With the insurance market being highly competitive, there are a large number of options available when it comes to purchasing health insurance policies. Every health insurance provider has different features and would be suitable for individuals based on their requirements.
A good health insurance company would be selected based on various criteria such as its claim settlement ratio or the incurred claim ratio, the availability of cashless network hospitals, the easiness of the claim settlement procedure, the customer support that can be provided by the company, the reviews/ratings of the Health Insurance Company, etc.
Top Health Insurance Companies in India
So, let the topmost health insurance companies in our country which are a popular choice among the customers.
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Limited
- Star Health Insurance Company
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Company
- Care Health Insurance
- Cigna TTK Health Insurance Company
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Company
- SBI Health Insurance Company
1. HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Limited
The HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Limited was formerly known as the Apollo Munich Health Insurance. This is a joint venture between HDFC Limited and ERGO International AG. HDFC Limited is one of the best financial services companies and mainly deals with housing finance in India. Moreover, HDFC Limited has a huge presence in sectors such as banking, insurance, deposits, education loans, etc. The ERGO International AG belongs to the Munich Re Group and offers a variety of insurance products in sectors such as health, accidents, etc. In this venture, HDFC would hold a stake of 51% and ERGO International AG is a stakeholder of 49%.
Some of the very well-known health insurance plans offered by the HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Limited are:-
- HDFC ERGO Health Optima Restore Individual Plan
- HDFC ERGO Health Optima Cash Plan
- HDFC ERGO Health Optima Super Family Plan
- HDFC ERGO Health Optima Plus Plan
- HDFC ERGO Health Optima Vital Critical Illness Plan
- HDFC ERGO Health Maxima Health Plan
- HDFC ERGO Health Easy Health Family Plan
2. Star Health Insurance Company
The Star Health Insurance Company is one of the well-known and reputed health insurance providers in our country. This health insurance company has been offering several health insurance products in the country for many years. The Star Health Insurance Company is quite popular among common people due to its disease-specific health insurance plans and also has a very robust network of hospitals throughout the country.
The Star Health Insurance Company has a very high ratio of claim settlement and also provides great customer support.
Let us have a look at some of the very common health insurance policies offered by the Star Health Insurance Company.
- Star Health Gain Insurance policy
- Star Health Medi-Classic Insurance policy
- Star Health Family Health Optima plan
- Star Health Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance plan
- Star Comprehensive Insurance policy
- Super Surplus Insurance policy
3. Max Bupa Health Insurance Company
The Max Bupa Health Insurance Company is a joint venture between Max India Limited and the Bupa Group. It has around 4000 network hospitals by which cashless treatment can be availed. Max India is said to have expertise in healthcare and insurance services. These services can be clinical research as well as life insurance. The major advantages offered by the Max Bupa Health Insurance Company are their efficiency and professionalism. Moreover, the company offers a wide variety of customised health insurance plans for its customers which would enable them to have a healthier life.
Some of the quite well-known health insurance plans offered by the Max Bupa Health Insurance Company are:-
- Health Companion Plan
- Health Premia
- Health Reassure
- Go Active Health Insurance Plan
4. Aditya Birla Health Insurance
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company is a subsidiary of the Aditya Birla Capital Limited. The company has a good customer base for its insurance services in South-East Asia, South Asia, and the Middle East. The Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company offers cashless treatment for its customers in around 650 cities of the country. Customers can have access to around 800 fitness centres and gyms across the country. The policyholders would also be able to avail of discounts on medicines in 2300 pharmacy centres across 250 cities of the country. According to the selected plan, cover for in-patient AYUSH treatment is also provided.
Some of the major health insurance plans as offered by the Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company are:-
- Aditya Birla Activ Assure Plan
- Aditya Birla Activ Health Plan
- Aditya Birla Activ Care Plan
- Aditya Birla Activ Secure Plan
- Aditya Birla Group Health Insurance Products
5. Bharti AXA Health Insurance
Bharti AXA Health Insurance is well-known among the customers due to its efficient and dedicated services to its customers. The hassle-free claim settlement process of Bharti AXA Health Insurance is another reason for the popularity of its health insurance plans amongst its customers.
