Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
Star Health Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
Star Health Insurance FAQs
1. Are the Star health plans available online?
Yes, a majority of the star health insurance plans are available online. You can visit the company’s website, browse through the plans, read the policy wordings and then choose the plan that is best suited for your requirements.
2. How to buy a Star health insurance policy?
In order to purchase a Star health insurance plan, you need to visit their online website and follow the necessary application steps. Alternatively, you can visit the Paytm Insurance website, compare and contrast multiple health insurance plans from Star health and then buy the one which best meets your requirements.
3. How to check the status of a Star health insurance policy?
When you buy a health insurance plan, you are issued an ID and password. You can log into the website or mobile app using that information and check the status of any health insurance plan that you have bought from Star health insurance.
4. Is there an option to cover the entire family under one plan?
Many Star health insurance plans offer family floater options. You can cover newborn children as well as senior citizens under the Star health insurance family floater plans.
5. Can I get maternity health coverage?
Yes, Star offers a health policy that covers all maternity and newborn-related expenses. There are other family floater plans that cover maternity expenses, but they come with a longer waiting period.
6. Does Star health offer kids a health insurance plan?
No. Star health does not offer any specific kid's health insurance plan. However, kids can be covered under their parent’s family health insurance policies if they meet the eligibility requirements.
7. Does Star health pay claims easily?
Star health is one of the best settlers of claims in the health insurance industry in India. They offer hassle-free claim settlement insurance in a short span of time, which is often less than two hours.
8. How to file a Star health insurance claim?
It is very easy to file a health insurance claim. If it is a cashless claim, you simply need to inform the insurer and fill out the claim form. If it is a reimbursement claim, you need to fill out the claim form and submit all the documents needed. Once the documents are checked, the insurer will reimburse you for the amount you paid to the hospital.
9. Can I file reimbursement claims from network hospitals?
No, usually reimbursement claims procedure is filed through a non-network hospital.
10. Is there a plan available for COVID protection?
Yes, Star health has launched the Corona Rakshak Policy which has a sum insured as high as INR 2.5 lacs. The policyholder can get 100% of the sum insured, provided he gets diagnosed with COVID-19 and spends 72 hours in a hospital.
Star Health Insurance Renewal FAQs
1. Can I get my Star health insurance renewal through my desktop or laptop?
Yes, you can easily get your existing Star health insurance policy renewed using your desktop, laptop or even mobile devices. In this mode, you will get various options regarding Star health insurance online payment, which makes the renewal procedure very accessible.
2. When is the best time to renew my Star health insurance policy?
Generally, it is suggested to renew your Star health insurance policy a week before its validity expires. However, you can also get it renewed earlier, but not before 30 days of the term period expiration.
3. Will my Star health insurance renewal be denied in case I had claimed in the preceding year?
No, the renewal of your Star health insurance policy will not be denied in case you have filed a claim or multiple claims in the preceding year.
4. On what account can my Star health insurance renewal get denied?
The Star health insurance renewal can be denied in case there is a valid case of misrepresentation or fraud by the insured person.
5. Will I be getting coverage within the grace period of my existing Star health insurance plan?
No, you will not get coverage during the grace period of your expired Star health insurance policy.
Star Health Insurance Claim Settlement FAQs
1. When do I need to inform my Star health insurance provider for a cashless claim in case of planned hospitalisation?
In case of a planned cashless treatment procedure, you will have to make the intimation beforehand, about 7 to 10 days in advance.
2. What is the intimation time frame in case of an emergency cashless Star health insurance claim?
In case of an emergency rendered hospitalisation, you must contact Star health within 24 hours of the illness or hospitalisation for a cashless claim procedure.
3. Do I need to provide all the original bills during a Star health insurance reimbursement claim filing?
Yes, you will need to submit all the original expense invoices, receipts and certification of discharge for a reimbursement claim with Star health insurance.
4. When do I need to submit KYC for reimbursement claim under Star health insurance?
In case your total reimbursement claim amount surpasses the INR 1,00,000 limit, you will be required to submit KYC documentation.
