Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Chevrolet Sail Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The Chevrolet Sail is one of the most famous cars in the Chevrolet lineup. The company first started the production of this model in 2000. The car falls under the class category of a ‘Subcompact Car’, with a front-engine layout, complemented by front-wheel drive (FWD). The Chevrolet Sail comes in a 5-door sedan body style and was nationwide launched in 2012. Even though the company has halted the further production and sales of the Chevrolet Sail in India, you can get one from the second-hand car market.
Chevrolet Sail Features
Similar to Chevrolet’s other car models of that time, the Chevrolet Sail was also available in nine variants. Among those the Sail 1.2 Base, Sail 1.2 LS, Sail 1.2 LS ABS and the Sail 1.2 LT ABS are petrol based. And the other five, namely the Sail 1.3 Base, Sail 1.3 LS, Sail LT Limited Edition, Sail 1.3 LS ABS and the Sail 1.3 LT ABS are diesel based. The Chevrolet Sail has quite the modern features including Power Steering, Power Windows, Air Conditioning, Adjustable steering, Accessory Power Outlet, Front & Rear cupholders, Chrome Grille, and Tubeless/Radial Tyres, and much more.
Chevrolet Sail Specifications
|ARAI Mileage||18.2 km/l|
|Fuel Type||Petrol / Diesel|
|Engine Displacement||1199cc / 1248cc|
|Maximum Power Output (kW@rpm)||61.5kW@6000rpm|
|Maximum Torque Output (Nm@rpm)||108.5Nm@5000rpm|
|Driver Type||Front-Wheel Drive (FWD)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||42.0 Litres|
|Boot Space||370 Litres|
|Available Ground Clearance||174 mm|
|Wheel Base||2465 mm|
Chevrolet Sail Car Insurance
The Chevrolet Sail was always a great choice for a sedan in its price range. Thus it still makes sense to go with one this year. But while buying a used car, or any type of car in general, you must get good car insurance for it. You will need to have motor insurance for your vehicle in India, as stated in the Indian Motor Vehicles Act. In case you are already subscribed to one but it has now expired, it is highly recommended that you should get your Chevrolet Sail car insurance renewal process done as a priority. And if you don’t have one, you can opt for any one of the two types of Chevrolet Sail car insurance available in India.
There are many important things that car owners must be informed about before purchasing a Chevrolet Sail car insurance. Go through the things we have discussed below to get an idea.
Types of Chevrolet Sail Car Insurance
When opting for a Chevrolet Sail car insurance renewal or placing a new purchase, you will have two choices;
- The first choice is the Third-party car insurance coverage and it offers the basic third-party liability insurance that is mandatory to have in India.
- The other choice is the Comprehensive insurance coverage and it offers more than just the third-party legal coverage. It has a lot more general and vital damage coverage options.
What is Covered Under Chevrolet Sail Car Insurance Policy?
You will receive coverage for these types of damages with your Chevrolet Sail insurance policy;
- Personal cover of loss and damage
- Damage and liability insurance cover for the third party
- Cyclones, floods, tremors and other damages incurred by natural calamities
- Accidents, arson, riot, car theft and other sorts of human-indulged acts outside the insuree’s control
The Chevrolet Sail insurance price is higher for the comprehensive type coverage but it is the one recommended to car owners for its additional benefits.
What is not Covered Under Chevrolet Sail Car Insurance Policy?
You will not be receiving coverage for these types of damages with your Chevrolet Sail car insurance policy;
- Damages inflicted during driving under influence of liquor or drug
- General deterioration through prolonged usage
- Damages due to natural wear and tear
- Self-vandalization of the vehicle
- Damages incurred as a result of a lack of attentiveness
- Damages inflicted while taking part in criminal affair
- Damages occured due to electrical and mehical breakdown
- Driving without necessary valid driving licence/paperwork
When selecting your new Chevrolet sail car insurance, read the benefits and terms with extensive care.
How to Renew/Buy Your Chevrolet Sail Car Insurance Policy?
Getting your new Chevrolet sail car insurance online is just one of the many ways. While the core process of getting a Chevrolet sail car insurance online or via an agent locally remains the same. One of the key advantages of doing it online is that you will get multiple Chevrolet sail insurance price points to compare and choose from at your convenience. And it is always recommended that you should wager on the benefits, terms and Chevrolet sail car insurance cost before finalizing the deal.
Procedure to get a new Chevrolet sail car insurance online:
- Provide the details that are required
- Mention the particulars of any previously available policy
- Go with the preferred policy type
- Get quotes on the Chevrolet sail insurance price
- If satisfied with the offered benefits and Chevrolet sail car insurance cost, finalize the deal and pay the premium.
And it is that simple to get your Chevrolet sail car insurance renewal and purchase in a matter of minutes. Even though it barely takes time, you should always carefully read and understand the policy details when having a Chevrolet sail car insurance renewal, before selecting it.
Chevrolet Sail Review
If you are looking for a cool, feature-packed, entry-level sedan within this price point, then the Chevrolet sail is really a great option. And it is also very easy to get the Chevrolet sail insurance, meaning there’s nothing holding you back.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Chevrolet Sail Car Insurance FAQs
1. What is IDV in my Chevrolet sail car insurance policy?
The Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your car insurance policy is its total coverage/market value. And proportionate to this amount, your insurance claims will be processed and paid.
2. How to raise a claim for my Chevrolet Sail Insurance policy?
You can claim your Chevrolet Sail Insurance in two ways. You can make it cashless by visiting a network garage or you can get reimbursement if you choose to go with a non-network garage.
3. Can I change my insurer for my Chevrolet Sail Insurance policy?
Yes, you have the option to port your insurance to a different provider. You will also receive the carryover of your NCB and other continued benefits.
4. What is the duration of my Chevrolet Sail car insurance policy?
Your Chevrolet Sail car insurance policy will be valid for a whole year, starting from the day of paying its premium.
5. Will I lose my NCB for Chevrolet Sail Insurance policy if it lapses?
If you forget to renew your Chevrolet Sail insurance after expiry, then it will lapse. However, if you can pay within 90 days of the grace period, you will get to continue your No Claim Bonus.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More