Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
SBI Health Insurance Benefits
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
SBI General Insurance Company Limited provides a wide variety of general insurance products, including health, home, travel, vehicle, and personal accident. One of the insurer's most exciting offerings is health insurance. SBI health insurance benefits include covering individuals and their families against a variety of medical expenditures that may arise from an accident, illness, or disease. People can afford and use SBI Health Insurance policies. The following are some benefits of SBI health insurance:
SBI Health Insurance Benefits
In the insurance industry, SBI General Insurance has experienced tremendous growth. In terms of benefits, the insurer's health insurance policies are good. SBI health insurance benefits include protection against pre-hospitalization costs, post-hospitalization costs, inpatient treatment costs, daycare treatment costs, and numerous other health expenses that are worthwhile financial investments, whether they are for individuals or families. The following are the benefits of SBI health insurance plans:
Here are the regular benefits of SBI Health Insurance:
1. Hospitalization Cost Coverage
SBI health insurance protects you and your household from paying medical bills incurred due to admission to the hospital to address an illness or receive accidental injuries. The cost of medical care might deplete your resources at an uncontrollable rate, trapping you in debt. You must get a complete health insurance plan for your entire family to prevent such circumstances.
2. Pre-and Post Hospitalization Coverage
In certain health insurance policies, SBI health insurance plan benefits also cover pre- and post-hospitalization costs. This not only offers policyholders financial support during the primary treatment portion of their hospital stay but also covers their consultation, diagnostics and other associated costs.
3. Cashless Facility
Policyholders can be hospitalised in any of the insurer's network hospitals for the cashless benefit of SBI health insurance. Up to the covered amount, the insurance immediately pays the hospital. This benefit saves lives and ensures financial constraints do not interfere with the delivery of care.
4. Preventive Medicine
The provision of free health check-ups upon no claims only adds to the benefits of SBI health insurance. This enables the policyholder to actively monitor their health conditions, identify any problems early, and obtain prompt treatment.
5. Treatment Options
In conjunction with allopathic medication, many health insurance policies now cover costs associated with complementary therapies like Ayurveda and Homeopathy. This gives policyholders greater freedom and alternatives regarding the type of medical care they wish to have as per their preferences.
6. Tax Benefits
SBI Health insurance plan premiums can let you gain tax exemptions under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, allowing policyholders to pay less tax on their income. Up to INR 25,000 of premium paid for oneself, one's spouse, and one's children is deductible, with an extra INR 25,000 deduction permitted for parents' coverage. The exemption rises to Rs 50,000 if parents are elderly citizens, defined as those who are 60 years of age or older.
The Bottom Line
The expense of healthcare is rapidly increasing. Due to this, purchasing health insurance is now very important. Looking through the benefits of your chosen coverage is essential in the long term. Knowing all the perks given to you by SBI health insurance comes in handy during a time of distress.
SBI Health Insurance Benefits FAQs
1. What are the inclusions of SBI Health Insurance?
The term "inclusions" describes the kinds of costs that are covered by your health insurance policy and for which it would compensate you. The following costs are covered under SBI Health insurance plan benefits:
- Costs related to a hospital stay lasting at least 24 hours, as well as pre-and post-hospitalization costs according to the appropriate time frame and policy guidelines.
- 141 daycare operations' medical expenditures.
- Hospitalisation costs associated with AYUSH care.
- Fees for doctors, surgeons, anesthesiologists, consultants, and specialists.
- Anaesthesia, blood, oxygen, operating room costs, surgical equipment, medications and supplies, diagnostic costs and X-rays, dialysis, chemotherapy, radiation, pacemaker cost, prosthesis/internal implants, and any other medical costs incurred that are a necessary component of the procedure.
- Costs associated with treating cataracts.
- Ambulance costs are limited to a total of INR 2,000 for each hospitalisation.
- Costs associated with dental care and plastic surgery that were required as a result of illness or accident.
2. Is AYUSH coverage included in this policy?
Exclusions are the costs SBI health insurance plans won’t cover. Before submitting a claim, it's crucial to make a note of exclusions to prevent misunderstanding later. The following expenditures don’t form part of SBI General health insurance plan benefits:
- Treatment for illnesses discovered during the first 30 days following insurance acquisition.
- Restorative care, rehab, and respite care.
- Obesity and weight management in specific situations
- Methods for changing gender.
- Plastic or cosmetic surgery unless necessary owing to illness or injury.
- Injury brought on by risky or adventurous sports.
- Breaking the law.
- Alcoholism, drug addiction, or substance misuse.
- Dietary and over-the-counter supplements unless they are recommended by a doctor as part of admission, claim, or childcare process.
- Refractive mistake
- Experimental or unproven methods
- Infertility and sterility
- War and scenarios like war
- Rehabilitation outside India
3. In terms of SBI health insurance, what do you mean by pre-existing conditions?
Pre-existing illnesses are ailments a policy applicant may have had before acquiring the coverage. These include things like blood pressure, sugar, and diabetes. Depending on the insurance acquired, you may need to wait 2 to 4 years before certain pre-existing conditions are covered.
4. Are post-hospitalisation expenses covered under ManipalCigna super top up plans?
Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy are together referred to as AYUSH. Policyholders of SBI health insurance can receive reimbursement for their inpatient Ayurvedic, Yoga and Naturopathic, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathic treatments under the Ayush treatment benefit. A division of the federal government is AYUSH. Health insurance customers have been clamouring for Ayush treatment coverage since IRDAI urged them to offer alternative treatment coverage in 2012–2013.
5. What are the policy terms available under SBI General Insurance policies?
The majority of SBI General Insurance's health insurance policies have a duration of one, two, or three years.
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
Measures for Preventing Cancer
By choosing healthy lifestyle habits, you can reduce your risk of developing some common types of cancer. Lear...Read More
Understanding Free Health Check-up Coverage of Your Health I...
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Let’s Scan Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Plan
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
Star Health Insurance Family Health Optima Policy
Star Family Health Optima Health Insurance Policy provides extensive coverage for the entire family under a si...Read More
Vitamins and Minerals That Boost Metabolism
Leaner people are associated with a high basal metabolic rate. However, Vitamin B and D, and minerals such as ...Read More
Different Types of Health Insurance Policies Offered in Indi...
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Healthy Foods That Protect Your Liver
The liver is the body's detoxification system that filters out toxins and is responsible for numerous vital fu...Read More
Understanding the Types and Treatments of Diabetes
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More
Manage Anxiety Easily with These Tips
The constant feeling of something going wrong can wreak havoc on one’s mind and affect daily tasks. However, h...Read More