Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
ManipalCigna Health Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
ManipalCigna Health Insurance FAQs
1. What are pre and post-hospitalisation expenses in ManipalCigna health insurance?
Pre-hospitalization costs are medical bills paid before the covered person is admitted to the hospital. Post-hospitalization costs are those expenses that are incurred following the insured's release from the hospital.
2. How long does the reimbursement claims process takes at ManipalCigna?
Cigna Medicare will deliver your compensation after approving your claim for reimbursement, which might take up to 45 days.
3. How do I contact ManipalCigna health insurance?
You can contact ManipalCigna health insurance by calling its toll-free number at 1800-102-4462. Customers from outside of India can dial +91 22 4985 4100.
4. Can I track my ManipalCigna health insurance claim status online?
Yes. You need to visit the company website and open the claim section. From there, you can input your claim referral number and get an updated insurance claim status.
5. How can I locate my nearest ManipalCigna network hospital?
Network hospital is where the insurer has a tie-up for processing a cashless claim.
You can click here to get a list of all the hospitals in the ManipalCigna network. From there, you can decide which one is the nearest for you.
6. Can I get a group insurance plan for my company from ManipalCigna?
Yes. Manipal Cigna Health Insurance offers companies 5 different group insurance policies to choose from.
7. Does ManipalCigna health insurance cover COVID?
Yes. Manipal Cigna offers two different covid focused health insurance plans – Corona Kavach Policy and Corona Rakshak Policy.
8. Can I get health insurance coverage as a Non-Resident Indian?
Yes. Manipal Cigna offers insurance coverage to both resident and non-resident Indians.
9. How to buy ManipalCigna health insurance?
In order to buy ManipalCigna Health Insurance, you can either visit their online website and follow their application process, or you can visit Paytm Insurance and browse through multiple insurance policies available to you and apply for the one which best suits your needs.
10. Which documents do I need to submit to apply for health insurance?
To apply for a health insurance plan from Manipal Cigna, you need to submit the filled application form along with age, identity, income, address proof and recent medical reports.
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Renewal FAQs
1. Can I pay my renewal fee online?
Yes, you may make your ManipalCigna health insurance online payment by visiting the official website of the insurer. Alternatively, you can pay the same at the company’s branch offices.
2. What if I don't make my renewal payment by the expiration date of the ManipalCigna health insurance policy?
We advise paying the premium before the plan expiration date to continue enjoying the advantages. In the event of unforeseen situations, a 30-day grace period is provided to settle the premium; nevertheless, policy benefits are suspended during this time.
3. How do I use the health reward points while renewing my policy?
You can use your health reward points when paying your ManipalCigna health insurance renewal fee online. You may also use the reward tokens to claim for health maintenance.
4. Will I lose my accumulated bonus if I port my existing health plan to ManipalCigna on renewal?
No. You keep the accumulated bonus on your policies if you use the portability benefit during policy renewal. However, to ensure a smooth transition, you must submit your porting request at least 45 days before your policy renewal.
5. Can I add my newborn child to my family floater plan on renewal?
Yes. During policy renewal, you have the chance to add multiple family members to your ongoing ManipalCigna health insurance plan.
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Claim Settlement FAQs
1. How long is the time limit for settling a claim in ManipalCigna?
In general, the firm responds to claims within 7 working days of receiving the last 'required' document. However, in some circumstances, the deadlines are extended. These should take no longer than 30 days.
2. What are the causes for the claim amount being reduced?
The amount of the claim can be reduced for any of the following reasons:
- Non-Medical costs such as phone bills, refreshments, and so forth are not reimbursable
- Absence of valid documents or prescriptions
- Exhaustion of the insured sum
- Exceeding the defined sub-limits
- If a co-payment is required
- Cost limits for any given treatment or benefit
- Authentic reports/bills are no longer available
- Expenses for any studies or therapy that are unrelated to the condition for which the patient is hospitalisedease or accident that happens during a policy year.
This information is only illustrative and may differ depending on your coverage plan.
3. Will my ManipalCigna claim be approved if I fail to submit it on time?
In some cases, yes. Generally, the completed claim form and paperwork must be submitted to the firm within the specified timeframes. If the deadline is missed, but the policyholder can demonstrate that the lag was legitimate and unavoidable, accompanied with evidence, the claim will be approved.
4. Is there any inquiry that takes place after the ManipalCigna claim is filed?
For cashless claims, the hospital resolves all queries, so there isn’t any further enquiry. However, for reimbursement claims, the insurer can choose to enquire about the claim if there is any suspicion regarding the legitimacy of the claim. So, to avoid all confusion, you need to submit all relevant documents and claim only if the same is legitimate.
5. What are the most prevalent reasons for ManipalCigna claim rejection?
The following are the most prevalent reasons for claim rejection:
- If the claim is raised within the waiting period for the policy.
- If there is an exclusion for pre-existing illness and a claim is raised for the same.
