Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
BMW X1 Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
With its first debut in 2009, the X1 series from the premium car manufacturing giant, BMW, has become one of the most preferred choices for a sub-compact luxury SUV in the market. The BMW X1 was initially introduced as the smallest SUV below the X3 in BMW’s lineup. It grew in popularity because of its small form factor and lower price point with its All-Wheel Drive (AWD) option. The BMW X1 is efficient and comes with only a 5-door SUV body type. The first generation of this series was based on E84 (2009), while the second generation (2015) is based on F48.
BMW X1 Features
The BMW X1 is available in 3 different versions in India. The first one is the X1 sDriver20i SportX, which comes with a 1998cc, petrol-based engine with Automatic transmission and Dual Clutch. The second one is the X1 sDrive20i xLine, which has somewhat the same specifications as the SportX. As for the third version, the X1 sDrive20d xLine, you will get a Diesel-based engine with 1995cc displacement, Automatic transmission with Torque Converter. As for the features, you will get 6 Airbags, a Glove compartment, an outside temperature display, a 5.7” TFT display, Alloy Wheels, Sunroof, and a lot more.
BMW X1 Specifications
|ARAI Mileage||19.62 km/l|
|Fuel Type||Petrol / Diesel|
|Engine Displacement||1998cc / 1995cc|
|Maximum Power Output (bhp@rpm)||141bhp@5000-6000rpm|
|Maximum Torque Output (nm@rpm)||280Nm@1350-4600rpm|
|Transmission Type||Automatic with Manual Override and Paddle Shift|
|Driver Type||Front-Wheel Drive (FWD)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||51 litres|
|Boot Space||505 litres|
|Available Ground Clearance||183 mm|
|Wheel Base||2670 mm|
BMW X1 Car Insurance
As we all know, it is compulsory in India to have motor insurance for your vehicles. You can’t drive on the road without having valid car insurance to back it up. So, while you are planning to invest in a car like this, you will definitely want to look for a good BMW X1 insurance. You can look for a new BMW X1 car insurance or have an expired BMW X1 car insurance renewal done through the internet. But before you proceed, let us tell you the basic things you need to know about getting an insurance policy in India.
Types of BMW X1 Car Insurance
Currently, you can either get one of these two types of insurance coverage in India. Be that while buying a new BMW X1 car insurance or getting your BMW X1 car insurance renewal going, here are the two choices you will be given;
- A Third-party car insurance policy, that will only be covering for any third-party liability in case of damages and losses caused by the insured car.
- And the comprehensive car insurance policy, which offers a much wider pallet of damage and loss coverage options. It includes the required third-party liability option, along with coverage for accidental damages, car theft, reasons behind your control, etc.
What will be Covered Under BMW X1 Car Insurance Policy?
So now that you need to have a BMW X1 insurance policy, here are the things that it will cover;
- Third-party liability insurance
- Car theft
- Damages caused by man-made disasters like accidental fire, etc.
- Coverage for personal damage and loss
- Damages caused by natural-disasters like earthquakes, storms, floods, etc.
What will not Be Covered Under BMW X1 Insurance Policy?
The things that your BMW X1 car insurance won’t be covering are;
- Damages inflicted on purpose
- Damages and losses caused while driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Damages and losses caused while driving without licence and registration
- Using the vehicle for business purposes
- Damages caused while someone else was driving your car
- Normal wear and tear
- Damages caused by the owner’s carelessness
These are some of the things that you should check out while getting a new BMW X1 insurance policy. So make sure to go with the comprehensive type with your BMW X1 insurance policy to get extensive benefits. Your BMW X1 insurance price will go down if you only choose the third-party option, but you will also be getting only the basic coverage.
How to Renew/Buy Your BMW X1 Car Insurance Policy?
Now let us talk about how you can get the new BMW X1 car insurance online or have it renewed. You can obviously do this from a local agent, but the BMW X1 car insurance renewal and purchase are also very convenient online. Here are all the steps you need to follow to get your BMW car insurance online for X1.
Steps to get the new BMW X1 car insurance policy:
- Search for the BMW X1 car insurance online and get the preferred result
- Fill in the required details of your car and your personal details
- Get the insurance type that you like
- Get the quotes on your new BMW X1 car insurance cost
- Verify the benefits and the final BMW X1 insurance price for the final time
- Pay the required premium on the insurance and you will be done
Remember that the comprehensive type BMW X1 insurance price will differ if you insert any add-ons to it. Also, check the BMW X1 car insurance cost, benefits, terms and conditions carefully before finalizing any policy.
BMW X1 Review
The BMW X1 is a compact yet spacious, luxury SUV of its kind. It is refined, packs power and has a ton of modern features for car lovers to use on the road. A multi-purpose car for all your needs. But remember that having an expensive car is not enough, you must get your BMW X1 insurance as soon as possible, to keep your journey covered.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
BMW X1 Car Insurance FAQs
1. How to raise a claim for your BMW X1 insurance?
To claim your BMW X1 insurance, you can choose between the cashless option or getting a reimbursement. You have to visit a network garage for the first option, while you can go with a non-network garage with the second one.
2. Can I go with only the third-party BMW X1 car insurance?
Yes, you have the freedom to go with only the third-party coverage for your BMW X1 car insurance as it is the least required.
3. What happens when I miss out on renewing my BMW X1 insurance policy on time?
In that case, your BMW X1 car insurance will lapse and you will lose out on your No-Claim Bonus (NCB). You will also have to get your car inspected by a surveyor to get the new policy renewed.
4. What is the IDV of my BMW X1 car insurance policy?
The Insured Declared Value or IDV is the total coverage/market value of the vehicle, proportionate to this your claims will be made.
5. Can I change the insurer for my BMW X1 car insurance policy?
You can go with a different insurer if you are not satisfied with your current one. You will also have to get continued benefits, like NCB carryover, and much more.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More