Some of the major benefits of the Bharti AXA Health Insurance Company are:-
- The majority of the Bharti AXA Health Insurance plans do not need making co-payment.
- Cashless hospitalisation can be availed in around 4500 network hospitals across the country.
- The benefits of lifelong renewal and also the availability of unlimited room rent for some of the plans are quite helpful.
- Medical cover of up to INR 1 crore can be availed by the policyholders.
6. IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
By IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance, you would be able to ensure hassle-free complete healthcare facilities for your family. If there are cases like injuries, critical illnesses, or any other diseases which would need hospitalisation, the IFFCO Health Insurance would help in providing financial cover.
- The IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Company would help in catering to the needs of the rural population as well.
- The IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Company would help in providing its customers with a hassle-free claim settlement process.
- Policyholders can even avail of additional coverage on critical illnesses by making some extra premium payments on the health insurance plan which already exists.
7. Care Health Insurance
The Care Health Insurance has a claim settlement ratio of around 93% for the financial year of 2018-19. It was previously known as the Religare Health Insurance Company Limited and has made quite great progress in a short time duration.
Let us check out some of the major features of the Care Health Insurance Plans.
- Care Health Insurance would provide the benefit of the approval of cashless claims within 2 hours of claim submission in the majority of the cases.
- Most of the health insurance plans offered by the Care Health Insurance Company provide the Annual health check-up facility.
- Care Health Care Heart Plan is available for certain pre-existing conditions and also for annual cardiac check-ups.
- There are health insurance plans available that can meet various requirements such as individual health insurance plans, family floater health insurance plans, health insurance plans for senior citizens, etc.
8. Cigna TTK Health Insurance Company
The Cigna TTK Health Insurance Company is said to be a progeny of the Cigna Corporation and the TTK Group. Cigna TTK offers a group of wide varieties of health insurance plans which would help in covering the health needs of all age groups of people. On the health insurance products of the Cigna TTK Company, competitive prices are offered and a no-claim bonus of up to 50% is also offered by the company.
The common health insurance plans offered by the Cigna TTK Health Insurance Company are:-
- Cigna TTK Prohealth Insurance Plan
- Cigna TTK ProHealth Plus Plan
- Cigna TTK Premier Plan
- Cigna TTK Prohealth Preferred Plan
- Critical Care Insurance Plan
- Global Health Group Policy
9. Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Company
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Company offers a wide range of comprehensive health insurance plans which have the below-mentioned features.
- The Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Company offers health insurance cover for individuals, families as well as senior citizens too.
- There are certain health insurance plans where the health insurance plans provide cover for ailments like tumours, cancer, strokes, etc.
- There are 3 main health insurance products available i.e. Health Guard, Silver Health, and Star Package.
- The facility of cashless claim settlement is available for more than 6500 hospitals.
- International coverage is also provided by the Global personal guard health plan.
Some of the quite popular health insurance plans offered by the Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Company are:-
- Bajaj Allianz Health-Guard
- Bajaj Allianz Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy
- Bajaj Allianz Extra Care
- Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Plus
- Bajaj Allianz Global Personal Guard
- Bajaj Allianz Corona Kavach Policy
- Bajaj Allianz Silver Health
10. Future Generali Health Insurance
The Future Generali Health Insurance Company would offer various comprehensive health insurance plans with a large number of benefits.
- This health insurance company helps in providing cashless hospitalisation in nearly 5000 hospitals across the country.
- Different categories of health insurance plans are available to meet the needs of people such as Critical illness policy, Personal Accident plans, Mediclaim Insurance, Top-up plans, Aarogya Sanjeevani policy, Hospital cash, Senior Citizen Insurance, etc.
- Cashless hospitalisation is approved within 90 minutes of the request submission.
Let us check out the most well-known health insurance plans offered by the Future Generali Health Insurance Company.
- Future Varishtha Bima Health Insurance
- Future Vector Care Health Insurance
- Future Generali Personal Accident Plan
- Future Generali Critical Illness Insurance Policy
- Future Health Suraksha Insurance Policy
So, these are some of the best health insurance companies offering various health insurance policies with different terms and conditions. You must choose the medical insurance plan which would be suitable for you and your family. Misfortunes can arrive anytime, be careful, and compare all health insurance plans before choosing a particular plan.