Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
Star Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
Star health insurance critical illness plans are extremely valued by their clients because they cover all expenses connected with multiple serious illnesses and their treatments. These schemes offer low premium rates and extended coverage options, resulting in numerous exclusive benefits, including access to a wide network of cashless healthcare treatment facilities across the country. Such an extensive hospital network only helps in immediate care and feels more useful, particularly for those seeking critical illness treatment where getting late to the hospital can cost someone his life. Critical illness plans indemnify you against the treatment expenses and ensure a fixed lump sum disbursal upon the diagnosis of a covered disease.
Star health insurance has become a recognized name in India’s insurance sector, with over 13,000 network hospitals across the country. Among the most attractive categories in which the organisation works is medical insurance.
This page will offer you a detailed description of Star health insurance critical illness plans.
Star Health Critical Illness Policy
Star health insurance covers critical illnesses through multiple dedicated plans. Of which Star Criticare Plus Insurance Policy is one. This policy aims to reimburse hospitalisation expenses racked up as a consequence of the listed diseases and/or unintentional injuries, as well as offer a lump sum payout in case the insured individual is diagnosed with a severe illness as mentioned in the insurance policy document for the very first time throughout the term of the policy.
Benefits of Star Health Critical Illness Insurance Policy
Here is a list of benefits offered by different Star health insurance critical illness plans.:
- Tele-medicine Service
In today's fast-paced world, the healthcare industry is quickly evolving and changing. Telemedicine has emerged as one of the most important ways to improve patient care and healthcare services at health facilities. Star health critical illness insurance policy offers a telemedicine service named 'Talk to Star'.
This means that if you experience an incapacitating illness or injury that prevents you from travelling to a hospital or doctor, you can receive your first diagnosis, medication and follow-up care for your condition using this remote healthcare service.
- AYUSH treatment coverage
What adds to Star health critical illness insurance policy is its coverage for Ayurvedic treatment that many go for to treat various diseases. The policy offers alternative treatment coverage, such as yoga and homoeopathy, to help you get rid of your health-related issues without putting a hole in your pocket.
- Family Discounts
Star health insurance critical illness plans are designed to help you and your family resolve these important issues. Whether you need emergency hospitalisation due to an accident or recovering from a serious injury, this plan has got you covered. It also offers family discounts.
Star health critical illness insurance policy offers 5% discounts on family plans for up to two members while the limit increases up to 10% if you have more than two members in your policy coverage.
- Free Look Period
The free-look period is the time immediately following your policy purchase. Apart from the first 15 days of the policy, you have time to cancel and terminate your insurance plan. During this period, you can cancel your policy without any penalty. This can be helpful in certain situations where you are unhappy with the coverage or so.
- Accidental Hospitalisation Coverage
A critical illness insurance policy not only provides financial assistance in the event of a cardiac arrest, stroke or other irreversible disability but also offers accidental hospitalisation coverage. It's like two policy coverages in one. This policy provides critical illness coverage and accidental hospitalisation coverage in one single policy, making it more affordable and easier for you.
- Tax Breaks
Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, offers tax deductions to active health insurance policyholders. The limit of tax breaks is INR 50,000 for senior policyholders who are above the age of 60 years. The tax deduction limit for policyholders under that age mark is INR 25,000.
Key Features of Star Health Insurance Critical Illness Cover
Understanding health insurance coverage and its types is crucial in planning your finances. Ensuring the same will help you choose the best coverage to meet your needs.
Here are the key features of Star Health critical illness cover:
- Star Criticare Plus Insurance Policy covers nine specified critical illnesses.
- Star Critical Illness Multipay Insurance Policy covers 37 specified critical illnesses.
- Star Cancer Care Platinum Insurance Policy offers cancer and non-cancer in-patient hospitalisation expenses
- Lump sum payout is offered on critical illness diagnosis.
- Regular hospitalisation coverage is provided.
- Alternative therapy expenses are covered.
- Lifelong renewals are guaranteed.
Star Health Insurance Critical Illness Policy List
Critical illness coverage is an important component of everybody’s insurance planning. Star Health & Allied Insurance, being one of the leading insurers in the country, offers comprehensive critical illness coverage through its various critical illness plans. These plans provide regular hospitalisation coverage as well as a lump sum payout in case of critical illness diagnosis.