5. I have lost my Star health insurance health card. What can I do in case of future health insurance claims?
The Star health insurance health card is very important for making claims, and in case you lose it, you can contact the provider for a new issue by emailing them at email@example.com.
Star Health Insurance Policy Download FAQs
1. Does Star health insurance offer the policy documents for all its health insurance plans?
Yes, at the official website of Star health insurance, you will get access to the policy documents of all the different health insurance policies offered by the company.
2. Does the Star health policy document download file include details about the free look period?
Yes, you can find the required details about the plan’s free look period on the Star health insurance policy documents.
3. Where can I get the grace period details of my Star health insurance plan?
You can get the details regarding your plan’s grace period within the Star health insurance policy documents.
4. Can I download the Star health insurance policy documents by policy number and access them on my android phone?
Yes, you can easily have the Star health insurance policy download by policy number settled on your android phone without any issues. The policy document is available in a pdf format, which is also highly accessible on android.
5. Can I get the Star health insurance policy documents sent to my e-mail?
Yes, if you follow the procedure of Star health insurance policy download, you will get the option of receiving your policy document at your enlisted e-mail address.
Star Health Insurance Benefits FAQs
1. How does the Star health insurance policy benefit against health-related complications?
The Star health insurance policy offers financial assistance for yourself and your loved ones during medical crises should they arise. There are multiple benefits attached to the Star health insurance policy, including extended coverage of up to INR 1 Crore, nationwide availability of the cashless treatment facility, etc.
2. Does my Star health insurance policy cover diagnostic expenses for things like X-rays, blood tests, ultrasounds or MRIs?
Yes, one of the important benefits of the Star health insurance policy is that it covers expenses that are associated with diagnostic tests like MRI, X-ray, blood tests, etc., under the condition that they are associated with in-patient hospitalisation for more than 24 hours. The instance where these expenses will not be paid is when the diagnostic tests are made for evaluation purposes without being backed by the presence of an ailment.
3. Do Star health insurance benefits include coverage of pre and post-hospitalisation coverage?
Yes, the pre and post-hospitalisation medical expenses are eligible for coverage towards the ailment for certain days, included under the policy stipulation. This is one of the crucial benefits of the Star health insurance policy.
4. How accessible is the cashless treatment option as a part of Star health insurance benefits?
As one of the important benefits of the Star health insurance policy, individuals can get wide accessibility to cashless medical treatment through the massive chain of 12,000+ network hospitals.
5. Is a pre-medical checkup mandatory under Star health insurance?
One of the key benefits of Star health insurance policy is the no pre-insurance medical screening requirement for the policyholder. However, this is plan-specific, and you can refer to the respective policy for more information.
Star Health Network Hospitals FAQs
1. Can I check the Star health insurance hospital list near me for excluded hospitals (providers)?
Yes, you can select the non-preferred hospital option on the Star health insurance hospital list and enter the location in order to get the results.
2. Does the Star health insurance hospital list contain address details of all network hospitals within Bhavnagar, Gujarat?
Yes, you will get the address details of all the Star health network hospitals located within Bhavnagar, Gujarat, as well as the details of network hospitals situated in any other place in India.
3. Do I have to go for the cashless treatment facility if I opt for a Star health insurance network hospital?
No, you can either go for a cashless treatment or a reimbursement claim if you opt for a Star health insurance network hospital, as the choice is yours.
4. Can I get cashless treatment for emergency hospitalisation in Star health network hospitals across India?
Yes, you can avail of cashless treatment for emergency hospitalisation through Star health insurance network hospitals in India.
5. In the case of cashless treatment through a Star health insurance network hospital, when am I supposed to make the intimation?
For cashless treatment through a Star health insurance network hospital, you are required to make intimation within 7 to 10 days prior in case of planned hospitalisation and within 24 hours of admission for emergency hospitalisation.
