Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
Niva Bupa Health Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance FAQs
1. Why choose Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance Health Insurance?
Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance is a leading health insurance company in India. It has a vast range of covers that cater to the needs of an individual, as well as the entire family. You can get many unique covers such as maternity cover, alternative medicine cove, etc. The plans are very economically priced. The company has branches all over the country and also has a very good customer support team so reaching out is never a problem.
2. How to buy a Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance plan?
You can buy Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) health insurance online or offline. If you decide to buy the plan online, you can make the purchase through the company's own website or through the website of a trusted insurance aggregator. The process is simple and the cost of the online plans are relatively lower. If you wish to buy the plan offline, you can either visit the branch of the insurance company or contact an insurance agent and buy the plan through him or her.
3. Does Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance have network hospitals?
Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) has an extensive list of network hospitals. Over 5,000 hospitals all across India have tied up with Max Bupa. You can get cashless treatment at any of these hospitals. The cashless claim process is smooth and can be settled in just about 30 minutes, making it one of the most efficient claim processes in the country.
4. How to file a claim?
You can inform the hospital and the insurer about hospitalization and submit the pre-authorization form when it comes to cashless claims. In the case of a reimbursement claim, you need to submit the claim form along with all the original documents and have the amount reimbursed. You can file the claim online as well on Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) website and check the status of your claim by entering your policy number and date of birth.
5. Can I port my plan to Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance?
Yes, Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) welcomes customers who wish to port their plans to the company. You need to submit your documents, along with the application form. Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) will review your application and let you know of the status at the earliest.
6. Can foreigners buy the Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) health plans?
Yes, foreign nationals residing in India can purchase the Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) health plans. They can get treated at national hospitals with the policy, but no claims will be entertained when made outside India.
7. Can I get maternity coverage with Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance?
Yes, most of the family floater health plans from Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) offer maternity insurance covers. The waiting period is also lower compared to the other plans in the market. This is a big advantage of buying health insurance covers from Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance Renewal FAQs
1. Does Niva Bupa health insurance offer a grace period while renewing a policy?
According to its terms and regulations, Niva Bupa health insurance offers a 30-day grace period after the renewal is due. However, if you don’t make the Niva Bupa Health Insurance online payment, claims are still not paid during the grace period. We advise paying insurance premiums on or before the due date to continue health insurance advantages like waiting periods and pre-existing disease coverage.
2. Does Niva Bupa remind clients to renew their policies?
As a courtesy, Niva Bupa health insurance does send emails and text messages regarding Niva Bupa health policy renewal to consumers as a reminder. To get SMS and emails regularly, keep your contact information (mobile number and email address) up to date in their system.
3. Is a new health card sent by Niva Bupa after a renewal of Niva Bupa health?
No, Niva Bupa health insurance guarantees that your current health card will be valid after your current policy is renewed. Only if there is a change in your health insurance plan, an increase in your sum insured, or the addition of a member will it provide you with a new health card for your coverage.
4. How soon will Niva Bupa send me a soft copy and a hard copy of my policy documentation if I renew it online?
Following the Niva Bupa health insurance renewal, the business will send a soft copy of the policy documents to your registered email address within 48 hours. After your policy has been renewed, a hard copy will be sent to the address on file for communication at your address within 5 days.
5. If I upgrade my Niva Bupa health insurance plan, is there a waiting period I must endure?
According to the underwriting standards of the company, waiting periods may indeed be applied if you raise the sum insured or add additional members to the policy. Do check with the insurer while doing so.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance Claim Settlement FAQs
1. How can I get the claims form to download?
Navigate to www.nivabupa.com and select "claims." Next click on the service form, choose the claim form from the drop-down menu and download the form in accordance with your plan.
2. Can every Niva Bupa customer submit a claim for reimbursement online?
No, only holders of Niva Bupa retail policies—members protected under Health Premia, GoActive, ReAssure, Health Companion, Health Recharge, Heartbeat, Corona Kavach, Health Assurance, Health Pulse, and Aarogya Sanjeevani—have access to the online claim reimbursement process.
3. Is it possible to modify my mobile number after making my online claim?
You can alter your mobile number, but only if you have a registered number. Reference numbers and acknowledgements will only be sent to registered numbers.
4. What is the deadline for filing claim paperwork?
Within 30 days of the registered person's release from the hospital (in the case of pre-hospitalization medical costs and hospitalisation medical expenses), within 30 days of the end of the post-hospitalization medical costs period (in the case of post-hospitalization medical expenses), or within 30 days of death or disability as a result of a covered event, the document should be filled out with the necessary information regarding all claims at their insured person's expense (in case of personal accident cover).
5. What if the notification or documentation of the Niva Bupa health claim is delayed?
You must give the company a written explanation for the delay if the claim is not reported to Niva Bupa or the required papers are not delivered within the time frame outlined in the aforementioned article. If it can be demonstrated that the delay occurred for circumstances outside the claimant's control, the company will excuse it.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance Policy Download FAQs
1. How can I obtain a physical copy of my Niva Bupa health policy document downloaded online?
A paper copy of your Niva Bupa Health Insurance policy download by policy number will be sent to your registered email address by Niva Bupa Health Insurance after it has been issued. You will also receive an email with the policy. The policy is available for download and printing as well.