1. Star Criticare Plus Insurance Policy
|Sum Insured||INR 2-10 lakh|
|Policy Term||1 year|
|Min. Age Requirement||18 years|
- In-patient hospitalisation
- Post-hospitalisation (7% of overall hospitalisation expenses)
- Pre-hospitalisation (30 days)
Critical Illness Coverage
- First cancer diagnosis
- Brain tumour
- Chronic kidney diseases
- First-time major organ transplant
- First-time Hemiplegia caused by cerebrovascular stroke
- First time left ventricular ejection fraction of less than 25% caused by acute myocardial infarction
- First time established irreversible coma
- First time established irreversible quadriplegia
- First time established irreversible paraplegia
2. Star Critical Illness Multipay Insurance Policy
|Sum Insured||INR 5-25 lakh|
|Policy Term||1,2, 3 years|
|Min. Age Requirement||18 years|
- End-stage lung failure
- Systemic lupus erythematous along with lupus nephritis
- Fulminant hepatitis
- Third-degree burns
- End-stage liver failure
- Kidney failure which needs regular dialysis
- Major organ transplantation
- Apallic syndrome
- Progressive supranuclear palsy
- Brain surgery
- Bacterial meningitis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Major head trauma
- Speech loss
- Benign brain tumour
- Persisting symptoms of multiple sclerosis
- Persisting symptoms of motor neuron disease
- Permanent limb paralysis
- Persisting symptoms of stroke
- Specified severity coma
- Specified severity cardiomyopathy
- Myocardial infarction
- Heart valve repair or open heart replacement
- Heart transplantation
- Dissecting aortic aneurysm
- Open chest CABG
- Primary pulmonary hypertension (idiopathic)
- Aorta surgery
- Other serious coronary artery diseases
- Aplastic anaemia
- Bone marrow transplantation
- Specified severity cancer
3. Star Cancer Care Platinum Insurance Policy
|Sum Insured||INR 5-10 lakh|
|Policy Term||1 year|
|Age Requirement||5 months - 65 years|
- In-patient cancer and non-cancer hospitalisation
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses (30 days)
- Post-hospitalisation expenses (60 days)
- Day care treatments
- Cataract treatment
- Health check-up costs
- Wellness service
- Rehabilitation & pain management
- Modern treatments
- Hospice care
Star Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans FAQs
1. What are the waiting terms under Star health insurance critical illness policy?
Star health insurance critical illness policy waiting terms are as follows:
- Except for accidents, illness incurred within thirty days of the insurance policy's commencement date is not insured.
- Pre-existing illnesses are covered following a 48-month waiting time from the start of the first insurance plan, with no breaks.
- After 24 months, coverage for specific illnesses and surgeries becomes applicable.
- The waiting time for critical illness coverage is 90 days from the policy commencement date.
2. Can I port my Star health insurance critical illness policy to another insurer if I am not satisfied with the services?
Yes. As per the IRDAI portability regulations, the insured individual can transfer the plan to another insurance provider by requesting Star Health to move the full policy. One can transfer the same at least 45 days before the insurance renewal date but no sooner than 60 days.
3. What is the minimum age requirement to get enrolled under Star health insurance critical illness plans?
The age requirement of Star health insurance critical illness policy is 18 years.
4. Does this policy cover maternity expenses?
No. This policy only covers the listed critical illness and accidental hospitalisation.
5. What are the listed policy exclusions under Star health insurance critical illness plans?
Here is a list of Star health insurance critical illness policy exclusions:
- Any hospitalisation for the primary aim of inquiry or diagnosis
- Pregnancy, infertility, and congenital external disease or defects
- Treatment at home
- Treatment outside of India
- Circumcision, gender reassignment surgery
- Plastic and cosmetic surgery
- Treatment of refractive errors (< 7.5 diopters)
- Correction of hearing impairments,
- Corrective and cosmetic dental operations
- Substance addiction, willful self-injury, conflict, terrorism, civil conflict, or violation of the law, dangerous sports
- Treatment with naturopathy
- The hospital's service charge, surcharge, entry fees, and registration costs
Recent ArticlesView All
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More