Tata AIA Life Insurance
Tata AIA Life Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between Tata Sons Private Limited and AIA Group Limited. Tata AIA Life establishes the pre-eminent position of Tata in India and AIA’s presence as the largest, independent listed pan-Asia life insurance company in the world spanning over 18 markets in Asia Pacific Region. Tata AIA Life Insurance was licensed to operate in India on February 12, 2001. It commenced its operations on April 1, 2001. Tata AIA Life is one of the fastest-growing companies in the Life Insurance Sector.
Top Tata AIA Life Insurance Plans (2020)
Tata AIA Life Insurance offers various insurance solutions to suit variants needs of its customers. Here’s a look at the top life insurance plans offered by Tata AIA Life Insurance in different categories are:
- Tata AIA Life Insurance Term Plans
Term Insurance plans are protection oriented plans which helps you to create financial security for your family in your absence. Term plans are the best way to shield your family from the financial crisis in case of an unfortunate event. Tata AIA Life Insurance term plans offer four types of term insurance plans with the option of whole life coverage i.e. till 100 years of age. Some term plans of Tata AIA Life Insurance not only cover the risk of premature death but also provide a return of premiums paid on survival till the maturity of the policy.
Term Insurance Plans offered by Tata AIA Life Insurance are as follows:
|Product Name||Product Description|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Sampoorna Raksha||Sampoorna Raksha is a pure risk term plan that provides financial protection to your family. This plan offers life cover up to 85 years of age or option for whole life coverage i.e. till 100 years of age. Sampoorna Raksha also offers flexible premium paying term, lower rates of premium for females and standard rates of premium for non-smokers, optional riders, discounts for higher sum assured and tax benefits.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Sampoorna Raksha+||Sampoorna Raksha+ is a term plan that not only protects you from life’s uncertainties but also provides returns of the premiums paid on survival till the maturity of the plan. This plan offers the option for whole life coverage (till age 100 years). You have the option to opt to receive death benefit either in a lump sum on death or lump sum amount on death and monthly income for the next 10 years.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance iRaksha TROP||Tata AIA Life Insurance iRaksha TROP is a policy which provides you financial protection during the term of the plan and also returns the total premiums paid on survival at the maturity of the plan. Life cover option for up to 40 years or up to age 100 years is offered. The plan offers a discount on premium for opting high level of protection.|
|Tata AIA Life Maha Raksha Supreme||Maha Raksha Supreme is a pure risk plan which provides you with a wide range of choices to fulfil specific needs of financial protection of your family. Life cover under this plan is available up to 85 years or up to 100 years of age. The plan has an inbuilt pay-out accelerator benefit which advances 50% of the basic sum assured in the event of diagnosis of a terminal illness.|
2. Tata AIA Life Insurance Unit Linked Plans
Unit-Linked Insurance Plans are investment-oriented plans that offer you a combination of life insurance cover and benefit of capital appreciation. These plans help you in creating wealth to meet your long term financial goals in life such as child’s education, buying a home, child’s marriage, retirement planning, etc. Tata AIA Life Insurance Unit Linked plans offer regular loyalty additions to boost your investments and additional riders to enhance your coverage.
Unit-Linked Insurance plans offered by Tata AIA Life Insurance are as follows:
|Product Name||Product Description|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Maxima||Fortune Maxima is a whole of life insurance savings plan which allows you to maximise your corpus with the help of market-driven growth. The plan offers flexibility to choose from 11 fund options for enhanced investment opportunities. You also get the choice of Enhanced Systematic Money Allocation and Regular Transfer Investment Portfolio Strategy under this plan.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Pro||Fortune Pro is a unit-linked savings plan that helps your money to grow steadily over time along with providing life insurance protection. This plan offers the flexibility of policy duration which allows you to mould it for different financial requirements. You can also customise your plan with three additional riders. You get an option of settlement on maturity thus enabling you to receive the maturity amount either in a lump sum or in instalments over a period of time.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Wealth Maxima||Wealth Maxima is a unit-linked, whole of life insurance savings plan that maximizes your long term financial security and help you to fulfil your goals in life such as child’s education, retirement planning, etc. The plan offers flexibility to choose from 11 fund options for enhanced investment opportunities. You can also make partial withdrawals from the plan after five policy years to meet your financial needs.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Wealth Pro||Wealth Pro is a savings plan that grows your money to help you to fulfil your dreams and aspirations. You can choose the duration of your investment as well as the premium paying term of the plan. Regular loyalty additions, flexibility to choose from 11 fund options, option to customise your plan with additional riders, top-up facility and flexibility of partial withdrawals are the key advantages of this plan.|
3. Tata AIA Life Insurance Endowment plans
Endowment plans offer the dual benefit of wealth creation and life insurance protection. These plans help you to save regularly over a specific period of time so that you can receive a lump sum benefit on the maturity of the plan if you survive the policy term. These are savings oriented plans and are therefore also called savings plans. Endowment plans help you to meet your long-term financial goals. Tata AIA Life Insurance Endowment plans offers flexibility to choose from different plan options, premium paying terms, policy terms, whole life cover and optional riders for comprehensive coverage.
