Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
HDFC ERGO my: Health Women Suraksha Health Insurance
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
Over the past few years, the social set-up has seen a lot of changes. A major reason for this change has been the paradigm shift in the role of women. Today, a woman not only manages her family, but she is also a professional. Though you always find her taking care of everyone’s health, it is commonly seen that she often puts her own well being in the back seat.
There is no denying that women are the backbone of every household. It becomes the responsibility of each family member to see that the women of the house are covered against all kinds of illnesses and injuries.
HDFC Ergo has made a name for itself in the Indian health insurance industry. They also have quite a few health insurance plans exclusively for women. One such plan is my: health Women Suraksha.
Best Features of HDFC Ergo my: health Women Suraksha Plan
- An all-inclusive health insurance policy catering exclusively to women
- Sum insured can range from INR 3 lakhs to INR 24 lakhs
- You can select a policy term up to 3 years
- Attractive discounts are offered under the plan
- Pay a premium as per your convenience- monthly/ quarterly/ half-yearly/ yearly
- You can cover all the female family members under a single policy
- Covers women-specific illnesses and surgeries
- Multiple plans are offered under my: health Women Suraksha Plan
- Covers pregnancy and newborn baby
- From your granddaughter to your grandmother, you can cover 9 relations including yourself, in this policy
Benefits of HDFC Ergo my: health Women Suraksha Plan
- Wide Coverage
Get the following coverage:
- Cancer Cover
- Major Illness
- Surgical Procedure
- Cardiac Ailment and Procedures
- Critical Illnesses
- Assault and burn injuries
- Sum Insured Options
HDFC Ergo my: health Women Suraksha Plan offers you a lot of choice in the sum insured that you select. It ranges from INR 3 lakhs to INR 24 lakhs. You can select the one that suits your insurance needs as well as your budget.
- Multiple Plans
You can opt for:
- Women Cancer Plus Plan
- Women CI Essential Plan
- Women CI Comprehensive Plan
- Relationships Covered
You can cover yourself, your dependent daughter, dependent mother, daughter-in-law, sister, sister-in-law, niece, grandmother and granddaughter.
- Second Medical Opinion
Under post-diagnosis support, you can avail the facility of a second medical opinion.
- Additional Features
You can further enhance the coverage of your plan by opting for optional covers such as:
- Pregnancy complications
- Newborn complications
- Loss of job/income
- Post diagnosis support
- Reduced Premium Benefit
In case you are diagnosed with any covered minor condition, you will be eligible for a 50% waive-off on the annual premium on renewal of 5 policy years.
- Policy Period
The policy tenure can also be as per your convenience, select a policy term of 1 year, 2 years or 3 years.
- Wellness Benefits
With my: health Women Suraksha Plan, you can get access to my: Health Active App, and avail various benefits, discounts and other health incentives.
- Health Check-ups
You will be eligible for a preventive health-checkup at the time of policy renewal.
Plan Details of HDFC Ergo my: Health Women Suraksha Plan
|Entry Age||18 years to 65 years|
18 years to 40 years (optional Pregnancy & New-born Complications cover)
|Tenure of Policy||1 year/ 2 years/ 3 years|
|Sum Insured||INR 3 lakhs to INR 24 lakhs|
|Pre-existing Disease Waiting Period||4 years|
- Waiting Period
The waiting period is applicable as follows:
- From 90 to 180 days as per the specified diseases in your particular policy
- 1 year waiting period for pregnancy and newborn issues
- 4 years for all pre-existing conditions
- The plan also comes with a 7-day survival period
- Free Look Period
The insured person is allowed a 15 day free-look period at the inception of the policy. You can review the terms and conditions of the policy, and if you do not feel completely satisfied with the policy, you can return it to the company. The health insurance premium paid by you will be refunded after deducting the expenses incurred by the company.
What is not Covered in HDFC Ergo my: health Women Suraksha Plan?
The following situations are not covered under my: health Women Suraksha Plan:
- Injuries due to participation in adventure sports
- Injuries that are self-inflicted/ suicide attempt
- Injuries caused due to war/ war-like situations/ revolution
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Cosmetic surgeries/ weight loss procedures
These are the most common exclusions, for a more detailed list, kindly refer to the policy document.