2. Does the number of times I can process my Niva Bupa health policy document downloaded online have a cap?
No, there are no restrictions on how often you can download your Niva Bupa health policy document downloaded online.
3. Can I modify the document describing my Niva Bupa Health Insurance policy download?
You can contact Niva Bupa directly to make changes to the information listed in your Niva Bupa Health Insurance policy documentation. Call the insurance provider at 1860-500-8888, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or, if you're a senior citizen, send an email to email@example.com for priority support.
4. Can I check my policy status before processing the Niva Bupa health insurance download policy?
Yes, you can check your policy status before completing the Niva Bupa health insurance download policy. All you need to do is, go straight to the "My Policy" part of the Niva Bupa Health Insurance Company's homepage. You can check the status of your insurance policy by clicking this section, which will take you to the "Login" page where you must enter your "User Id" and "Password."
5. Does my Niva Bupa health insurance download policy provide me with the details of my policy exclusions?
Yes, your Niva Bupa Health Insurance download policy will include your policy exclusions. Here are some of the most common exclusions you may find, so don't forget to check thoroughly before purchasing the policy best fit for your needs.
- Prior to the expiration of the stated waiting time, pre-existing health conditions are not covered.
- Health issues that appear within the initial month of purchasing the insurance are not covered.
- HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted infections, and their sequelae are not covered by insurance.
- If an illness or accident results from using drugs, alcohol, or other substances excessively, there is no coverage.
- Conditions brought on by attempted suicides or other sorts of self-harm are not covered by insurance.
- No compensation may be claimed for harm resulting from war, situations that are similar to a conflict, or other man-made disasters.
- The Niva Bupa (previously Max Bupa) Health Insurance plans do not cover any claims for cosmetic surgery or procedures.
- Nuclear warfare-related illnesses and injuries are not covered by insurance.
- No coverage is offered for IVF or fertility treatments.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance Benefits FAQs
1. What steps must I take to use my Niva Bupa health insurance plan benefits for medical advantages?
Niva Bupa Health Insurance Company Ltd. (formerly Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited) policy offers a simple and quick claim procedure that enables policyholders to utilise a cashless facility at any network hospital or reimbursement option upon hospital discharge.
2. Do deductibles apply to Niva Bupa Health Companion?
Yes. The yearly aggregate deductibles for the Health Companion coverage range from INR 1 lakh to INR 10 lakh under the Niva Bupa health insurance benefits.
3. Is there a plan that provides the hospital cash benefits of Niva Bupa health insurance?
In addition to the covered amount and inpatient care, the Money Saver-Family Health Insurance Plan offers hospital cash benefits of Niva Bupa health insurance coverage.
4. Does Niva Bupa health insurance benefits provide me with a Co-Pay benefit?
A co-pay is a necessary cost-sharing component of health insurance. According to co-pay, the insured will be responsible for paying a certain portion of the acceptable cost. The amount covered is not impacted by co-pay in any manner. Co-pay options are available for several Niva Bupa insurance where predetermined voluntary deductibles apply. This implies that the customer just needs to pay a set portion of their cost. As soon as the predetermined sum is surpassed, the insurer will pay the balance due. You can drastically lower the cost of your insurance by using a copayment facility.
5. How can I book OPD appointments through Niva Bupa health insurance?
Niva Bupa Health Insurance Company Ltd. offers a health app that allows policyholders to easily access health insurance plans, schedule OPD appointments with physicians or at a clinical laboratory for diagnostic testing, participate in e-consultations, and purchase medications at home. With over 1.5 lakh downloads, the application won the Best Tech for Health Category 2019 award.
Niva Bupa Health Network Hospitals FAQs
1. What is the approx number of network hospitals I have access to under the Niva Bupa Health Insurance plan?
The Niva Bupa Health Insurance plans offer you an approx number of 8600+ network hospitals under a health insurance plan regardless of your choice of health plans.
2. Where can I obtain information about the network hospital?
On the company's official website, you may find information about the network hospital. Simply go to www.nivabupa.com, click on the hospital network option, and then choose your state and city.
3. What are hospitals that are not recognised, and where can I get a list of them?
A hospital or health facility that is not recognised by the proper authorities in India or in any other country where the service is provided is referred to as an unacknowledged hospital or health facility. Claims for care at hospitals that are not covered are stated on the website and in the policy document as well. You can view the list of unrecognised hospitals on the website by going to www.nivabupa.com, selecting hospital network, and then selecting unrecognized hospitals or you can access it online.
4. What does the hospital receive in cash?
Hospital cash is a regular benefit that pays the insured person a lump sum payment should they need to be hospitalised. You can utilise the funds to cover additional costs or to make up for any income you lose while you're in the hospital.
