Universal Sompo Car Insurance
Intro to Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
Universal Sompo General Insurance Company is formed by a joint venture between Indian Overseas Bank, Allahabad Bank, Karnataka Bank, Dabur Investment Corporation, and a Japan-based insurance company Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Corporation. It is a joint venture between a private, public and foreign company. The company is popular for providing a wide range of general insurance products and has been gaining popularity since its inception and has been one of the most preferred general insurance partners.
Types of Universal Sompo General Car Insurance
The car insurance products offered by the Universal Sompo General Insurance Company are unique and cover you financially in times of car damage or loss. The following are the types of car insurance policies offered by the Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Limited:
- Comprehensive Cover:
A comprehensive car insurance cover consists of two parts. One is the own-damage cover and third-party cover. A comprehensive car insurance cover is designed to offer coverage in the event of damage or loss caused to own vehicle and to a third-party vehicle. The cover is also providing insurance protection against any liability arising in the event of damage to third-party life or property and even to loss or injury caused to life while driving the insured vehicle.
- Third-Party Cover:
This cover is designed to cover the damages or losses caused by the insured vehicle to the third party. All events like damage to life, bodily injury, property damage or damage to the vehicle. The third-party car insurance cover also provides financial coverage against any legal liability arising due to damages caused to life, property, or vehicle of a third party while driving the insured vehicle.
- Commercial Car Insurance Plan:
Commercial cars can be covered under this plan for comprehensive or third-party coverage. There are three types of commercial vehicles that can be covered like:
- Passenger Carrying Vehicle Insurance Policy covers cars that are used to carry passengers from one place to another on hire or rental. These cars cannot be used for racing and other testing purposes.
- Goods Carrying Vehicle Insurance Policy covers cars that are used to carry goods on hire or rental.
- Miscellaneous Vehicle Insurance Policy which covers cars used for any special purpose or reason after stating the risk explicitly.
Benefits of the Universal Sompo Car Insurance Plans:
The following are the benefits of buying a car insurance policy from the Universal Sompo General Insurance Company:
- Instant Processing:
The digital platform or physical branch office processing of policy processing is very swift and prompt. Initially, you need to convey your car insurance needs based on that an insurance quote shall be generated and if you are convinced with the premium quote you are required to pay the premium amount to start the instant policy coverage of your car insurance policy. The entire processing of issuing a car insurance policy and insurance coverage is offered in quick and promptly.
- 24*7 customer service:
The company is dedicated to offering top-notch customer service to its customers. The customer service department of the Universal Sompo General Insurance Company provides 24*7 customer service and assistance to resolve all the queries of the customers.
- Payment Option:
Customers have a wide range of options to choose from when it comes to the premium payment. The customer can pay the premium using a Credit card, Debit Card or Net Banking as per their convenience.
- Huge Network:
A company has a huge network of garages that ensures quick repair works and swift cashless claim settlement process.
- Claim Processing:
The company is very swift and prompt in offering hassle-free claim settlements. Once the customer has filed a car insurance claim settlement request and files all the required documents the company shall process the claim in no time.
The car insurance policy from Universal Sompo General Insurance Company provides a wide range of discounts to the customers. The following discounts are available under the private car insurance policy:
- No Claim Bonus for every claim-free year
- Discount for opting high voluntary excess i.e., any contribution made over and above the compulsory deductibles under the motor insurance policy.
- Discount for installing anti-theft devices in the vehicle
- Concession for designing the vehicle as per the needs of a handicapped or mentally challenged person
- Add-on Covers:
Additional insurance cover can be opted with the help of add-on covers by paying a nominal additional premium. The following add-on cover is available under the car insurance policy:
- Nil Depreciation Cover:
Covers against the loss of depreciation due to the event of damage or wear and tear of the vehicle.
- Return to Invoice:
Return to Invoice cover in car insurance insures the car owner against the difference value between the Insured Declared Value and the Invoice Value of the vehicle including registration charges and applicable taxes.
