Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
ManipalCigna Critical Care Plan is a type of critical illness health insurance offered by the insurer. ManipalCigna health critical illness insurance plans pay you the sum insured if you are diagnosed with any critical illness covered by the policy for the first time. One of the benefits of such insurance is the lump sum payment or phased payout choices available upon diagnosis of a critical disease.
ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Plans
Lifestyle protection critical care plans from ManipalCigna are global critical illness plans that provide financial assistance in times of need. The critical illness coverage will pay you the whole sum insured if you are diagnosed with one of the 15 or 30 major diseases and treatments mentioned in your ManipalCigna critical illness policy. It guarantees your access to high-quality healthcare when you need it. In addition to the coverage, you will have the advantage of a professional second opinion. You will also have access to digital wellness programs.
ManipalCigna Critical Care Plan provides coverage of INR 1 lakh to INR 25 crores for critical illnesses, wherein it provides the sum insured on the diagnosis of any of the 15 listed critical illnesses. There is also an additional benefit of 10% of the sum insured in case you do not choose a lump sum benefit but a staggered payment option.
This health insurance plan has two variants- Critical Care Basic and Critical Care Enhanced.
The Critical Care Basic Plan covers these 15 illnesses:
- Open heart CABG
- Specified severity levels of cancer
- Specific severity coma levels
- First heart attack
- Kidney failure, which needs regular monitoring and dialysis
- A permanent stroke resulting from permanent symptoms
- Bone marrow or major organ transplant
- A permanent paralysis of limbs
- Multiple sclerosis with persisting symptoms
- Repair of heart valves or open heart replacement
- Loss of sight
- Primary (idiopathic) pulmonary hypertension
- Motor neuron disease, which has permanent symptoms
- Aorta graft surgery
Critical Care Enhanced Plan covers these additional 15 critical illnesses:
- Coronary artery disease
- End-stage liver failure
- End-stage lung failure
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Aplastic anaemia
- Fulminant hepatitis
- Third-degree burns
- Bacterial meningitis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Benign brain tumour
- Apallic syndrome
- Muscular dystrophy
- Medullary cystic disease
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Loss of speech.
Benefits of ManipalCigna Health Critical Illness Insurance Policy
Here is a list of all the benefits of ManipalCigna health critical illness insurance plans:
1. Peace of Mind
The financial burden of critical illness can be daunting. The ManipalCigna health critical illness policy offers peace of mind by offering coverage for any critical illness or disease covered under this ManipalCigna Health Insurance plan.
2. Free-Look Period
The ManipalCigna health insurance critical illness policy offers a free-look period of 15 days. You can cancel the policy during the free-look period if you wish to do so.
3. Claim Payout
Policyholders can choose between two different claim payout methods:
- Payout in Lump Sum
The whole sum insured is provided in a lump sum upon identification of any of the listed critical illnesses.
- Phased Payout
When a critical illness is diagnosed, a lump amount of 25% of the total amount insured is payable. The remaining 75% and an extra 10% of the insured amount are delivered in 60 equalised monthly installments.
Please note if you have chosen the phased payout option, you can also change it to lump sum compensation at the time of claim settlement.
4. Digital Wellness Programs
There are times when some of your health concerns remain unanswered or unaddressed, despite being reported. You could be facing a serious health problem that needs immediate attention. This is where wellness programs offered by ManipalCigna health critical illness insurance plans come into play. Its website offers programmes such as lifestyle management, health risk assessment, nutrition, as well as access to health publications.
5. Huge Network of Hospitals
ManipalCigna health critical illness insurance plans are comprehensive, providing financial help in times of need and access to a large network of hospitals. The company also provides world-class health treatment and facilities.
6. Tax Breaks
The ManipalCigna health insurance critical illness cover entitles you to an income tax deduction under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of India, 1961.
Key Features of ManipalCigna Health Critical Illness Insurance Policy
Here is a list of all the features offered under ManipalCigna health critical illness insurance plans:
- The insured sum is between INR 1 lakh and INR 25 crore for ManipalCigna health critical illness insurance plans.
- The policy includes coverage for 15 major diseases and treatments.
- You can choose between lump sum and phased payouts when buying ManipalCigna health critical illness insurance plans.
- You can receive coverage benefits after being diagnosed anywhere on the globe.
- The policy terms are one, two and three years.
- Discounts of 7.5 per cent and 10 per cent are available when purchasing a two or three-year single premium coverage.
- These plans cover the self, spouse, and dependents (parents, in-laws, siblings, dependent children, as well as grandkids).
- Furthermore, you can settle the premium payment on a single, annual, semi-annual, monthly or quarterly schedule under ManipalCigna health critical illness insurance plans
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Critical Illness Plan List
These plans offer a significant financial safeguard against life-changing catastrophic diseases by providing you with the whole sum covered upon initial diagnosis of the designated sickness. This is a fixed benefit plan where the entire benefit is paid on the diagnosis of the first critical illness. ManipalCigna critical illness policy covers 15 to 30 listed critical illnesses.
1. Critical Care Basic
|Sum Insured||INR 1,00,000 –25,00,00,000|
|Base Premium||INR 2,915 per annum|
|Waiting Period||90 days|
2. Critical Care Enhanced
|Sum Insured Amount||INR 1,00,000 –25,00,00,000|
|Base Premium Amount||INR. 3,776 per annum|
|Waiting Period||90 days|
Coverage of ManipalCigna Health Critical Illness Insurance Plans
|Critical Care Basic||Critical Care Enhanced|
|Specified severity cancer||Critical care basic plan coverage|
|Open cChest CABG||Aplastic anaemia|
|Myocardial infarction||Fulminant hepatitis|
|Open heart replacement||Apallic syndrome|
|Specified severity coma||Loss of speech|
|Permanent symptoms due to stroke||Muscular dystrophy|
|Heart valves treatment||Benign brain tumour|
|Bone marrow transplant||Third degree burns|
|Major organ transplant||Last stage liver failure|
|Motor neuron disease||Bacterial meningitis|
|Permanent limb paralysis||Medullary cystic disease|
|Aorta graft surgery||Systemic lupus erythematous|
|Loss of sight||Alzheimer’s disease|
|Deafness||Coronary artery disease|
|Primary pulmonary hypertension|
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans FAQs
1. What are the minimum and maximum participation ages of ManipalCigna health critical illness policy?
The lowest admission age under the policy is 18 years, while the maximum entry age is 65 years. Policy renewals will be accessible for the rest of the policyholder’s life.
2. What exactly is a healthcare second opinion in ManipalCigna health critical illness plans?
If a policyholder is diagnosed with any covered critical illness within the policy period, he or she has the option of obtaining an expert assessment from the company's huge network of healthcare practitioners. This feature is available to each insured individual once throughout the lifetime of ManipalCigna health critical illness insurance plans for a specific critical illness.
3. What are the ManipalCigna health insurance critical illness policy's permanent exclusions?
ManipalCigna will not cover any claims resulting from or related to the following:
- Any ailment that is not one of the critical illnesses covered under the policy.
- Any existing illnesses.
- Suicide or substance abuse.
- Any damage caused by childbirth or pregnancy.
The above information is only suggestive and not complete. For further information, please see the insurance plan terms and conditions.
4. What policy tenure choices are available for ManipalCigna Critical Illness Plans?
The insured individual can choose to have the policy renewed or issued for a tenure of 1, 2 or 3 years, and the 80D tax benefit would be issued on a pro-rata basis for the years.
5. Does ManipalCigna Critical Illness Plans also offer coverage for the entire family?
Individual and family coverage are both offered by ManipalCigna critical illness plans.
Recent ArticlesView All
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More