- If there has been a non-disclosure or misrepresentation of material facts regarding any pre-existing ailment, diagnosis, or treatment for the same.
- If you violate the terms and conditions of the policy as defined in the policy document.
- If all documents are not provided on time, or there has been a delay in the claim intimation.
- If there has been a sub-limit or an exclusion for any particular ailment.
In fact, there could be multiple reasons for the rejection of a claim. But if you follow the process to the tee and submit all relevant documents, your claim will be cleared on time without delay.
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Policy Download FAQs
1. Whom do I contact if I need to download the ManipalCigna health insurance policy document?
Usually, the original policy document of ManipalCigna would be sent to your registered email id. Alternatively, you can access the ManipalCigna health policy download on the company's website. Alternatively, you may contact customer care at 1800-102-4462 for additional assistance.
2. What is the passcode for accessing the ManipalCigna insurance policy?
For increased protection, all policy documents are passcode secured. Your passcode is your birthday in the format DDMMYYYYY.
3. What is an insurance policy document?
The insurance policy can be defined as a contract (usually a standard form agreement) between the insurance company and the policyholder specifying the claims the company is legally obligated to pay. The insurer offers to pay for damage caused by risks covered by the policy wording in return for an upfront contribution known as a premium. You can get the ManipalCigna health policy download online.
4. What are the five components of a health insurance policy of ManipalCigna?
Insurance declarations, insuring agreements, meanings, exclusions, and conditions are the five sections of any insurance policy. Many policies have a sixth component: endorsements.
5. What exactly is an insurance policy note of ManipalCigna?
An insurance policy note is a document produced by an insurance firm that serves as proof of insurance coverage until an insurance policy is produced. A policy document takes time to produce for an insurance firm. You can get the ManipalCigna health policy copy download process from the company’s online website.
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Benefits FAQs
1. What is the distinction between in-patient treatment and outpatient care?
In-patient treatment occurs when an individual is hospitalised and stays in the facility for 24 hours or more just for treatment.
Outpatient care occurs when an insured person attends a clinic, hospital or any consultation session for treatment or diagnosis based on a medical practitioner's recommendation. The individual is not admitted to the hospital during an out-patient therapy.
2. What are the Manipal Cigna health insurance policy exclusions?
Diseases and expenditures originating from or due to any of the below situations will not be covered under Manipal Cigna health insurance policies.
- Research and evaluation.
- Restorative medicine, rehabilitation, and respite care.
- Treatments for Gender Change.
- Plastic or cosmetic surgery.
- Therapy for alcoholism, drugs or substance misuse, or other addictive illness and the repercussions thereof.
- Hazardous sports.
- Expenses for corrective eye surgery owing to refractive defects of fewer than 7.5 diopters.
The above information is only suggestive and not complete. For the full list, please see the policy wording.
3. How do you get a free annual health check-up from the Manipal Cigna health insurance plan benefits list?
For insured who have reached the age of 18, a full healthcare check with the company's network provider is available once a year, beginning with the first year of the Manipal Cigna protect and advantage policies. And every third year on the active policies. You may, however, visit a service provider out of the company's network and have a medical screening of your choice for up to the given restrictions based on the sum insured you have selected.
It is important to note that the Active plan's health check-up benefit is available only if the wellness benefit of the policy is not selected.
4. Do all plans of Manipal Cigna offer tax benefits?
Yes. The tax benefit is available for all health insurance plans offered by Manipal Cigna. Premiums paid under the health insurance policy are tax deductible under Section 80D of the IT Act and any changes thereto.
5. What are Manipal Cigna health insurance plans' minimum and maximum entry ages to avail the benefits?
Adults must be at least 18 years old and no older than 95 years old to enter. Dependent children are eligible from day 1 to the age of 25.
ManipalCigna Health Network Hospitals FAQs
1. Where can I find a ManipalCigna health insurance hospital list near me?
You can visit the website to find the ManipalCigna health network hospital list.
2. What exactly is a TPA or Third-party Administrator?
A Third-party Administrator or TPA is a specialist healthcare service provider licenced by the IRDAI, i.e. Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority of India. They are a corporation that handles health insurance disputes in favour of an insurance provider.
3. Is there any inquiry that takes place after the ManipalCigna claim is received?
Yes, the company may investigate accusations at their discretion to determine the authenticity of a claim.
4. How does one go about obtaining the authorization letter for admission in a network hospital of ManipalCigna?
You can simply download the ManipalCigna Cashless Hospitalisation pre-authorisation form online. The same can also be obtained from the hospital's TPA desk.
5. What proof of identification do I need to bring with me to the network hospital to avail of the ManipalCigna cashless claim?
You must bring valid picture identification evidence as well as the health card provided by the insurance company at the time of admission to avail cashless claim at any of the network hospitals of ManipalCigna.
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Premium Calculator FAQs
1. What happens if I forget to pay my monthly premium on time for ManipalCigna?
ManipalCigna offers a grace time during which you can renew your coverage. The insurance will expire if you do not pay the premium during the grace term.