- Daily Cash Allowance:
A daily cash allowance up to 5 days is provided in event of the car being out in the authorized garage for repair works
- Accidental Hospitalisation Clause for Family:
Reimbursement for inpatient expenses in the event any family member is hospitalized due to an accident caused to the insured vehicle while traveling.
- Key Replacement:
Covers for the expenses incurred for change or replacement of lost and keys.
- Roadside Assistance:
In the event of an emergency vehicle breakdown, this cover takes care of the expenses required for shifting the vehicle to the nearest authorized garage.
- Cost of Consumables:
Covers for the expenses incurred for replacement of consumable items like engine oil, brake oil etc.
- Secure Towing:
Covers the cost of removal of damaged vehicle and tow it to the nearest repair centre and re-deliver it to the owner.
- Hydrostatic Lock Cover:
Will cover the cost of repair or replacement of engine parts of the insured vehicle.
- Engine Protector:
Car Insurance Engine Protector Indemnifies against the expenses incurred for the repair or replacement of engine parts, gearbox parts, differential parts of the insured vehicle
- NCB Protector:
With ncb protector add-on cover in car insurance, the customer shall be entitled to receive the No Claim Bonus at the time of renewal for the next policy year which might be lost in case the claim is made in a policy year.
- Child Education Support:
Will cover for the education expenses of the named child or children in event of death or permanent disability of the insured i.e. the car owner.
- Wider PA Benefit for Owner-Driver:
Secure yourself 24*7 with an amount of INR 3 Lakhs or 4 Lakhs or 5 Lakhs or 10 Lakhs against the assault or risk of assault or bodily injury while travelling in an insured vehicle or not.
- Loss of Personal Belongings:
Covers the loss of personal belongings occurred due to the car breaking of the insured vehicle.
- Accidental Hospitalisation for owner-driver:
Owner-driver can secure themselves against the risk of death or accidental injury or permanent disability caused while driving the insured vehicle.
- Additional Expense Coverage: This cover will provide for the expenses incurred for an overnight stay at a hotel or accommodation in the event of car breakdown, theft or accident.
- Loss of Driving License or Registration Certificate:
This cover provides compensation up to INR 500 in case of loss of driving license or RC.
- Nil Depreciation Cover:
What is Covered?
The private car insurance policy offered by Universal Sompo General Insurance Company covers for the losses or damages caused to the insured vehicle arising due to:
- Malicious Act
- Act of Terrorism
- Accidental external means
- Damages caused in transit
- Landslide or Rockslide
What is Not Covered?
The Universal Sompo private car insurance policy excludes the losses or damages arising out of:
- Damages caused due to ageing of the vehicle or due to normal wear and tear of the vehicle
- Any accident occurred outside the designated geographical area
- Damages caused while driving without license or invalid license
- Damages caused while intoxicated driving after having alcohol or drugs
- Private vehicles used for commercial purpose
How to Apply For The Universal Sampo General Car Insurance Plan
Applying for Universal Sompo Car Insurance Policy is simple and hassle-free. Any individual wanting to buy a car insurance policy of Universal Sompo General Insurance Company can apply in two ways:
- Online Mode:
Visit the official website of the company at https://www.universalsompo.com/Onlinemotor?Product=Privatecar and enter the required information. Within minutes an online quote will be generated and if you wish to apply you can proceed to pay the quoted premium amount.
- Offline Mode:
Customers can also apply for the car insurance policy by visiting the nearest branch office or contacting the authorised tied agents who will help customers every step of the way to apply for a car insurance policy.
While applying for a new car insurance policy of Universal Sompo General Insurance Company the customers need to provide the following list of documents:
- Duly filled proposal form
- Copy of RC book
- Copy of Valid Driving License
- KYC documents of the car owner
The Universal Sompo Car Insurance Claim Process
The following is the detailed car insurance claim process of the Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Limited.
- In event of own-damage or theft claim:
The following prompt actions are required to be taken by the car owner:
- Intimate about the loss immediately to the insurance provider by calling the toll-free number at 1800 44 4030. Upon intimating the claims settlement officials will soon contact to help you in the claim settlement procedure.