Renewal Process of HDFC Ergo my: health Women Suraksha Plan
Renewing my: health Women Suraksha Plan on time is very important as it helps you enjoy the policy benefits without a break. You can renew the policy in the following ways:
- Visit the company website and go to “Renewal”
- Give a missed call on 1800 315 7272 and get guidance from an executive
- You can call on 022 6234 6234 / 0120 6234 6234 for an instant renewal
- Send a Cheque or Demand Draft in favour of ‘HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd’ to the Customer service office
- Visit the nearest branch office and renew the policy offline
- Get in touch with an authorised insurance agent
Claim Process of HDFC Ergo my: Health Women Suraksha Plan
When you need to file a claim, see to it that you follow all the company-issued guidelines carefully so that the process of health insurance claim settlement can be smooth and quick. Also, make sure that you notify the company well in time when a claim is being raised.
- Before 48 hours in case of a planned hospitalisation
- Within 24 hours in case of emergency hospitalisation
When a cashless health insurance claim is to be made, you must seek treatment in a network hospital. For this, you need to get a pre-authorisation. Send an email to email@example.com to get the approval. Once at the hospital, present this form and your Health Card at the hospital Help Desk. The executives will help you with a cashless settlement.
In case of reimbursement, you need to register your claim in any of the given ways. After your treatment, you need to send the required documents (listed below) to:
HDFC ERGO General Insurance company Ltd,
5th floor, Tower 1, Stellar IT Park, C-25, Sector-62,
Noida, UP, India - 201301
Submit the following documents in case of a claim:
- Valid Photo ID document
- KYC documents
- Claim Form
- Health Card or Policy Papers
- Doctor’s prescription advising hospitalisation
- All investigations, tests, medicines, consultations etc
- Treatment-related bills and receipts
- Discharge Summary
- Bill of Ambulance Service, if any
- Medico-Legal Certificate or an FIR in case of an accidental injury
- Bank Account details, cancelled cheque
HDFC Ergo Health Insurance - Policy Network Hospitals
A healthcare centre or a hospital that has a collaboration with HDFC Ergo is called a network hospital. In these hospitals, you can get cashless treatment. HDFC Ergo has a network of 10,000 well-renowned hospitals which means that expert healthcare is never far. God forbid, if you are ever in a medical emergency, you need not run around managing funds for your treatment. The bill will be settled by HDFC Ergo. A big benefit of a network hospital is that there is hardly any paperwork that is required. The procedures are carried out by the company representatives and the final bill is cleared by the company directly. This saves you a lot of time and effort, and thus makes the claim process smooth and quick.
Review of HDFC Ergo my: Health Women Suraksha Plan
When you think of fulfilling your and your family health insurance needs, you would want to select a plan that offers wide coverage and comes with a variety of benefits. In a time when there are so many risks to a woman’s health, HDFC Ergo my: health Women Suraksha Plan benefits the women in every possible way. Designed exclusively for the woman who looks beyond her own needs and worries about everyone else, my: health Women Suraksha Plan is a great plan that offers comprehensive coverage to women-specific diseases and surgeries.
HDFC Ergo Health Insurance - Customer Care Details
HDFC ERGO my: Health Women Suraksha FAQs
1. Why do I need an HDFC Ergo health card?
Your health card is an ID Card of your health insurance policy. When you go to seek treatment at a network hospital, you have the facility to avail cashless treatment. For this, you need to submit your health card at the Hospital Help Desk.
2. What discounts can I avail of under my: health Women Suraksha Plan?
You can avail of the following discounts:
- When you opt for a policy term of 2 or 3 years, you can get a discount of 7.5% and 12.5% discount respectively
- 10% discount when 2 or more members are insured under individual Sum Insured
- 10% discount to employees of HDFC Ergo group companies
- 2.5% loyalty discount if you have more than 1 active policies
- You can also get multiple discounts with my: Health Active App
3. How many members/ relationships can I cover under my: health Women Suraksha Plan?
Under this plan, including yourself, you can cover 9 relationships. This includes your dependent daughter, dependent mother, daughter-in-law, sister, sister-in-law, niece, grandmother and granddaughter.
4. What is the meaning of grace period? Can I make a claim during this period?
When my: health Women Suraksha Plan reaches its expiry date, the grace period begins. This 30-day period is given to you to renew the policy. Once this period is over, your policy will terminate. You would neither be able to avail of any benefits or make a claim.
5. Are pregnancy-related expenses covered in my: health Women Suraksha Plan?
my: health Women Suraksha Plan does not cover pregnancy, however, you can opt for an optional cover by paying an extra premium to add Pregnancy and New-born baby complications to your plan.
6. Can I avail tax-benefits under my: health Women Suraksha Plan?
Yes, the premium that you pay towards my: health Women Suraksha Plan, is tax-exempted and can be claimed under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Recent ArticlesView All
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More