This Diwali, keeping the current crucial conditions this year, let’s do something different this Diwali. Here, we are presenting a unique gift idea for your aged parents this year. Gift your parents with a Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan. Not only for this year, but this will also remain a valuable asset for the coming years too.
We all know that a Senior Citizen health insurance policy is chalked out for the persons above the age of 60. The senior citizens are more prone to health issues and this becomes a recurrent financial burden for the families. To avoid such hassles, it is best to possess a senior citizen health insurance plan.
Currently, the market is flooding with innumerable health insurance policies. But the choice narrows down to a handful when it comes to senior citizen health policy. So, we have handpicked some of the most popular health plans specially designed for senior citizens. All these policies are offered by public health insurance companies.
- National Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
This particular policy offers a higher sum insured up to the amount ofINR 10 lakhs. People between the age bracket of 60-80 years are eligible to buy this policy. The spouse can also be included within the plan on a family floater system.
The principal coverage benefits of National Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy include:
- Payment option for the physician’s fees, anaesthetist's charges, surgeon’s cost including room charges, injection charges along with blood transfusion cost
- Includes ambulance costs as well as organ donor expenses
- The waiting period for pre-existing ailments is 2 years under this scheme
- HIV, as well as mental illness coverage, can also be availed under this scheme
- Alternative treatment practices like homoeopathy and Ayurveda expenses are also given coverage
- You can avail cashless facilities at network hospitals
- The premiums paid for the plan offer tax benefits under section 80D of Income Tax Act
- New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
Like several other senior citizen health plans, this particular health insurance policy can be availed by senior citizens between the age group of 60 and 80 years.
The features offered by this health insurance plan include:
- The option for availing the insured sum ranges from INR 1 lakh to INR 1.5 lakhs for the policyholder who must be a senior citizen according to the company’s mentioned age bracket
- The coverage for pre-hospitalization costs are 30 days and post- hospitalization costs are 60 days
- If the spouse is covered under a single policy, then the policyholder gets a discount of 10% on the total amount of premium paid
- Once an additional premium is paid, pre-existing ailments including, hypertension, diabetes and the cost of treating other related complications can be covered once the waiting period of the initial 18 months is over.
- United India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
This health insurance policy is articulated for people of age between 61 to 80 years of age.
The policy features include:
- The insured person has the capacity to opt for an insured sum of INR 1 lakh to INR 3 lakhs
- The waiting period for pre-existing diseases under this scheme is for 4 years or 48 months
- The charges of the physicians, anaesthetists, surgeon are covered under this health insurance plan
- The hospitalization costs including ambulance charges, blood transfusion costs, drugs, anaesthesia expenses, medicine costs all are covered under this scheme.
Despite following a life-long healthy lifestyle, it becomes almost impossible to escape certain typical ailments that naturally occur due to ageing. The health insurance plans designed for the senior citizens provide secured coverage both for the aged person as well as his/her family members. The insurance coverage provides a certain peace of mind, a sense of financial independence in the face of exorbitant medical costs of the day, especially in case of some unforeseen medical complications.
Under the current scenario, several companies are selling various types of senior citizen health insurance schemes. We have discussed some of the most popular ones. Depending on the circumstances, you can do careful research and proceed accordingly to insure and secure the precious lives of some of the aged valuable individuals of your life.