Endowment plans offered by Tata AIA Life Insurance are as follows:
|Product Name||Product Description|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Guaranteed Return Plan||Guaranteed Return Insurance plan is a non-participating life insurance savings plan which helps you to fulfil your medium and long term goals as it ensures you of guaranteed returns on maturity. You get the flexibility to choose plan option from regular income, endowment or whole life income. You can also choose the policy term and premium paying term of the plan.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Guaranteed Monthly Income Plan||Guaranteed Monthly Income Plan provides financial protection for your family and monthly income to meet your future requirements. You have an option to choose the policy term of 5/8/ 12 years and receive guaranteed monthly income for double the policy term. The plan has allows a premium boost to increase your monthly income. You can also enhance your protection with optional riders.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Diamond Savings Plan||Diamond Savings plan is a participating life insurance savings plan which helps you create wealth along with providing life cover. It is a limited pay plan in which you can get vested compounded reversionary bonus and terminal bonus, if any, on the maturity of the plan or on the death of the life assured.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Gold Income Plan||Gold Income Plan is a non-participating, individual, life insurance savings plan which ensures you guaranteed returns for the money invested by you. This plan not only offers a guaranteed lump sum amount on maturity but also guaranteed income during the income term that increases every year. You can choose your guaranteed income for 10 or 15 years.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Smart Income Plus||Smart Income Plus is an endowment savings plan which provides you guaranteed pay-out ranging from 120% to 160% of the annualised premiums along with life cover to secure your family financially in future. You have the flexibility to choose between regular income or endowment options as per your requirements. The plan offers a higher benefit for female lives.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Value Income Plan||Value Income is a participating life insurance savings policy which provides you option to receive cash bonus (if declared) pay-out every year on policy anniversary or on the birthday following the second policy anniversary to help you to meet your financial commitments or accumulate these cash bonuses. The plan also offers flexibility to choose plan option from endowment or endowment with extended life cover till age 100 years.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Guarantee||Tata AIA Life Insurance Fortune Guarantee offers lump sum guaranteed returns of the invested premium on the maturity of the plan along with life insurance cover throughout the term of the policy. The plan also offers a flexible policy term and premium paying term. Higher maturity benefit is available for female lives. You can also enhance the coverage of the plan through optional riders.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance POS Smart Income Plus||POS Smart Income Plus is a non-participating insurance product which offers flexibility to choose between endowment benefit options and regular income benefit. The plan provides a guaranteed pay-out of 120% pf the annualised premium under the regular income benefit option. This is a limited pay income plan in which you have to pay for 7 years and get incomes for 15 years. No medical examination of the life insured is required under the plan.|
4. Tata AIA Life Insurance Money Back Plans
Money-back plans pay a percentage of the sum assured at regular intervals during the term of the policy instead of paying a lump sum amount at the maturity of the plan. Money-back plans are very much like endowment plans with the benefit of liquidity. Money-back plans allow you liquidity along with life cover. This policy is suitable for those individuals who wish to save through an insurance policy and also maintain their liquidity. In case of death of the insured during the term of the plan, the death benefit is paid which is the entire sum assured and the survival benefits already paid are not deducted.
Money-Back plans offered by Tata AIA Life Insurance are as follows:
|Product Name||Product Description|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance MahaLife Gold plan||Mahalife Gold plan is a participating, whole life savings plan which provides coverage up to 85 years or 100 years as the option selected by you along with regular income for you and your family for a long period of time. The plan also offers guaranteed annual coupons from 10th policy anniversary and non-guaranteed cash dividends annually from 6th policy anniversary till the maturity of the plan.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Money Back Plus||Money-Back Plus is a participating plan that offers a money back pay-outs of up to 130% of the sum assured at regular intervals during the term of the plan along with life cover. This plan also gives you the flexibility to choose from various term options with the advantage of paying for only half the term. The plan provides additional protection in case of accidental death through the inbuilt accidental benefit.|
5. Tata AIA Life Insurance Retirement Plans
Retirement Insurance plans offer you ways to build your own income after retirement. You have an option to either accumulate your retirement corpus over a period of time as per your risk appetite or get guaranteed immediate income for life by investing a lump sum amount in an insurance plan and receive regular income post-retirement. Tata AIA Life Insurance Retirement plans offer flexible annuity options to meet your future needs with an option to choose single or joint-life annuity enabling you to plan your retirement with ease.