5. Why is a security deposit required by the network hospital?
As part of its protocol, the hospital could request a security deposit from you regardless of whether it is a network hospital or a non-network one. But this may differ from hospital to hospital, and the deposit might be returned in accordance with hospital policies.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance Premium Calculator FAQs
1. How can I use the Niva Bupa Health Insurance premium calculator (formerly Max Bupa Health Insurance)?
You must fill out the form with your personal information before utilising a Niva Bupa health calculator.
- Select the "Personal or Family Floater Health" details
- The name of your city
- Enter your name and email address
- Choose the insured members
- Type in your phone number and current medical problems
- Select "Get Quote" from the menu
2. What benefits come from using the Niva Bupa Health Insurance premium calculator? The advantages of utilising an online premium calculator include the following:
- It is simple to estimate your policy premium online with the use of a digital premium calculator.
- Comparing several health insurance plans makes choosing a health insurance plan simple.
- You're not required to make a decision under the influence of an insurance agent.
3. How does Niva Bupa determine the cost of a policy?
The Niva Bupa health mediclaim premium calculator can be used to determine the cost of your policy. The amount of coverage chosen, the number of insured individuals, their ages, and their current addresses all go into the calculation of the premium.
4. Could you please confirm whether Niva Bupa would raise my premium if my coverage has several claims?
Please note that the computation of premiums is unaffected by claims under specific insurance. The age of the covered person(s) as of the renewal date and the most recent address in the database is used to determine the renewal rates. The business determines the premium rate based on a person's age at a certain period rather than a constant percentage rise every year. The risk profile is the basis for the premium rise.
5. How do I download my Niva Bupa premium payment receipt?
You must be aware of your policy number in order to obtain a Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) health policy online. In the same manner, you may get their Niva Bupa (formerly known as Max Bupa) health insurance premium receipt. The following are the processes for downloading a copy of a Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) health insurance policy:
- Visit the official Niva Bupa Health Insurance website to register online.
- Then, if you are an existing client, you must provide the appropriate information in the health insurance area, including your email address, policy number, and password, among other things.
- By selecting the "download" option, you may obtain your Niva Bupa health insurance premium receipt.
- Alternatively, you may visit customer support and select the premium receipt button; they will ask for your phone number to generate a special code. Once the verification is complete, you may download the receipt.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance Top Up Plans FAQs
1. Are pre-acceptance medical tests necessary for the Niva Bupa health insurance top up plans?
Yes. Pre-acceptance medical tests are necessary for the Niva Bupa health insurance top up plans.
2. Can I get tax benefits from the Niva Bupa health insurance top up plans?
Yes. You can get tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act by paying premiums for this health insurance policy.
3. What is the highest amount of sum insured available for me?
The highest amount of sum insured you can receive from Niva Bupa health insurance top up plans is INR 95 lakhs.
4. What is the lowest deductible amount allowed under the super top up policy?
The lowest deductible amount you can set is INR 10,000 for top up coverage and INR 1 lakhs for Niva Bupa health insurance super top up plan coverage.
5. Does this plan cover critical illness?
Yes. Critical illness coverage is provided as an optional coverage option to policyholders.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans FAQs
1. Are pre-acceptance medical screenings necessary for Niva Bupa health insurance critical illness plans?
When you sign up for Niva Bupa health insurance critical illness plans, you may be required to undergo a medical examination. Medical examinations, on the other hand, are not frequently required for policy renewal.
2. How to contact Niva Bupa health insurance?
To contact Niva Bupa health insurance, you have to dial 1860 500 8888 between 9 am to 6 pm from Monday to Sunday.
3. What is the policy tenure for Niva Bupa critical illness coverage?
The policy tenure for Niva Bupa critical illness coverage is 1, 2, or 3 years.
4. Can I get the policy as a family sum insured coverage?
Yes. The policy is available as both individual and family floater sum insured coverage.
5. What are the Niva Bupa health insurance critical illness plans exclusions?
The Niva Bupa critical illness policy exclusions include:
- HIV /AIDS
- Drugs, alcohol, substance abuse or any narcotics prescribed by any non-medical practitioner
- Failure to follow or seek medical advice
- Diseases from wars
- Participation in the military, air force or naval operation
- Participation in marine /aviation activities
- Adventure or professional sports
- Breach of law
- Nuclear contamination
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
Measures for Preventing Cancer
By choosing healthy lifestyle habits, you can reduce your risk of developing some common types of cancer. Lear...Read More
Understanding Free Health Check-up Coverage of Your Health I...
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Let’s Scan Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Plan
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
Star Health Insurance Family Health Optima Policy
Star Family Health Optima Health Insurance Policy provides extensive coverage for the entire family under a si...Read More
Vitamins and Minerals That Boost Metabolism
Leaner people are associated with a high basal metabolic rate. However, Vitamin B and D, and minerals such as ...Read More
Different Types of Health Insurance Policies Offered in Indi...
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Healthy Foods That Protect Your Liver
The liver is the body's detoxification system that filters out toxins and is responsible for numerous vital fu...Read More
Understanding the Types and Treatments of Diabetes
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More
Manage Anxiety Easily with These Tips
The constant feeling of something going wrong can wreak havoc on one’s mind and affect daily tasks. However, h...Read More