Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Honda Shine BS6
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
First introduced in 2006 in India, Honda Shine is one of the most popular bikes from the Honda camp, which fulfills all the critical requirements for the bike lover. The latest version of Honda Shine is Honda Shine BS6, which complies with Bharat BS-VI emission norms.
Great mileage, stylish looks, dependable engine, and world-class features make Honda Shine one of the best selling bikes in the 125 CC category. Over the years, Honda Shine bike has seen numerous updates, additions, and modifications, both in terms of aesthetics and looks, and the engine performance.
Let’s find out the top features of Honda Shine BS6, and decode why bike lovers are going ga-ga over this latest version.
Honda Shine BS6 Features
The latest Honda Shine has been engineered to accelerate from 0 to 60kmph in just 5.30 seconds, which makes it one of the fastest bikes in this segment. Powered with 125CC HET BS-VI eco-friendly engine, Honda Shine BS6 has a top speed of 95-100 km/hr (59-62 mph).
One of the biggest USPs of this bike is ACG Starter technology, which completely removes the gear-meshing noise, and provides the rider with a smooth driving experience. In fact, there is no jolt when the engine starts, and riders have greatly appreciated this feature.
Compliance with BS VI emission norms, along with the advanced eSG technology means that Honda Shine delivers maximum energy output by efficient combustion and minimum friction. You can get this bike in two variants: Drum brakes and Disk brakes.
The Other Key Highlights of the Honda Shine BS6:
- The engine produces peak power of 10.5 bhp at 7500rpm and torque of 11Nm at 6000rpm, mated with a new 5-speed transmission
- The latest version of this bike has a wheelbase of 1285mm, increased by 19nm, compared to the last version
- Ground clearance of 162mm is 5mm more than the last version
- 65 km/liter is the average mileage claimed by the company for this bike
- Both kick and self-start modes available
- Alloy Wheels, tubeless tyres
What is Covered Under Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Third-Party Losses: In the unfortunate event of third-party loss, your policy will take care of the legal and financial liabilities.
- Damages Due to Accidents: If your two-wheeler is damaged due to an accident, nothing to worry about as your two-wheeler insurance policy got you covered.
- Vehicle Thefts: In case your two-wheeler is stolen, your two-wheeler insurance policy will look after the same.
- Damages Caused in Fire: If your two-wheeler catches fire, your two-wheeler policy will pay for the damages.
- Damages Due to Natural/Man-made Disaster: When flood, hurricane, hail storm, tornado, riots, etc. attack your two-wheeler, your insurance policy comes in handy.
- Personal Accident: In case you meet with an accident that leads to injuries or unfortunately death, your policy will offer compensation of up to INR 15 lakh.
Note: You will have to buy PA Cover separately.
What is not Covered Under Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Drunken Driving: No insurance company will accept your claim if you were drunk or under an intoxicant when the accident happened.
- Unauthorised Driving: Your claim will be rejected if the rider is without a valid Driver’s License.
- Deliberate Accident: If the accident has been caused purposely, the claim will be rejected.
- Consequential Damages: Consequential damages that are caused after the accident are not covered under insurance.
- Negligence: An accident occurs because of your own negligence; you won’t be able to claim the damages.
- Depreciation: Damages that are caused because of normal wear and tear, mechanical or electric failure due to travelling.
- Expired policy: If the policy has lapsed, your damages will not be covered.
- Excluded Add-Ons: You will not be able to claim the benefits that you do not have in your plan
How to Renew Your Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
You can renew your Honda two-wheeler insurance policy in 5 easy and quick steps.
Step 1 - Fill in your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle’s Make, Model, Variant, Registration Date & the city you ride in.
Step 2- Press ‘Get Quote’ and choose your choice of Plan (Third-party liability, comprehensive, standalone own damage) or add-ons
Step 3 - Enter details of your previous insurance policy- Date of expiry, Claim made in the last year, No Claim Bonus earned
Step 4 - You will get a quote for your premium
Step 5- Make the final payment to renew your policy
Honda Shine BS6 Review
Honda Shine BS6 is a dependable, and reliable bike, with a high stylish quotient, and great mileage. Observers have hailed Honda Shine BS6 as a great family bike, with minimum noise and smooth engine start, thanks to the advanced engineering incorporated by Honda.
Since it’s BS VI compliant, this bike is eco-friendly and optimizes the available energy for producing optimal output. In case the rider wishes to rev the bike, especially beyond 4th gear, then it may produce a little turbulence, and the driving experience can take a hit.
But that’s only in rare cases when the rider wants some extreme adventure. Since Honda has targeted this bike for family usage, this won’t be an issue for the majority of riders.
Overall, a great value for money bike with the Honda trust strongly embedded.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
Honda Shine BS6 Insurance FAQs
1. How to reduce Honda's two-wheeler insurance premium?
Determining and finalising the Insured Declare Value or IDV is the most critical step for reducing premiums on insurance. Installing anti-theft devices by the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) is also recommended by the experts.
2. Should I carry insurance documents while riding my bike?
Yes! Carrying a photocopy or soft-copy of the bike insurance is mandatory while riding your bike. Besides, the Registration Certificate, Driving license, and Pollution check certification are also mandatory.
3. Is two-wheeler insurance a mandatory requirement?
Yes! As per Motor Vehicles Act, every bike or car on the road should have at least a Liability Only insurance policy (which is also known as 3rd party insurance)
4. I wish to have bumper to bumper insurance for my bike. How to do it?
Bumper to bumper insurance is also known as Zero Depreciation Cover, and it’s an add-on insurance package, which needs to be selected while opting for the main insurance cover. The biggest USP of this type of insurance package is that the claim doesn’t consider depreciation, and thus, you can get full insurance coverage.
5. Is emergency assistance cover included in the main insurance plan?
Generally, no. Emergency assistance cover is a special insurance add-on, which you need to opt-in while finalising the main insurance cover. Benefits of emergency assistance include breakdown assistance, tyre replacement, fuel replacement, towing, and more.
6. Which factors are considered while determining my insurance premium?
Factors such as the price of the bike, model of the bike, engine capacity, location of the user, etc are considered while determining the insurance premium.
7. I cannot find my Bike Insurance Policy Number!
The Bike Insurance Policy Number is mentioned in the Certificate of Insurance, which is issued while buying your two-wheeler insurance.
8. Help! I have lost my insurance certificate! What to do now?
Relax. All you need to do is, file an FIR with the local police station, and use the FIR copy to apply for a duplicate bike insurance policy document.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More