Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Pro Plan
Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Pro Plan is Unit-Linked Investment Plan (ULIP) that focuses on high returns along with providing life cover benefits. The plan offers a wide array of 11 different fund options to help you invest as per your preferred asset allocation. Alternatively, you can also choose to invest via an Enhanced SMART strategy under which your money is systematically transferred from a debt fund to an equity fund to help you invest in the volatile markets in a structured manner and avail the benefit of rupee cost averaging.
The plan rewards you for staying invested in it by way of loyalty additions from the end of the 11th policy year under the Regular Premium option and from the 6th year onwards under the Single Premium option till the end of the policy term. A maximum of 4 partial withdrawals are allowed under the plan during a policy year after the end of the lock-in period of the first 5 years to provide you liquidity in times of emergencies. You can also choose to switch within funds up to 12 times for free in a policy year.
Best Features of Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Pro Plan
Below-mentioned are the best features of Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Pro Plan:
- Fund Options- The plan offers 11 distinctive fund options to match different investment styles and risk appetites of different investors.
- Loyalty Additions- The plan provides additional fund units from the 6th or 11th policy year till the end of the policy term depending on the premium payment term chosen by you.
- Rider Benefits- You can extend the coverage of the plan with the help of 3 optional riders namely Waiver of Premium, Waiver of Premium Plus, Accidental Death, and Dismemberment Rider. All the 3 riders are available under Regular and Limited Pay Plans, however, with the Single Pay plans, only the Accidental Death and Dismemberment Rider is available.
- Fund Switching- The plan allows you to switch the fund options 12 times free of charge during a policy term.
- Top-up Option- You can choose to invest your additional earnings by way of a top-up premium anytime during the policy term except for the last 5 years of the plan. This option can be exercised as many as 4 times during a policy term.
- Portfolio Strategy Option- The plan offers 1 portfolio strategy option namely Enhanced Systematic Money Allocation & Regular Transfer (SMART). Under this strategy, you are required to choose 1 debt and 1 equity fund. Your entire annual/single premium is invested in the chosen debt-oriented fund from which the funds are systematically transferred on a monthly basis to the chosen equity-oriented fund to get the advantage of rupee-cost averaging.
Benefits of Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Pro Plan
Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Pro Plan offers the following benefits:
- Death Benefit
In case of unfortunate death of the life assured, the highest of the following is paid to the nominee as the death benefit -
- Sum Assured
- Fund value
- 105% of all the premiums paid till the date of death.
In addition to the above benefit, the highest of the following is also paid to the nominee -
- Approved Top-up Sum Assured
- Top-up Premium Fund Value
- 105% of the total Top-up premiums paid up to the date of death
2. Maturity Benefit
In case of survival of the life assured till the end of the policy term, total fund value along with the top-up premium fund value is paid as maturity benefit. After the payment of maturity benefit, the policy stands terminated.
3. Loyalty Additions
Additional units at the rate of 0.20% of the units in each of the funds for Regular Pay and at the rate of 0.35% for Single Premium Pay are added to the fund value starting from every 11th and 6th policy anniversary respectively till the end of the policy term.
Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Pro Plan Eligibility
Following are the eligibility conditions for becoming an investor under the plan -
Eligibility Criteria For Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Pro Plan
Minimum Age at Entry
Maximum Age at Entry
Minimum Age at Maturity
Maximum Age at Maturity
Premium Payment Term (PPT)
Limited Pay – 5 /7 and10 years
Regular/Limited Pay – 15 and 20 years
Premium Payment Frequency
Single, Annual, Semi-Annual, Quarterly, and Monthly
Minimum Premium Amount
Maximum Premium Amount
Minimum Basic Sum Assured
Maximum Sum Assured
Maximum Multiple of Annualised Premium
0 to 29 years
30 to 35 years
36 to 45 years
Higher of (Policy Term/2 or 15)
46 to 59 years
Higher of (Policy Term/2 or 10)
Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Pro Plan Fund Options
Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Pro Plan offers the following 11 fund options to invest your premiums:
Equity and Equity Debt Instruments Money Related Securities Market
Risk and Return Rating
Multi Cap Fund
India Consumption Fund
Top 50 Fund
Top 200 fund
Super Select Equity Fund
Large Cap Equity Fund
Whole Life Mid Cap
Whole Life Aggressive Growth Fund
Medium to High Risk
Whole Life Stable Growth Fund
Low to Medium Risk
Whole Life Income Fund
Whole Life Short-Term Fixed Income Fund
Alternatively, you can choose to invest under the plan via its Enhanced Enhanced Systematic Money Allocation & Regular Transfer (SMART) investment strategy.
Under this strategy, you are required to choose 2 funds, a debt-oriented fund, and an equity-oriented fund. The funds are systematically transferred on a monthly basis from the debt fund to the equity fund to protect you from market volatility and possible risks. Below is the table showing the available debt-oriented funds and equity-oriented funds available under this strategy:
Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Pro Plan Review
Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Pro Plan is an investment cum life insurance plan which provides market-linked returns along with the benefits of a life insurance cover. You can choose to invest in the plan yourself across 11 different fund options or via its Enhanced SMART investment strategy which allocates your money automatically in a systematic manner to keep your safeguarded against market volatilities.
The plan further maximises your investment value by providing loyalty additions. The plan takes care of your liquidity requirements with the help of up to 4 partial withdrawals which can be made free of cost anytime during the policy term after the end of the lock-in period. Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Pro Plan can be shortlisted by individuals looking for a ULIP with a variety of fund options, free fund switches, intelligent investment strategy, and a host of rider benefits.