Retirement plan offered by Tata AIA Life Insurance is as follows:
|Product Name||Product Description|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Smart Annuity plan||Smart Annuity plan is a single premium, non -participating annuity plan which offers regular income to help you to manage your income after retirement. The plan offers flexible annuity options which include immediate life annuity, immediate life annuity with return of purchase price and deferred life annuity with return of purchase price. You can top-up to enhance your annuity pay-out.|
6. Tata AIA Life Insurance Micro Insurance Plans
Micro Insurance is a type of life insurance product which is designed to make essential insurance plans more affordable for low-income people and residents of rural areas to have access to insurance. Micro Insurance plans offer the benefit of savings along with life cover. These plans have very low premiums. Tata AIA Life Insurance offers two micro insurance plans with flexible policy term and premium paying term.
Micro Insurance plans offered by Tata AIA Life Insurance are as follows:
|Product Name||Product Description|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance POS Saat Saath||POS Saat Saath plan offers dual benefits of protection and savings. It is a non-participating life insurance plan which offers a return of a pre-specified percentage of “total benefits paid” on the maturity of the plan. This pre-specified percentage range from 105% to 135% of the total premiums paid for the plan. You get the flexibility to choose to pay single premium or 7 years for policy term 5 years or 10 years respectively.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Saat Saath||Saat Saath is a micro-insurance savings plan that not only ensures you return on the maturity of the plan but also provides life insurance cover during the term of the policy. No medical tests are required to buy this plan and it offers preferential rates for female lives. You will have to pay once or for 7 years for a policy term of 5 years or 10 years respectively.|
7. Tata AIA Life Insurance NRI Plans
The Life Insurance Plans offered by Tata AIA Life Insurance can be brought by NRIs too. If you are an NRI, you can buy any life insurance plan as per your coverage needs and requirements whether it is term plans, whole life plans, endowment plans, money back plans, retirement plans or ULIP plans.
8. Tata AIA Life Insurance Riders
Tata AIA Life Insurance offers the following life insurance riders:
|Rider Name||Rider Description|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Waiver of Premium Plus (Linked) Rider||Waiver of Premium Plus (Linked) Rider is an optional insurance rider with coverage period equal to premium paying term of the base insurance plan. This optional rider ensures that your insurance plan continues and does not lapse if you are unable to pay the premiums of your base insurance plan due to death or total and permanent disablement due to an accident by waiving off the future premiums from the date of the mishap. The rider is designed for the proposer of the base insurance plan who is different from the life assured. This rider is available only with ULIP plans.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Waiver of Premium (Linked) Rider||Waiver of Premium (Linked) Rider waives off all the future premiums of the base insurance policy in the event of total and permanent disability suffered by the life assured. This rider is designed for the life assured of the base insurance plan and both the proposer and the life assured should be the same person. The coverage of the rider is for the term equal to premium paying term of the base plan. This rider can be brought only with Tata AIA Life Insurance ULIP plans.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Accidental Death and Dismemberment (Long Scale) ( ADDL) Linked Rider||Accidental Death and Dismemberment (Long Scale) (ADDL) Linked Rider pays an amount equal to rider sum assured to the nominee in case of accidental death of the insured. In case of any severe dismemberment such as loss of limbs or any bodily functions or severe body burns due to an accident, the rider will pay a specified percentage of the rider sum assured as per the benefits chart. This is a linked rider and can be brought only with ULIP plans offered by Tata AIA Life Insurance.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Waiver of Premium Plus Rider||In Waiver of Premium Plus Rider, all the future premiums of the base policy will be waived off till the remaining premium paying term from the date of death or total permanent disability due to an accident of the life insured. This rider is designed for the proposer of the base insurance plan who pays the premium for the base insurance policy and the life assured may be the child or spouse of the proposer.|
|Tata AIA Life Insurance Accidental Death and Dismemberment (Long Scale) ( ADDL) Rider||Accidental Death and Dismemberment (Long Scale) (ADDL) Rider pays the sum assured of the rider to the nominee in case of accidental death of the life assured and a percentage of the sum assured of the rider is paid in case of severe dismemberment such as loss of limbs or loss of bodily functions or severe burns due to an accident. The benefits under the rider will be doubled in the event of certain accidental death and dismemberment.|
Benefits of Buying Tata AIA Life Insurance Plans
Tata AIA Life Insurance offers a range of benefits if you invest in the life insurance plans offered by the company. These benefits depend on the type of life insurance policy you choose to buy.
