Upto ₹25 Lakh Saral Jeevan Bima
LIC's New Endowment Plan
Enter your details to buy Life Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Income proof/Kyc needed**Only for Paytm Customers
- Instant approval with NO paperwork
- No Spam calls. Promise
LIC's New Endowment Plan is a non-linked participating endowment plan which also provides the benefits of a life cover. The plan participates in profits of the company and thus its policyholders are entitled to receive simple reversionary bonuses. The policy also provides for a final bonus in the year in which a claim is made either due to life assured’s death or plan maturity.
The plan comes with 5 additional rider options to help you enhance its standard coverage. The policies which feature a sum assured of INR 2 Lakh and more or yearly/half-yearly mode of premium payment qualify for premium rebates of up to 3% of the standard premium.
Best Features of LIC's New Endowment Plan
The best features of the LIC's New Endowment Plan are as follows:
- Benefit Payout Options- The plan offers the life assured an option to receive the death benefit in instalments over the chosen period of 5, 10, or 15 years instead of a lump sum amount. The instalments can be received on a yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly basis.
- Policy Loan- After the payment of at least full 2 years’ premiums, you can avail a loan under the policy.
- Participation in Profits- The investors of the plan are entitled to receive Simple Reversionary Bonuses out of the profits declared by LIC from time to time. The insurer also provides an additional final bonus in the year of the claim.
- Rider Options- There are 5 optional riders namely Accidental Death and Disability Benefit Rider, Accident Benefit Rider, Term Assurance Rider, Critical Illness Benefit Rider, and Premium Waiver Benefit Rider available with the plan.
- Policy Revival- A lapsed or paid-up policy can be revived within 5 years starting from the date of the first unpaid premium.
Benefits of LIC's New Endowment Plan
The key benefits available under the LIC's New Endowment Plan are as follows:
1. Death Benefit
In case of an untimely demise of the life assured, the higher of the following is paid to the nominee as the death benefit -
- Basic Sum Assured
- 7 times of annualised premium
- 105% of total premiums paid upto the date of death
In addition to the above, the vested simple reversionary bonuses along with the final additional bonus shall also be payable to the nominee.
2. Maturity Benefit
On the survival of the life assured till the end of the policy term, the sum assured on maturity equivalent to the Basic Sum Assured along with the vested simple reversionary bonuses and final additional bonus is paid as the maturity benefit.
LIC's New Endowment Plan Eligibility
LIC's New Endowment Plan comes with the following eligibility conditions:
|Eligibility Criteria For LIC's New Endowment Plan|
|Minimum Age at Entry||8 years|
|Maximum Age at Entry||55 years|
|Maximum Age at Maturity||75 years|
|Minimum Basic Sum Assured||INR 1 Lakh|
|Maximum Basic Sum Assured||No limit, subject to underwriting|
|Policy Term||12-35 years|
|Premium Payment Frequency||Yearly, Half-yearly, Quarterly, Monthly|
LIC's New Endowment Plan Review
LIC's New Endowment Plan is a savings plan coupled with the benefits of a life cover. One of the unique features of the plan is its participation in profits of the company which provides you with simple reversionary bonuses from time to time and a final bonus in the year in which a claim is made.
Moreover, the plan provides 5 additional rider options to provide you with financial assistance during uncertainties like accidental death, disability and critical illness. Another remarkable feature of the plan is the rebate on high sum assured policies and policies with yearly and half-yearly modes of premium payment. This plan can be shortlisted by individuals looking for a simple savings cum life insurance plan with the additional benefits in the form of bonuses.
LIC's New Endowment Plan FAQs
1. What is the grace period under the plan?
The plan offers you a grace period of 30 days (15 days for monthly mode) to pay all the due premiums from the date of first unpaid premium.
2. What are the different options to receive the death benefit in instalments?
The plan allows you to receive the death benefit in instalments in the following manner:
Mode of Instalment Payout Minimum Instalment Amount Monthly INR 5,000 Quarterly INR 15,000 Half-Yearly INR 25,000 Yearly INR 50,000
3. What are the different rebates available under this plan?
The plan provides for rebates depending upon the premium payment mode and sum assured amount.
Rebate for different premium payment modes -
- Yearly- 2% of premium
- Half-yearly- 1% of premium
- Quarterly, Monthly- NIL
Rebate for different sum assured -
- INR 1,00,000 - INR 1,95,000 - NIL
- INR 2,00,000 - INR 4,95,000 - 2% of basic sum assured
- INR 5,00,000 - INR 9,95,000 - 3% of basic sum assured
Recent ArticlesView All
Check latest updates, changes in tax rules and learn about taxability on your life insurance policy payouts.Read More
Tips, tricks and complete guide to financial planning with life insurance plans.Read More
How accident benefit rider with life insurance can help you benefits of buying riders with life insurance poli...Read More
Know what questions you should ask before buying life insurance step by step guide.Read More