Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
BMW 8 Series Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The BMW 8 Series was first introduced in the year 1990, under the model code E31. The 8 series is classified as the Grand Tourer and comes in two body styles, namely the 2-door Coupe and the 2-door Convertible. Even though the car gained quite the popularity in its early production, BMW had to stop its production in 1999 for poor sales. However, the production for it was reinstated in 2018 and still goes on to this day. The BMW 8 Series is currently in its second generation of making and a four-door Grand Coupe was added to it.
BMW 8 Series Features
There are 3 versions of the BMW 8 Series available in India, namely 840i M Sport, 840i Gran Coupe and the 840i M Sport Edition. All of them are petrol-based models with automatic transmission with torque converters. It comes in 12 different coloured variants, including the Mineral White Metallic, Tanzanite Blue Metallic and Almandine Brown Metallic. As for its features, the BMW 8 Series has a lot to offer Power Steering, ABS, Air Conditioning with 2-Zone Control, Alloy Wheel, Multi-Function Steering Wheel, Twin Power Turbo Engine, Ventilated Seats, Dual Tone Dashboard, Sunroof and much more.
BMW 8 Series Specifications
|ARAI Mileage||11.3 kmpl / 5.59 kmpl|
|Engine Displacement||2998cc / 4395cc|
|Total Cylinders||6 / 8|
|Maximum Power Output (bhp@rpm)||335.25bhp-600bhp@5000-6000rpm|
|Maximum Torque Output (nm@rpm)||500Nm@1600-4500rpm / 750Nm@1800-5600rpm|
|Driver Type||All-Wheel Drive (AWD)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||68.0 Litres|
|Boot Space||440 Litres|
|Body Type||Coupe / Convertible|
|Available Ground Clearance||128 mm|
|Wheel Base||3023 mm|
BMW 8 Series Car Insurance
If you are thinking about purchasing the BMW 8 Series, you should consider getting a good BMW 8 Series insurance too. As it is required by Indian law, car owners need to have motor insurance for their vehicles. Having car insurance with third-party liability coverage is the least minimum necessary. So if you are planning to get an expensive car like this one, you should look for a few new BMW 8 Series car insurance options available to you. If you have an expired policy then get your BMW 8 Series car insurance renewal done to legally drive your car on the street again. We will be talking about the BMW 8 Series insurance in detail down below to help you understand it clearly.
Types of BMW 8 Series Car Insurance
When you look for a new BMW 8 Series car insurance or your BMW 8 Series car insurance renewal options in the market, you will have to select either one out of these two types of insurance policies;
- The first one is the third-party insurance policy, which offers the minimum requirement, i.e. the third-party legal liability coverage.
- Whereas the other option, a comprehensive insurance car policy, offers much more coverage. It generally covers both the third-party and the insured vehicle, along with other important coverage for different types of damages.
What will be Covered Under BMW 8 Series Car Insurance Policy?
According to your BMW 8 Series car insurance policy, you will be covered for damages like;
- Car Theft
- Damages caused by natural/man-made calamities
- Third-party property damage liability
- Third-party bodily damage liability
- Own damage coverage
- Third-Party legal liability coverage
You will get most benefits only with the comprehensive type BMW 8 Series insurance policy. The BMW 8 Series insurance price for it might be higher but it is a much safer option in time of a mishap on the road.
What will not be Covered Under BMW 8 Series Insurance Policy?
According to your BMW 8 Series car insurance policy, you will not be covered for damages like;
- Normal wear and tear to the car
- Damages received/caused while taking part in illicit activities
- Damages received/caused while driving drunk
- Damages received/caused while driving without a driver’s licence
- Damages received/caused due to owner’s inattention
- Any on purpose damages made to the car
Check with your new BMW 8 Series insurance to get all included and excluded benefit details.
How to Renew/Buy Your BMW 8 Series Car Insurance Policy?
You can get a new BMW 8 Series car insurance online with just a few clicks. The process of getting your BMW car insurance for 8 series renewal is equally easy. Let us guide you through the steps of getting your new BMW 8 Series car insurance online.
Steps to getting the BMW 8 Series car insurance online:
- Look up the BMW 8 Series insurance policy
- Select it and fill in the necessary details
- Select the type of insurance you want
- Check the policy benefits, conditions and the BMW 8 Series insurance cost by getting a quote
- If settled with the BMW 8 Series insurance price, pay the premium and finalize the deal
If you are satisfied with your BMW 8 Series insurance price, then you can also opt for a few add-ons with it.
BMW 8 Series Review
All in all, the premium looks and the specifications that the BMW 8 Series packs, make it a top choice for a luxury coupe in the country. If your budget allows it, then go fulfil your dream. Also, don’t forget to get road coverage by getting a BMW 8 Series car insurance policy.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
BMW 8 Series Car Insurance FAQs
1. Is the BMW 8 Series car insurance mandatory?
Yes, according to the law you will need to have at least a third-party insurance coverage for your BMW 8 Series. Though we advise you to go for the comprehensive policy for additional benefits.
2. Can I get additional coverage options with a third-party only BMW 8 Series car insurance?
No, you can not include any add-on coverage with your third-party only BMW 8 Series car insurance.
3. How many times can I claim my BMW 8 Series car insurance?
There is no limit to the number of claims you can make, as long as it is within the bounds of your vehicles’ total sum insured.
4. Can I pay my BMW 8 Series car insurance premium on a quarterly basis?
Unfortunately, you can’t pay the premium of your BMW 8 Series car insurance on a quarterly basis. It can only be paid on an annual basis.
5. What is the total duration of my BMW 8 Series car insurance policy?
The general duration for your BMW 8 Series car insurance is a year from the initiation of the policy.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More