The benefits of buying life insurance policies offered by Tata AIA Life Insurance are as follows:
- Life Cover- Life Insurance plans offer cover against the risk of premature death and provide financial assistance to your family in your absence. This is the most important aspect of life insurance. Whether it is replacing the lost income, paying for your child’s education or marriage, life insurance policies help your family financially even when you are not around. Tata AIA Life Insurance offers term plans with the option of whole life coverage till 100 years of age allowing you to cover your whole life.
- Creation of Wealth- The ULIP and endowment plans help you to create a corpus by saving for a specified period of time and receive the corpus in a lump sum amount at maturity of the plan. This helps you to meet your future financial goals. The ULIP plans invest in various funds which offer market-linked returns thereby helping you grow your corpus. Tata AIA Life Insurance Endowment and money-back plans also offer participating benefit in which you can receive bonuses at the maturity of the plan thereby enhancing your wealth.
- Financial Security- Since life insurance plans cover the risk of premature death your family gets financial security against a possible loss due to unforeseen contingencies. Beside life risk coverage, life insurance plans also offer coverage of the risk of critical illness and disability thereby providing your family with complete financial assurance, even in your absence.
- Fulfilment of Financial Goals- Different life insurance plans helps you to meet your different short term and long term financial goals. Endowment plans help to you save and meet your long term goals such as child’s education, marriage, etc., retirement plans helps you to plan your retirement and term plans helps you to fulfil your income replacement goals.
- Availing Loans- You can avail loan on your life insurance plans. Under money-back and endowment plans, which have a surrender value, you can take a policy loan after a specified period. Moreover, you can also use your Tata AIA Life Insurance plans as collateral security to avail loans for fulfilling your financial needs. Life Insurance plans are financial assets which help you to take a loan when you need funds.
- Liquidity- Life Insurance plans offer liquidity. In money-back plans, you get regular incomes which provide you with liquid funds to meet your short term financial needs. With money-back plans, you can strategically plan for meeting your short-term financial goals. Moreover, in ULIP plans you have the option to make partial withdrawals from the plan after the end of the first five policy years which also gives you liquidity.
- Tax Benefits- Life Insurance plans offer tax benefits both on premiums paid and on income received under the plans. Life Insurance policies such as ULIPs are one of the best tax-savings tools for the taxpayers. Apart from ULIPs, you can also save on tax by buying term plans, whole life plans or similar life insurance policies to avail tax deductions on premiums paid for these policies and receive tax-free pay-outs which subject to provisions under the Income Tax Act, 1961. You can read the detailed tax benefits below.
Tata AIA Life Insurance Claim Process
By having a high Claim Settlement Ratio 99.06% for the financial year 2019-2020 Tata AIA Life has proved that the process of settlement of claims is simple and easy. Tata AIA Life has introduced the ultimate hassle-free and speedy claim process.
Tata AIA Life understands the importance of processing claims quickly and without any hassle. In order to make the process even easier and simpler, Tata AIA Life has launched two new initiatives which are discussed as follows:
- Easy Claim (Doorstep Claim Services)
- You will have to call the helpline number of Tata AIA Life for assistance- 1860 266 9966
- The team of Tata AIA Life will schedule an appointment for doorstep claims service
- A representative will visit your residence to process the claim at your home.
- Timely notification on approval will be sent to you and the payment of the claim amount would be sent to your account.
- Express Claim (4 Hour Claim Settlement)
- You will have to visit the nearest branch of Tata AIA Life with the requisite documents
- The Rakshakarta team of the insurance company will assist you with formalities and immediately update their internal systems
- Your claim will be processed and the payment will be credited within 4 hours on the same day (Applicable for policies with death benefit up to INR 50 lakhs)
- You will receive timely notifications on approval of the claim and payment of the claim amount will be sent to you.
You can intimate the insurance company of the claim through the company’s website. Here are the steps-
- Online Claim Intimation- Fill in the basic details by visiting the official website ( www.tataaia.com) of the insurance company to inform the company about your claim. Also, attach the necessary documents.
- Submission of required documents- The documents submitted by you will be examined and assessed by the Claims Team and further requirement/decision will be communicated to you.
- Claim decision and pay-out- On verification, communication will be sent out to the customer and payment will be made through NEFT.
