Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
Star Health and Allied Insurance Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
Brief Overview: Star Health and Allied Insurance Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan
COVID-19 has brought the world to a stand-still. This disease has affected just about everyone on the earth. While influencing every aspect of life, it has also made us realise that being prepared for a disaster is the safest way to fight it. It has also given a chance to everyone to reflect on how valuable it is to be healthy. COVID-19 has also given people an opportunity to look after their family members, particularly the seniors who along with children are the most vulnerable to the lethal disease.
As one grows old, life brings with it a higher risk of falling prey to health issues. Today there is an unabated increase in the cost of healthcare facilities. Being able to afford quality treatment in a good hospital may not be possible for the common man. Having a suitable health insurance plan would not only assist you in avoiding a financial setback but also give you a sense of security that in case of medical urgency, you have the safety of health insurance.
Investing in a suitable health insurance plan for seniors is a very prudent step. There are various health insurers that offer specific plans for senior citizens and the Star Health and Allied Insurance Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan is a popular plan.
Established in the year 2006, Star Health & Allied Insurance Company Limited is India’s first standalone health insurance company. The company has offered exceptional insurance services in various sectors especially health insurance. Star Health and Allied Insurance Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan is a custom-made plan for people who are above 60 years of age and covers common health problems faced by them including day-care procedures, accidental hospitalisation, medical check-up etc.
Best Features of Star Health and Allied Insurance Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan
- A comprehensive yet affordable plan for senior citizens between 60 years to 75 years
- No pre-policy medical screening required before buying the plan
- Pre-existing diseases are covered from 2nd year onwards
- Sum Insured options of INR 15 lakhs, INR 20 lakhs and INR 25 lakhs, depending on the kind of plan that has been opted for
- All Daycare procedures are covered
- Premium can be paid on a Monthly, Quarterly, Half-yearly or Yearly basis
- The policy will cover ambulance charges up to specified limits
- Invest in a Policy Term of your choice-1 year/ 2 years/ 3 years
Benefits of Star Health and Allied Insurance Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan
- In-Patient Benefits
When the insured is admitted to a hospital for over 24 hours, the policy would cover
- Room rent, boarding and nursing
- Fees of the Surgeon, Consultants, Specialists and Anesthetist
- Blood, oxygen, anaesthesia, cost of pace makes, OT charges, drugs and medicines
- Modern Treatments
- ICU charges
The medical expenses made up to 30 days prior to the date of hospitalisation are covered under the Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan.
- Post Hospitalisation
Even after the discharges, the expenses may not stop. The plan covers 7% of the treatment-related expenses up to INR 10,000, depending on the sum insured selected by you.
- Wide Range of Cover
When you buy the policy on an Individual basis, you can opt sum insured from INR 1 lakh to INR 7.5 lakhs. In the case of a family floater policy, the sum insured ranges from INR 10 lakhs to INR 25 lakhs.
- Pre-Policy Medical Screening
The senior citizen does not have to undergo a medical test to buy the policy. However, if medical records are submitted, you can get a 10% discount on the premium.
- Instalment Facility
You can pay the premium on a monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, yearly, biennial and triennial basis also.
- Avail Cashless Hospitalisation
In the Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan, you can seek Cashless Treatment at a network hospital.
- Out-Patient Consultation
Depending upon the sum insured option, you will be eligible for coverage on medical consultations as an Out-Patient incurred in a network hospital.
- Ambulance Charges
The charges that are incurred for transporting the insured member to the hospital in case of an emergency would be covered up to the given limits.
- Health Check-Ups
A health check-up up to a specified limit is arranged at a network hospital after a claim-free year.
- Tax Benefits
The premium that you pay is eligible for a tax deduction under the Income Tax Act, 1961 Section 80D.
Plan Details of Star Health and Allied Insurance Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan
|Entry Age||60 years to 75 years|
|Tenure of Policy||Invest in a Policy Term of your choice-|
|Type of Policy||Individual and Family Floater Basis|
Individual: INR 1 lakh to INR 25 lakhs
Family Floater: INR 10 lakhs to INR 25 lakhs
- All treatments, other than when required for an accidental injury, have a 30-day waiting period is applicable, starting from the policy inception
- There is a 24-month waiting period applicable on specific procedures/ diseases
- In the case of pre-existing diseases, the waiting period is 12 months
Free Look Period
After the purchase of the policy, if you feel unsatisfied with the terms and conditions of the policy, you have a time of 15 days to cancel the policy. If you have not made any claim during this period, you will get a refund of the premium that you paid after a deduction of the expenses for the pre-policy medical check-ups, stamp duties and a proportionate amount as the risk premium.
What is not Covered in Star Health and Allied Insurance Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan?
Just like all other health insurance plans, there are certain situations that are not covered under the Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan. These are called exclusions and are as follows:
- Custodial care that is at home or in a nursing facility for personal care
- Weight control programmes
- Treatments required for gender change
- Participation in adventure sports
- Participation in malicious or criminal activities
- Maternity-related treatments are not covered
Renewal Process of Star Health and Allied Insurance Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan
When you buy any health insurance policy, it is very important that you keep renewing it regularly and on time. By doing so you would ensure that you remain covered and also take benefit of break-free insurance. At the time of renewal, remember the following points-
- If you do not renew your policy, once it reaches the expiry date it would enter a 30-day grace period
- If no premium is received in these 30 days, the policy will terminate automatically
- Register a request and pay the renewal amount on or before the date of expiry
- Claim during the grace period would not be covered
There are 2 ways in which you can renew your Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan
- Online Method
To renew your health insurance policy online visit the company website and click ‘Renewals’. Or you can click https://www.starhealth.in/customerportal/instant-renewal and go to the page directly. Enter the required details. Pay the due amount.
