes on strong. It is produced and marketed in India by the Czech car manufacturer Skoda Auto. For its global market, it offers quite a lot of body styles, including the 5-door liftback, 5-door estate, and the 4-door sedan. It is based on the Volkswagen Group MQB Evo platform and has a front-engine layout with a front-wheel-drive (FWD).
Skoda Octavia Features
For the Indian market, Skoda Auto offers the Octavia in two main variants. They are the Octavia style 2.0 and the Octavia Laurin and Klement 2.0. Both of them come with a 1984 cc petrol-based engine, along with automatic (DCT) transmission. It also comes with a lot of modern features including a 10-inch touch-enabled infotainment system, powered front seats, 610W canton sound system, power steering, power windows, ABS with brake assist, air conditioning, passenger and driver airbags, alloy wheels, 2 zones automatic climate control, engine start/stop button, tubeless/radial tyres, central locking, power door locks, EBD, central mounted fuel tank, hill assist, android auto & apple carplay, and a few more cool things.
Skoda Octavia Specifications
|ARAI Mileage||15.81 km/l|
|Engine Displacement||1984 cc|
|Maximum Power Output (bhp@rpm)||187.74bhp@4180-6000rpm|
|Maximum Torque Output (Nm@rpm)||320Nm@1500-3990rpm|
|Drive Type||Front-Wheel Drive (FWD)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||50 Litres|
|Boot Space||600 mm|
|Available Ground Clearance||137 mm|
|Wheel Base||2680 mm|
Skoda Octavia Car Insurance
In India, car owners are required to have car insurance policy for their vehicles. With valid car insurance, car owners will receive coverage for damages and losses caused to the third party and not have to pay for it from their pocket. Similarly, you will also require a Skoda Octavia insurance policy to drive your car on the road without any tension. Here is all the important stuff you need to know about buying a new Skoda Octavia car insurance or about getting your Skoda Octavia car insurance renewal done.
Types of Skoda Octavia Car Insurance
The two coverage types offered in India at the time of purchasing a new Skoda Octavia car insurance policy are;
- Third-party only type of insurance - Third-party car insurance coverage provides compensation to the third- party for any property and bodily damages caused by the insured.
- The comprehensive type of insurance- Comprehensive car insurance coverage offers a lot of damage compensation like key replacement, both party damage and loss insurance, bumper to bumper coverage, etc.
Another major difference between these two coverage types is their cost. The Skoda Octavia insurance price for the third-party-only type coverage is lower, while the comprehensive type one costs more.
What is Covered Under Skoda Octavia Car Insurance Policy?
Damages covered under the new Skoda Octavia car insurance policy are;
- Car theft
- Caused by an accidental fire
- Caused during a riot or strike
- Caused by natural disasters such as floods, landslides, cyclones, etc
- Third-party legal liability covers
- Personal damage insurance
What is Not Covered Under Skoda Octavia Car Insurance Policy?
Damages that are not covered under the new Skoda car insurance policy are:
- Normal deterioration through time
- Damages caused while operating the vehicle drunk
- Damages caused while driving the car without the required paperwork
- Damages caused by partaking in some kind of illegal event
- Purposefully inflicted damages
- Mechanical and Electrical malfunction
These are some of the many damages that your new Skoda Octavia car insurance will and will not provide you with insurance claims with. Always remember that the majority of this coverage will be provided with the comprehensive type policy, whereas the third-party only offers the bare minimum. So, it is wiser to go with the comprehensive type coverage and pay a higher Skoda Octavia insurance price for its extensive coverage.
How to Buy/Renew Your Skoda Octavia Car Insurance Policy?
In case you are looking to get your Skoda car insurance renewal done or buy a brand new Skoda Octavia car insurance online, then here’s what you need to follow to get it done. You can also accomplish this through an agent locally but choosing the online method is much more convenient and better in many ways.
Procedure to get the new Skoda Octavia car insurance online:
- Search for the Skoda Octavia car insurance online
- Provide the required details about the car
- Now, choose coverage type
- Then, get quotes on the overall Skoda Octavia car insurance cost
- If the Skoda Octavia insurance price, its terms, and benefits, seem fine to you, you can then proceed to pay the final premium amount
The advantage of getting your Skoda Octavia car insurance renewal and purchase online, is that you can verify and compare things on your own way. The Skoda Octavia car insurance cost for the comprehensive type policy justifies the price point as you will be getting the most secure cover with it.
Skoda Octavia Review
The Skoda Octavia is one of the coolest looking and featured-packed sedans, currently offered in India. It has got power, incredible design, all the modern features you would need and much more. Just get a Skoda Octavia car insurance policy along with it to keep you covered on the road.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Skoda Octavia Car Insurance FAQs
1. What does the ‘premium’ mean under the Skoda Octavia car insurance policy?
The term ‘premium’, under the Skoda Octavia car insurance, means the yearly fee that users are required to pay to achieve the car insurance policy. This premium is calculated by the insurer at the time of the policy initiation.
2. What factors affect the premium amount of my Skoda Octavia car insurance?
The factors that affect the final premium on your Skoda Octavia car insurance are the age of the car, the number of add-ons selected location, variant of the car, type of coverage, etc.
3. Will I need motor insurance for a second-hand Skoda Octavia car?
As per the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, you are required to have motor insurance for all kinds of vehicles in India, including second-hand purchases.
4. Can I pay my Skoda Octavia car insurance policy’s premium on a quarterly basis?
No, you can not pay the premium on your Skoda Octavia car insurance policy on a quarterly basis. It is an annual fee, that has to be paid altogether and upfront, at the time of buying the policy.
5. What is the maximum compensation offered under Skoda Octavia third-party-only coverage?
The maximum sum that is offered under the third-party type coverage towards the property damages of the third party is INR 7.5 lakhs. As for bodily damages of the third party, there’s no specific capacity for compensation and the payable amount is decided by the MACT or the court of law.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More