Ever since the pandemic hit the world, a lot of norms have changed, with processes we take for granted are now happening in different or completely new ways. One such thing that has changed during this time is the process of car claim settlements. Making the claim settlement via video streaming is the new solution to this old problem. One can safely say that it is definitely the better option than a regular inspection, as you can follow the social distancing protocol this way.
If you are a little confused about what happens in such a scenario, don’t worry because we have answered some of the top FAQs related to car claim settlement through video streaming, to give you a better understanding of the same!
What does this New Protocol of Video Calls Mean for Car Policyholders?
On the whole, this should be considered as great news for most car insurance policyholders out there. Thanks to the option of making the car claim settlement through video streaming, you can easily complete the process in quick time. You no longer have to wait for the inspector to come at the site of the accident and inspect the damages done to your car.
Once the inspection is done, you should be able to get the approval quickly - even in a day in some cases! Therefore, such an easy and risk-free process is definitely something that will make all car policyholders rejoice.
How does the Car Insurance Claims Process Take Place Over Video Calls?
The whole claim settlement process through video streaming is pretty straightforward. You just have to download the concerned app or the link that your insurer will provide, and follow the steps conveyed to you by the inspector.
To help you understand the process in a better way, we have listed out the steps involved in this procedure.
- After the accident, you must call the customer care associated with your car insurance company and intimate the authorities about the incident. Once the company analyses your explanation of the incident, they will accept and register it as a claim-related incident.
- You will then get a video streaming link via text message. This link will open to the portal of the company, where the inspection process will take place via video streaming.
- Once you click the link and enter the chatroom, a certified inspector will guide you through the whole process where he/she will ask you to show all the damages done to the car. The inspector also advises the policyholder over what can be done for certain damages.
- Post the inspection, the inspector will ask you to upload all the necessary documents. Upon validation of all the documents, the inspector will provide the claim settlement report. This report acts as the basis upon which the whole claim will be settled.
- Finally, the insurer will transfer the reimbursement amount to your account once everything is validated.
What are the Benefits of Settling Car Claims through Video Streaming?
There are quite a few benefits of settling car insurance claims via this medium and they are as follows:
- Social Distancing – We all know how the world has changed in this aspect with people avoiding contact with other people as much as possible. The video streaming method enables you to follow social distancing, which is the mantra during this pandemic. Just like Amit who was hesitant to visit a network garage in order to get his car repaired due to covid. Thus, he decided to take the help of a video streaming facility and downloaded the app of his insurer. He showed his car's damages on a video call to the inspector and made a claim request which was later approved.
- Speedy Procedure – The whole process is much faster than the conventional method. Here, you will get a video inspection link immediately after you have intimated the company about the accident. Once the inspection is done quickly, the claim process will be settled easily.
- Convenient – This is a much more hassle-free process than otherwise, as you do not have to wait for the inspector to arrive at the site of the accident. You can simply use your smartphone to show the damages via video call and you will be good to go in less than half an hour in most cases.
- Transparency – One can expect transparency in this process, as both the claimant and insurer cannot really lie about things. Moreover, the video call is saved in their portal, which later acts as the most important piece of evidence.
Are There any Drawbacks to Car Claim Settlement via Video?
Naturally, there are a few drawbacks associated with this. They are:
- Poor Internet connection – If you don’t have a good internet connection, then it can be a big hindrance in such a case. This is especially true if the accident takes place in a hilly area where the satellite network might not be that strong. In this case, you will have to opt for the conventional method.
- Lack of technical know-how – There are a lot of scenarios where people are not that adept at using the smartphone in the right way. In fact, there can be cases where the drivers do not have a smartphone. In such cases, this medium of car settlement fails.
Technology makes our lives more convenient and leveraging such tools can make stressful tasks like filing insurance claims much easier. So, don’t wait for the inspector to come to the site of the accident, and instead take the route of video streaming to get the job done quickly. Maintain social distancing and be safe!