Star Health Insurance Premium Calculator FAQs
1. I have never used an online health insurance premium calculator before, can I use the Star health insurance premium calculator?
The Star health policy calculator is a very simple tool with an easy layout. It only requires a few details from you and doesn’t need any prior knowledge or expertise, hence you can easily use it.
2. Does the Star health policy premium calculator need the medical history of the individual when calculating policy premium estimation?
No, the Star health insurance calculator does not need the medical history details of the individual when determining the estimated premium of the coverage plan.
3. Does the Star health policy calculator require lifestyle habit details at the time of calculating policy premium?
No, the Star health insurance calculator doesn’t require details regarding the individual’s lifestyle habits at the time of determining the policy premium.
4. Can I calculate the premium cost for my parent's policy through the Star health insurance premium calculator?
Yes, you can use the Star health insurance calculator to calculate the premium estimation for a policy that you want to purchase for your parents.
5. Does the Star health insurance online calculator show the premium prices according to the EMI payment method?
Yes, there is an option in the online calculator tool to get the premium price of the policy according to the EMI payment method (if available), alongside the usual full payment option.
Star Health Insurance Top Up Plans FAQs
1. Who should purchase a Star health top up plan?
Anyone not satisfied with the extent of coverage provided by their primary health insurance plan can acquire a top-up plan from Star Health Insurance. You must be a minimum of 18 years old and a current resident of India.
2. Can I buy a Star health top up plan as an NRI?
No. Only currently residing Indians are eligible for Star Health insurance top up plans.
3. What are the age criteria for Star health Insurance top-up insurance coverage?
The Star health insurance top-up policy has an age limitation of 18 to 65 years for adults and 91 days to 25 years for dependent children.
4. How to buy a Star health top up plan?
You need to visit the Star health website and follow their application process to buy a Star health insurance top up plan. Alternatively, you can go to the Paytm Insurance website and go through the innumerable health insurance providers and plans available to you and then make an educated decision.
5. Can I buy Star health insurance top up plans offline?
Yes, you can buy the Star health top up policy at the nearest branch of the insurance company. Offline premium payment modes include demand draft, cheque, etc. See if the insurer accepts cash payments.
Star Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans FAQs
1. What are the waiting terms under Star health insurance critical illness policy?
Star health insurance critical illness policy waiting terms are as follows:
- Except for accidents, illness incurred within thirty days of the insurance policy's commencement date is not insured.
- Pre-existing illnesses are covered following a 48-month waiting time from the start of the first insurance plan, with no breaks.
- After 24 months, coverage for specific illnesses and surgeries becomes applicable.
- The waiting time for critical illness coverage is 90 days from the policy commencement date.
2. Can I port my Star health insurance critical illness policy to another insurer if I am not satisfied with the services?
Yes. As per the IRDAI portability regulations, the insured individual can transfer the plan to another insurance provider by requesting Star Health to move the full policy. One can transfer the same at least 45 days before the insurance renewal date but no sooner than 60 days.
3. What is the minimum age requirement to get enrolled under Star health insurance critical illness plans?
The age requirement of Star health insurance critical illness policy is 18 years.
4. Does this policy cover maternity expenses?
No. This policy only covers the listed critical illness and accidental hospitalisation.
5. What are the listed policy exclusions under Star health insurance critical illness plans?
Here is a list of Star health insurance critical illness policy exclusions:
- Any hospitalisation for the primary aim of inquiry or diagnosis
- Pregnancy, infertility, and congenital external disease or defects
- Treatment at home
- Treatment outside of India
- Circumcision, gender reassignment surgery
- Plastic and cosmetic surgery
- Treatment of refractive errors (< 7.5 diopters)
- Correction of hearing impairments,
- Corrective and cosmetic dental operations
- Substance addiction, willful self-injury, conflict, terrorism, civil conflict, or violation of the law, dangerous sports
- Treatment with naturopathy
- The hospital's service charge, surcharge, entry fees, and registration costs
Recent ArticlesView All
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More