Documents needed for death claim
The following documents are required to be submitted at the branch office of Tata AIA Life Insurance for making a death claim-
- Claims forms: Claimant’s statement and Physician’s statement duly filled and signed by claimant and physician respectively.
- Death certificate issued by a local government body such as Municipal Corporation/ Appropriate Authority
- Medical records (admission notes, indoor case papers, discharge/death summary, test reports, etc.)
- Original policy document
- Claimant’s photo ID with age proof and proof of relationship with the life assured along with address proof of the claimant.
- Cancelled cheque with name and account number printed or cancelled cheque with a copy of bank passbook/ bank statement.
- Additional documents namely post-mortem report and chemical viscera report (if performed), all the police papers such as panchnama, inquest, first information report, final investigation report and newspaper cuttings/ photographs of the accident (if available) are also required to be submitted in addition to the above documents in case of death due to an accident.
Tata AIA Life Insurance Tax Benefits
As stated earlier, Life Insurance plans offered by Tata AIA Life Insurance provide you with the benefit of savings tax on both the investments made as well as the returns/pay-outs received by you from the plan. Let’s have a look at the tax benefits offered under Tata AIA Life Insurance plans:
|Income Tax Act Sections||Tax Benefit Available|
|Section 80C||You can avail deductions on the premiums paid by you for Tata AIA Life Insurance plans under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. The deduction is allowed for premiums paid towards Tata AIA Life Insurance plans, except retirement plans. However, the deduction is subject to a maximum limit of INR 1.5 lakh per annum. Premiums up to 10% of the sum assured are allowed as a deduction under this Section.|
|Section 80CCC||You can avail tax benefit on the premiums paid by you towards Tata AIA Life Insurance Pension plans. Premiums up to 10% of the sum assured are allowed as deductions. The deduction is subject to a limit of INR 1.5 lakh per annum paid towards deferred annuity insurance plans.|
|Section 80D||If you buy a health insurance plan or a critical illness rider, the premiums paid towards the plan or the rider would be allowed as a deduction under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961. The deduction is subjected to maximum INR 25,000 for every financial year. Moreover, for individuals aged 60 years and above, the amount of deduction increases to INR 50,000|
|Section 10 (10A)||If you buy any deferred annuity plan, then you can withdraw up to 60% of the corpus on the maturity of the plan. This is called commutation of pension. However, only 33% of the total corpus can be commutated tax-free under Section 10 (10A) of the Income Tax Act, 1961. The rest of the amount would be taxable if commuted.|
|Section 10 (10D)||Under Section 10 (10D) of Income Tax Act, 1961, the pay-outs received from Tata AIA Life Insurance plans in the form of survival benefits or maturity benefits, including the bonuses received, are exempted from tax. It is treated as a tax-free income provided the premiums should not exceed 10% of the sum assured in the plan. However, if the premium exceeds 10% of the sum assured in the plan, the maturity benefit received along with bonuses, if any would be taxable in the hands of the policyholder. |
The limit of 10% premium does not apply to death benefits received under the plan. The death benefit is entirely tax-free under this section in the hands of the nominee irrespective of the amount of premium.
Tata AIA Life Insurance Customer Care Details
Tata AIA Life Insurance offers a range of smart products that offer hassle-free, convenient and rewarding solutions at the click of a button. You can contact the customer service department of the insurance company in case of any complaint, query or feedback. Here are the details to contact the customer department of the company:
|Helpline Number||1-860-266-9966 (Monday to Saturday: 10 AM to 7 PM)|
|For callers outside India||+91-80-67603700|
|SMS||SMS “SERVICE” to 5676799|
Tata AIA Life Insurance Review
Ever since its inception in 2001, Tata AIA Life Insurance has offered customised insurance products to individuals, businesses across sizes and sectors, and associations. Here are some of the details of the company.
- The Claim Settlement Ratio of the company for the financial year 2019-2020 stood at 99.06%
Tata AIA Life has retail new business weighted premium of INR 2,692 crore for the financial year 2019-2020
- Tata AIA Life has been awarded the prestigious AON best Employer’s Award for four years in a row.
- For policies that have been in force for at least 3 continuous years, the company guarantees to pay death claims within 8 working days of receipt of all the claim documents. Interest at the rate of 6% is paid for any delays.
- Tata AIA Life Insurance has an Individual Weighted New Business Premium (IWNBP) of INR 2,232 crores for the financial year 2018-2019.
- The company’s Asset Under Management (AUM) in the financial year 2018-2019 was INR 28,430 crore.
These statistics show that the company is one of the leading insurance companies in India with different insurance plans and simple claim settlement procedures.