Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Honda Hornet 2.0 Two Wheeler Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Launched recently in September 2020, Honda Hornet 2.0 is the best replacement for CB Hornet 160 R that was previously the best motorcycle model of Honda in the market. The Hornet brand is widely famous for the aggressive style outlook and smoother performance, and the new Hornet 2.0 takes it all to the next level. The design styling of Honda Hornet 2.0 is quite similar to the CB hornet 160R, but some cleaner lines and a bulkier appearance add to the changes. The motorcycle's striking look is highly appealing, and there are other features too, which makes it a preferred choice.
Key specifications of Honda Hornet 2.0
Honda Hornet 2.0 has a 184.40cc engine with a single-cylinder capacity. The engine has an air cooling mechanic and the fuel injection motor type. The bike can produce a maximum torque of up to 16.1 Nm and maximum power of 12.7kW. The motor of Honda Hornet 2.0 has a five-speed gearbox. There is an upside-down fork at the front end of the suspension and a preload-adjustable mono-shock at the rear end. Furthermore, it uses disk brakes at both front and back ends.
Other Key Features of Honda Hornet 2.0:
Here are the other vital features of Honda Hornet 2.0:
- Multiple wet clutches available
- It has a chain drive transmission
- It contains tubeless tires of alloy
- Chassis is present in diamond type
- Digital odometer, speedometer, tachometer, and trip meter
- The braking system is of type single-channel ABS
What is Covered Under Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Third-Party Losses: In the unfortunate event of third party loss, your policy will take care of the legal and financial liabilities.
- Damages Due to Accidents: If your two-wheeler is damaged due to an accident, nothing to worry about as your two-wheeler insurance policy got you covered.
- Vehicle Thefts: In case your two-wheeler is stolen, your two-wheeler insurance policy will look after the same.
- Damages Caused in Fire: If your two-wheeler catches fire, your two-wheeler policy will pay for the damages.
- Damages Due to Natural/Man-made Disaster: When flood, hurricane, hail storm, tornado, riots, etc. attack your two-wheeler, your insurance policy comes in handy.
- Personal Accident: In case you meet with an accident that leads to injuries or unfortunately death, your policy will offer compensation of up to INR 15 lakh.
Note: You will have to buy PA Cover separately.
What is not Covered Under Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Drunken Driving: No insurance company will accept your claim if you were drunk or under an intoxicant when the accident happened.
- Unauthorised Driving: Your claim will be rejected if the rider is without a valid Driver’s License.
- Deliberate Accident: If the accident has been caused purposely, the claim will be rejected.
- Consequential Damages: Consequential damages that are caused after the accident are not covered under insurance.
- Negligence: An accident occurs because of your own negligence; you won’t be able to claim the damages.
- Depreciation: Damages that are caused because of normal wear and tear, mechanical or electric failure due to travelling.
- Expired policy: If the policy has lapsed, your damages will not be covered.
- Excluded Add-Ons: You will not be able to claim the benefits that you do not have in your plan
How to Renew Your Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
You can renew your Honda two wheeler insurance policy in 5 easy and quick steps.
Step 1 - Fill in your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle’s Make, Model, Variant, Registration Date & the city you ride in.
Step 2- Press ‘Get Quote’ and choose your choice of Plan (Third-party liability, comprehensive, standalone own damage) or add-ons
Step 3 - Enter details of your previous insurance policy- Date of expiry, Claim made in the last year, No Claim Bonus earned
Step 4 - You will get a quote for your premium
Step 5- Make the final payment to renew your policy
Honda Hornet 2.0 Review
Honda Hornet 2.0 is more compact than the CB Hornet motorcycle. It is also a perfect choice for long drives with the 12-liter petrol fuel tank. The bike has a tacky and sporty appearance that charms the people around and fascinates the rider. This motorcycle has a comfortable seat for both rider and the pillion and is thus a preferable choice. The handlebar of the Honda Hornet also has a powder-coated finish, making it a more delicate texture.
Honda Hornet 2.0's engine has an adequate capacity, lying between the sporty 160cc and 200cc. There is only one problem: after reaching 85kmph, the engine starts vibrating and shouting. The bike has lighter and swifter handling that makes it a fantastic choice.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
Honda Hornet 2.0 Insurance FAQs
1. What are the types of insurance policies that I can choose for my Honda Hornet 2.0 or any other two-wheeler?
There are three types of insurance policies available from which one can choose any for their two-wheeler vehicle. The policies are third party bike insurance policy, comprehensive bike insurance policy, and pay-as-you-drive bike insurance policy.
2. Is it possible to cancel the insurance policy of my bike during the policy tenure?
Yes, cancelling the insurance policy of a two-wheeler anytime during the tenure is possible. The insured person must submit the documents to prove that the vehicle is insured elsewhere, or the Regional Transport Office (RTO) has cancelled the vehicle's registration certificate. Once the policy is cancelled, the insurer has to refund the remaining amount after deducting the premium for the period in which the coverage has been provided.
How can I choose the right two-wheeler insurance provider for my Honda Hornet 2.0?
Based on the policyholders, the definition for the best two-wheeler insurance providers might change, depending on their needs like the add-on coverages, plan type, customer support assistance, etc. However, a reliable parameter that everyone must look for while choosing the right insurance provider is the ICR (Incurred Claim ratio).
4. Is it necessary for me to get bike insurance for my new Honda Hornet 2.0?
Yes, according to the Indian Motor Vehicles Act 1988, all bike owners are required to have at least a third party insurance plan for their vehicle. Owning the basic liability-only cover is mandatory for all the bike riders; else, on being caught, the bike owner must face a fine of INR 2,000 or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
Additionally, according to the latest Supreme Court directive passed in 2018, the two wheeler policies have a mandatory five-year upfront cover. This is implemented since 1st September 2018, and on the two-wheelers purchased after that.
5. What should I do if I misplaced the two-wheeler insurance policy of my bike?
In this case, the bike owner must contact the insurance company to issue a duplicate copy of the policy. The owner might need to pay a nominal fee for getting a duplicate copy. A soft copy of the policy is sent via email in the online cases, and the insured person can print it out.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More