2. How to reduce my premium amount for ManipalCigna?
Here are the tips to reduce your premium amount:
- Start early
- Longer period tenure
- Avoid unnecessary riders
- Choose an annual premium amount
- Keep yourself fit
3. Why should I use the ManipalCigna online premium calculator?
A premium calculator is simple, especially the ManipalCigna health insurance calculator. It saves significant time and work. There are no tangible papers required to obtain premium quotations. One may acquire premium quotations for various plans in two minutes by inputting a few basic facts such as yearly income, identity, date of birth, and so on. Individuals can purchase insurance policies online without the assistance of agents if they make an educated decision.
4. Can I check the available premium payment options in the ManipalCigna health insurance calculator?
The premium payment options for ManipalCigna health insurance include single, half-yearly, quarterly, and monthly. The premium payment type may only be chosen at the start of the plan or when it is renewed. Premium loading will be added to the half-yearly, quarterly, as well as monthly premium modes.
So, yes, you can check all the premium payment options in the ManipalCigna health insurance calculator.
5. After calculating my premium on the ManipalCigna health policy calculator, how do I make a payment?
You can make a payment to buy any of the ManipalCigna health insurance plans by paying online through debit or credit card, UPI, net banking, etc.
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Top Up Plans FAQs
1. Do I require medical insurance coverage to choose the super top up policy?
No, you do not have to. You can still buy a ManipalCigna health insurance super top up plan if you don't own health coverage. In this instance, however, you will have to pay the charges out of your pocket until you reach your deductible threshold and the ManipalCigna super top up sum cover kicks in. As a result, while basic health insurance is recommended, it is not required.
2. Is AYUSH coverage included in this policy?
Yes, AYUSH includes in-patient treatment for a disease or accident that happens during a policy year.
3. Is a co-pay required under this policy?
No, the ManipalCigna health top up policy covers all eligible hospitalised expenditures in excess of the deductible. When the deductible maximum is reached and the top up insurance kicks in, no more co-pays are required during claim settlement.
4. Are post-hospitalisation expenses covered under ManipalCigna super top up plans?
Yes, ManipalCigna super top up plans offer post-hospitalisation expense coverage for 90 days after discharge.
5. Can I terminate my ManipalCigna health top up policy at any time?
Requests for cancellation must be sent to ManipalCigna by providing the insurer a 15-day notice. If no claims have been filed under the policy, will the premium be returned on a short-term basis.
6. Can I get a group insurance plan for my company from ManipalCigna?
Yes. ManipalCigna Health Insurance offers companies 5 different group insurance policies to choose from.
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans FAQs
1. What are the minimum and maximum participation ages of ManipalCigna health critical illness policy?
The lowest admission age under the policy is 18 years, while the maximum entry age is 65 years. Policy renewals will be accessible for the rest of the policyholder’s life.
2. What exactly is a healthcare second opinion in ManipalCigna health critical illness plans?
If a policyholder is diagnosed with any covered critical illness within the policy period, he or she has the option of obtaining an expert assessment from the company's huge network of healthcare practitioners. This feature is available to each insured individual once throughout the lifetime of ManipalCigna health critical illness insurance plans for a specific critical illness.
3. What are the ManipalCigna health insurance critical illness policy's permanent exclusions?
ManipalCigna will not cover any claims resulting from or related to the following:
- Any ailment that is not one of the critical illnesses covered under the policy.
- Any existing illnesses.
- Suicide or substance abuse.
- Any damage caused by childbirth or pregnancy.
The above information is only suggestive and not complete. For further information, please see the insurance plan terms and conditions.
4. What policy tenure choices are available for ManipalCigna Critical Illness Plans?
The insured individual can choose to have the policy renewed or issued for a tenure of 1, 2 or 3 years, and the 80D tax benefit would be issued on a pro-rata basis for the years.
5. Does ManipalCigna Critical Illness Plans also offer coverage for the entire family?
Individual and family coverage are both offered by ManipalCigna critical illness plans.
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
Measures for Preventing Cancer
By choosing healthy lifestyle habits, you can reduce your risk of developing some common types of cancer. Lear...Read More
Understanding Free Health Check-up Coverage of Your Health I...
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Let’s Scan Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Plan
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
Star Health Insurance Family Health Optima Policy
Star Family Health Optima Health Insurance Policy provides extensive coverage for the entire family under a si...Read More
Vitamins and Minerals That Boost Metabolism
Leaner people are associated with a high basal metabolic rate. However, Vitamin B and D, and minerals such as ...Read More
Different Types of Health Insurance Policies Offered in Indi...
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Healthy Foods That Protect Your Liver
The liver is the body's detoxification system that filters out toxins and is responsible for numerous vital fu...Read More
Understanding the Types and Treatments of Diabetes
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More
Manage Anxiety Easily with These Tips
The constant feeling of something going wrong can wreak havoc on one’s mind and affect daily tasks. However, h...Read More