Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Malappuram
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The district of Malappuram in Kerala, known as the City of Hills, is rich with cultural heritage. A famous centre for Hindu-Vedic learning and Islamic philosophy, and spectacular festivities of this region’s temples and mosques. Malappuram State Transport Authority issues a driving licence as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. An individual who owns a driving licence is allowed to drive a vehicle in the public areas of Malappuram and across India. If you wish to get a permanent driving licence then you must get a learning licence Malappuram first. Driving licence application online Malappuram is a stepwise process and requires a set of documents. You can go via offline format as well. The whole process is mentioned below-
Different Types of Driving Licence in Malappuram
Based upon the type of motor vehicle a person wants to drive, the Malappuram RTO issues a driving licence accordingly. The various types of motor vehicles are-
- Light motor vehicles would include bikes and cars.
- Medium motor vehicles would include tempo trucks and vans.
- Heavy motor vehicles would include heavy carriage trucks.
- Commercial vehicles would include buses.
- Motorcycles without gear would include mopeds and scooty.
- Motorcycles with gear would include bikes.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Get a Driving Licence in Malappuram
A person must meet the below eligibility criteria if he wishes to get a Malappuram driving licence:
- An applicant of age 16 years and above is eligible to apply for a vehicle If the engine capacity of the motor vehicle is less than 50cc.
- A person must be above 18 years, to get a permanent driving licence.
- If applying for a commercial licence, one must be above the age of 20 years.
- Learning licence- Before getting a permanent licence, a learning licence Malappuram is required.
- To get a Malappuram driving licence, one must be well versed with the traffic rules.
What are the Documents Required to Apply for a Driving Licence in Malappuram
To apply for a driving licence a set of documents is required as per the Malappuram Motor Authority. The documents are-
- Duly filled application in Form No. 4
- Valid learning licence
- Valid address and age proofs
- An application fee of INR 200 plus a service charge of INR 50
- Recent passport-size photographs
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Malappuram ?
To get a driving licence in Malappuram, an applicant can opt online as well as in offline mode. Online driving licence Malappuram is a convenient option. Both are explained below:
- Online Application Malappuram Driving Licence-
- Visit the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways Website or else visit the Sarathi portal, choose the state option.
- Go to apply online and fill in the details.
- Attach the scanned copies of the documents.
- After paying the fees, you can book your slot for the driving test, again this can be done easily through the Sarathi portal.
- Appear for the driving test.
- On clearing this test, your licence will be delivered to your doorstep.
- Offline Application Malappuram Driving Licence-
- One has to download and print the application form through the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways Website or an easy way is to visit Sarathi.
- Visit the nearest RTO along with the duly filled application with all the necessary documents.
- Book for a driving test.
On completing these steps, the driving licence will be delivered to the doorstep of the applicant.
How to Get a Duplicate Driving Licence in Malappuram?
If your DL is lost or damaged, you can apply for a duplicate one. These documents are required-
- Details of the driving licence
- A copy of FIR (if theft)
- Passport size photographs
- Application fee
The application must be made within 6 months of the date of loss. The driving licence application online Malappuram is easy. Just visit the transport website. A duplicate driving licence can be obtained by filing an application for online driving licence Malappuram.
For offline application, visit the RTO. Fill out the application form, attach the valid documents and pay the fee.
Driving Licence Renewal Online Malappuram
A driving licence has an expiry of 20 years or when an applicant turns 50. After this period, one has to renew the driving licence. You will be given a grace period of 30 days to apply for Malappuram driving licence renewal. Driving licence renewal online Malappuram is a simple process. The following documents are required-
- Duly filled application form 9
- Application fee (INR 200 within the grace period, INR 300 if the grace period is over)
- Original driving licence
- Valid documents for age and address
If a licence holder fails to renew the licence within 5 years of expiry, a fresh application has to be made to get a Malappuram driving licence renewal.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Malappuram?
If an applicant wishes to drive overseas, he can apply for an international driving licence with Sarathi driving licence Malappuram. He has to present his original driving licence along with application form 4A. A valid passport, valid visa and a medical certificate are to be attached with your application. Online and offline, both options are available.
How to Apply for a Commercial Driving Licence in Malappuram?
The process of applying for a commercial driving licence in Malappuram is similar to applying for a regular driving licence. Only the documents needed for the same would be different as you would need to submit Form 2 along with Form 5, duly filled and signed along with a certificate from any of the government registered driving authorities for commercial vehicles. After submission of the documents, you would be required to appear for the physical driving test to get a valid commercial driving licence.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Malappuram
After the document submission, an applicant has to appear for a driving test. Driving skills and knowledge of traffic rules are tested in this test. A driving inspector is present during this test.
To book a driving test slot, visit the official website of the State Transport Authority or visit the Sarathi portal. The steps are mentioned below:
- Book slots (you can simplify the process using the Sarathi portal) or visit the RTO.
- Appear for the test.
- If someone fails this test, his licence is denied and he needs to reappear for the exam after 7 days.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving Licence in Malappuram FAQs
1. Can I drive across India if I have a Malappuram learning licence?
No, the learning licence issued in Malappuram is not valid across India. Although a permanent DL is valid across the country.
2. Is there any difference in the licence issued via online and offline mode?
No, there is no difference in the licence you get via online or offline mode.
3. Can I get a permanent driving licence Malappuram if I am short of just 1 month in 18 years?
No, you have to complete the age of 18 months to get a permanent DL in Malappuram.
4. Is it necessary to pass the driving test to get a driving licence?
Yes, without successful completion of the driving test, you can’t be issued a driving licence. On failing this test, reappear for it and complete your application.
5. Do I need to pay any additional fees apart from what is mentioned on the official state transport website or told at RTO?
The fee amount is very transparent and is mentioned on the website of state transport. No need to pay any extra fee anywhere else if you are going through the process.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More