- You are required to furnish the following details while registering a claim with the insurance provider:
- Contact details of the car owner
- Policy Number
- Name of the insured person
- Details of accident
- Location of accident or loss
- Extent of the loss or damage caused to the insured vehicle
- Once all the intimation process completes an authorised surveyor will reach the location to inspect the damages
- Upon complete inspection of the accident spot and damages caused to the vehicle, the car owner can tow and transfer the vehicle to the authorised garage to start the repair works
- The garage will provide an expenses estimate which you have to submit to the insurance provider along with other required documents like duly filled claim form, copy of RC book, Copy of Driving License, KYC documents of the car owner, etc.
- After registering the claim, the repair works shall start
- In case of cashless claim settlement, the amount shall be settled directly between the insurance provider and the garage while in case of reimbursement claim settlement the car owner has to pay the bills and then avail reimbursement from the insurance provider by providing necessary invoices and bills.
- In event of Third-Party Claims:
In an event where the damage or loss is caused to the third-party vehicle, life or property the following immediate steps are to be undertaken:
- Intimate the insurance provider in writing about the accident and the damages to the third-party vehicle, property or life
- Furnish all the required documentary evidence to the insurance company
- In case of a third-party claim, the company will appoint an experienced investigator, who will inspect and investigate the accident.
- Submit all the relevant and required documents to the insurance company
- On the receipt of intimation from a court or MACT, the insurance provider shall settle the claim as per the direction of the court.
The claim process settlement is done in two ways namely:
- Cashless Claim Settlement:
You need to take the vehicle to a network authorised service centre for a cashless claim. All documentation is done by the garage only. Under a cashless claim settlement, the authorized surveyor of the company shall ascertain the damage at the network garage. After the repair work is completed the amount of claim is directly settled between the insurance provider and the network garage. The remaining amount of the repair work which is not approved by the surveyor needs to be paid by you at the time of taking the car back.
- Reimbursement Claim settlement:
As the name suggests under this type of claim settlement the claim amount is initially paid by the car-owner. Later the claim amount will be reimbursed once all the required documents, invoices, and bills are submitted to the insurance provider by the car-owner. Under the Reimbursement Claim Settlement procedure, the ascertainment of the damage is done by the authorized surveyor at the accident spot and then the car is moved to the garage for repairs.
How to Renew You’re Lapsed/Expired the Universal Sompo Car Insurance Policy Online?
Renewing the car insurance policy of Universal Sompo General Insurance Company is very simple. Just click on the link https://www.universalsompo.com/Motor-renewal/pages/#/Home fills the necessary information and within minutes you shall be able to renew your existing car insurance policy. However, if you have a lapsed car insurance policy which you wish to renew you need to first avail the fitness certificate of the car from an authorised surveyor and submit the following required documents:
- Car fitness certificate issued by an authorised surveyor
- Copy of RC Book
- Copy of Valid Driving License
- KYC Documents of the car owner
- Duly filled proposal form
- Copy of Lapsed Car insurance policy
The Universal Sompo Car Insurance Review
The reviews and feedback of Universal Sompo Car insurance policy are positive. Customers are happy with the unique features and benefits that the private car insurance policy is offering. The car insurance policy offers a wide range of add-on covers at minimal premium amount thereby increasing the scope of the car insurance policy. Apart from the unique product features, the company is also gaining popularity due to top-notch customer service offered by the customer support department. Additionally, the company is very prompt in claim settlement that makes customers very delighted. Thus, these are the three main reasons for the popularity of Universal Sompo General Insurance Company in the minds of its customers.
The Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Limited Car Insurance Customer Care Number
The customer care department of the Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Limited can be reached in the following ways:
Address: Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Ltd., Plot No - EL-94, KLS Tower, TTC Industrial Area, MIDC, Mahape, Navi Mumbai 400710.
Phone Number: Customer Care Helpline : 1800 200 4030, 022 - 27 63 9800,022 – 39133700
Fax: 1800 200 9134