The policy can also be renewed in a similar way through an insurance aggregator website.
- Offline Method
If you want to pay your premium offline, you can visit a branch office or renew the policy through an authorised insurance agent.
Claim Process - Star Health & Allied Insurance Company
Star Health follows a hassle-free and customer-centric claim process. All the claims are taken care of promptly. Make sure that you follow all the guidelines carefully and help the process.
When your doctor prescribes hospitalisation, make sure you notify the company as early as possible.
- In the case of planned hospital admission- Inform the company 24 hours prior
- In an emergency- Within 24 hours
To make the notification, you can
- Call the customer care at 1800 425 2255 / 1800 102 4477
- E-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Send a fax to 044-28260062
The claim procedures have been explained below:
- Cashless Claim
When you get admitted into a network hospital, you would be eligible for cashless treatment. Network hospitals have a collaboration with the company and the bills are settled directly by the company. To locate a network hospital near you, click: https://spp.starhealth.in/#/
At the hospital help desk, you would have to show your Health Card. You would have to submit the pre-authorization form. After verification of the documents, your treatment will start. Post-treatment the bill will be settled by the company. Remember, that the expenses only up to the sum insured would be covered, you would have to pay for the non-covered expenses on your own.
- Reimbursement Claim
If you take the treatment in a non-network hospital, you would still be eligible to make a claim. After the treatment, you would have to pay your bill yourself.
Post the discharge, you would have to submit all the treatment-related documents to the company. Once the paperwork is authenticated, the company will reimburse the expenses.
Make sure that you intimate the company about the treatment on time. Submit the claim form and all required documents within 15 days of discharge. Once the verification is complete, you will be reimbursed with the claim amount, in your savings account. Keep in mind:
- The expenses would be covered according to the sum insured
- You would have to pay for the non-covered expenses on your own
The following documents may be asked for at the time of making a claim:
- Valid Photo ID Card
- Duly filled and signed Claim Form
- A Medico-Legal Certificate or FIR in case of an accidental injury
- Doctor’s referral letter that advises hospitalisation
- Doctor’s prescription of all tests, medicines and consultations
- Pathological and Diagnostic Test Reports
- Ambulance Receipt, if used
- Discharge Report
- All treatment-related bills and receipts
Star Health and Allied Insurance - Cashless Hospital Network
A network hospital is a hospital or a healthcare centre or a medical clinic that has a collaboration with the health insurance company and provides cashless treatment to the policyholders. The list of network hospitals is available on the company website. Star Health and Allied Insurance Company have a network of over 9900 hospitals, and thus you would never be far away from receiving high-class treatment, no matter in which corner of the country you are in. When you are at a network hospital, the company handles the bills, so rather than stressing about the cost and the paperwork, you can focus on the treatment.
Review of Star Health and Allied Insurance Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan
Star Health & Allied Insurance Company Limited is one of the leading insurance companies in India. With its presence in over 640 branches throughout the country, the company has a strong network. The insurance plans and products launched by the company are uncomplicated and quite economical.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan is an affordable and easy-to-understand health insurance plan that offers you a protective shield in your golden years. The medical problems that may come with age become a little more to manage. The policy comes with a lot of benefits and advantages.
Star Health & Allied Insurance Company Limited - Customer Care Details
Star Health and Allied Insurance Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan FAQs
1. How do I locate a network hospital?
Visit the website and go to Network Hospitals. Enter the city of your choice and the list of network hospitals would appear. Or click: https://spp.starhealth.in/#/ to reach the page directly.
2. My parents are retired and dependent on me, can I buy the Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan for them?
Yes, the Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan has been specially made keeping in mind the needs of the elderly. This plan is designed for older citizens for whom you may not be able to avail coverage under regular health plans.
3. If I buy the Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan for my parents would I be able to avail any tax benefits?
- Yes, when you pay a health insurance premium, you can avail yourself of tax benefits.
Scenario Policyholder, spouse, 2 children, under 10 Parents Total Deduction All family members under 60 years Up to INR 25,000 Up to INR 25,000 Up to INR 50,000 Parents above 60 Up to INR 25,000 Up to INR 50,000 Up to INR 75,000 Policyholder and Parents both over 60 Up to INR 50,000 Up to INR 50,000 Up toINR 1 lakh
4. Is there a co-payment clause in the Star Health and Allied Insurance Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan?
- For sum insured between INR 1 lakh to INR 10 lakhs, the co-payment is as follows:
- Pre Existing Diseases Claims: 50% of each and every admissible claim
- Non-Pre Existing Diseases Claims: 30% of each and every admissible claim
For sum insured between INR 15 lakhs to INR 25 lakhs, the co-payment is as follows:
- Pre Existing Diseases and Non-Pre Existing Diseases Claims: 30% of each and every admissible claim
- For sum insured between INR 1 lakh to INR 10 lakhs, the co-payment is as follows:
Recent ArticlesView All
Looking for 1 Crore Health Insurance Plan? Get complete details about why should you opt for health insurance ...Read More
Get complete information about how to save money with health insurance policies like coverage for hospitalisat...Read More
Maternity Health Insurance Plans - Get complete information about health insurance policies with maternity ben...Read More
View all details about health insurance necessity, things you must consider before purchasing a health insuran...Read More
Get complete information about millennial approach towards health insurance plans, major causes of millennial ...Read More