Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
Care Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
As one of the leading health insurance providers in the nation, Care health insurance offers comprehensive care critical illness policies. Care health insurance critical illness plans not only offer you financial support in times of dire need. It always supports you on your journey to total recovery. This is one of the main reasons why a Care health insurance critical illness policy is the most sought-after insurance plan by policyholders looking to cover their family members against major illnesses.
This page will provide an in-depth guide on the Care critical illness policy.
Care Critical Illness Policy
To offer all-around comprehensive critical illness coverage, Care health insurance provides two distinct critical illness plans. These Care health insurance critical illness plans, which provide a lifelong renewal option, cover not only critical illness but also basic health insurance coverage.
Benefits of Care Critical Illness Insurance Policy
The following is a list of benefits provided by Care health insurance critical illness plans:
1. Innovative Plans
Comprehensive critical illness coverage is very important in the time we are currently in. Since the impact of a major illness and its treatment is so widespread, it becomes almost mandatory to have health insurance coverage that includes critical illness. The good news here is that Super Mediclaim from Care Health includes 4 sections of critical illness coverage – Critical Mediclaim, Cancer Mediclaim, Heart Mediclaim, and Operation Mediclaim.
Critical Mediclaim covers 32 different critical illnesses, Cancer Mediclaim covers cancer treatment, Heart Mediclaim covers all heart-related critical illnesses and Operation Mediclaim covers all surgical treatments.
This is especially helpful for policyholders looking to cover one or a few critical illnesses without a high premium amount.
2. Second Medical Opinion
A medical second opinion is an important component of critical illness insurance coverage. In many cases, a second medical opinion can provide you with additional information about the diagnoses, treatments and prognosis of your condition. A second opinion will also help you evaluate the credibility of your existing treating physician.
3. Tax Breaks
Section 80D of the Income Tax Act offers tax breaks to policyholders who actively pay premiums of health insurance plans. The limit of these tax deductions depends on the age of the policyholders. For individuals aged below 60 years, the limit is INR 25 thousand while the same for people over 60 years is INR 50 thousand.
4. Network of Partnered Medical Facilities
It is critical to have an insurance provider with a strong hospital network. This is because, in case of a significant medical emergency, it might be extremely difficult to identify the appropriate hospital. This is where Care health insurance with a network hospital count of 19,000+ comes as a huge help to you.
Key Features of Care Health Critical Illness Cover
It is really important to understand the key features of any health insurance plan before purchasing same. This helps you make an informed purchase decision. The plan features include:
- Super Mediclaim plan offers 4 distinct critical illness sections – Critical Mediclaim, Cancer Mediclaim, Heart Mediclaim, and Operation Mediclaim.
- Critical Mediclaim covers 32 critical illnesses.
- Cancer Mediclaim covers cancer treatment.
- Heart Mediclaim covers all heart-related critical illnesses.
- Operation Mediclaim covers all surgical treatments.
- Assure Policy provides coverage for 20 critical illnesses.
Care Insurance Critical Illness Policy List
Care health insurance has two plans, offering comprehensive coverage. While we have multiple plans to choose from, each plan has a focus on what's important to you.
1. Care Super Mediclaim Policy
|Sum Insured||INR 10 lakhs to 2 crore|
|Policy Term||1, 2, 3 years|
|Min. Age Requirement||18 years|
Covered Critical Illnesses:
- Critical Mediclaim – 32 critical illnesses
- Cancer Mediclaim – Cancer cover
- Heart Mediclaim – Heart-related critical illnesses
- Operation Mediclaim – Surgical procedure cover
2. Care Assure Policy:
This is a critical illness and a personal accident plan.
|Sum Insured||INR 5 Lakhs to 1 crore|
|Policy Term||1, 2, 3 years|
|Min Age Requirement||18 years|
Covered Critical Illnesses:
- Total Blindness
- Major burns
- Myocardial Infarction
- Coronary artery bypass graft
- Heart valve replacement
- Major organ transplant
- Aplastic anaemia
- Bacterial meningitis
- End-stage lung diseases
- Motor neurone disorder
- End-stage liver diseases
- Alzheimer’s disease (before 50 years)
- Parkinson’s disease (before 50 years)
- Benign brain tumour
- Multiple sclerosis
- End-stage renal failure
Care Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans FAQs
1. What is the cover type of Care Super Mediclaim Policy?
Policyholders can acquire Care Super Mediclaim Policy as an individual coverage plan. This coverage includes six people - self, spouse, dependent children, siblings, parent(s), parent(s)-in-law, grandparent(s) and anyone with an insurable interest.
2. What are the exclusions under Care Assure Policy?
Here are the exclusions under the Care Assurance Policy:
- Diseases during their respective waiting terms
- Diseases during the initial 90-day waiting period
- Pre-existing diseases in their waiting period
- Death, disability or injury of the insured resulting from any venereal disease
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Mental illnesses
- Self-inflicted injury or illness
- Injury or illness resulting from war
- Injury or illness resulting from breach of law
- Injury or illness resulting riot, felony or similar event participation
- Hazardous activities
- Injury or illness resulting from nuclear activities
- Maternity or childbirth complications
3. How can I calculate the premium amount for Care Assure Policy?
In order to calculate premium amounts for Care Assure Policy, you need to visit the online website and navigate to the product page. From there, you need to generate an online quotation by clicking the ‘Get Quote’ button on the page's top. A representative from Care will get in touch with you to offer a premium quote.
4. Is the second medical option covered by Care Insurance critical illness plans?
Yes. Both Care Super Mediclaim Policy and Care Assure Policy offer a second medical opinion as a part of their coverage.
5. Is alternative treatment covered by Care Insurance critical illness plans?
No. Any treatment than allopathy is not covered by Care insurance critical illness plans.
Recent ArticlesView All
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More