Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Dhanbad
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Dhanbad is the second most populous city of Jharkhand. The city houses some of the largest coal mines in the country and is known as the coal capital of India. Travelling within the city of Dhanbad is much easier if you have to rely on your own vehicle.
If you want to drive around in the city, you will need a valid driving licence. The traffic police of Dhanbad is quite strict and you might not want to risk getting a challan for driving without a valid driving licence in Dhanbad. So, if you wish to know more about the process of availing a driving licence in Dhandab, simply read on and we shall discuss all aspects in detail.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Dhanbad
If you are looking for a driving licence Dhanbad, the following are the different types that you can choose from, depending on the type of vehicle that you have.
- Motorcycle without Gear: For mopeds and scooters.
- Motorcycle with Gear: For motorcycles with gears.
- Road Roller: For road rollers and construction vehicles.
- Taxis, automobiles, and motorbikes are considered light motor vehicles.
- Heavy Goods Vehicle: Used in trucks and trailers.
- Medium Goods: For tempos and delivery trucks, medium goods.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Dhanbad?
To get your learning licence Dhanbad, you must meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Age Limit:
- The applicant must be 18 years or older.
- The applicant must be 20 years or older for a commercial driving licence.
- The applicant must be well versed with the traffic rules and regulations.
- The applicant must first apply for a learner’s driving licence.
- On receiving a learner’s driving licence, you can apply for a permanent driving licence.
- The time frame to apply for a permanent driving licence is between 30 and 180 days of receiving the learner’s licence.
What are the Documents Required to Apply For Driving Licence in Dhanbad?
For your learning licence Dhanbad you would need the following documents.
- Form No. 2 or driving licence application form
- Medical certificate or Form No. 1
- PAN card of the applicant
- Aadhaar card of the applicant
- Address proof of the applicant
- Passport size photographs of the applicant
- Birth certificate of the applicant
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Dhanbad?
There are two different ways by which you can apply for a driving licence in the city of Dhanbad. The easier option is to opt for the online driving licence Dhanbad offers. Alternatively, you can visit RTO and apply for a driving licence offline.
Online Driving Licence Dhanbad
For your driving licence application online Dhanbad, here are all the steps that you need to follow.
- Visit the Sarathi website at https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/.
- Select your state as Jharkhand.
- Select Apply for Learner Licence for a learning licence or click on Apply for Driving Licence for a permanent driving licence.
- Select Continue on the next page.
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload the relevant documents to the website.
- Choose a slot for your driving test.
- Pay the fees for your driving licence application.
The process remains the same as far as two wheeler licence online apply Dhanbad has to offer is concerned.
Offline Driving Licence Dhanbad
People who do not wish to apply from the Sarathi website can still apply offline. To apply for your driving licence offline, here are the steps.
- You must visit your nearest RTO to get an application form for the driving licence.
- Fill out the application form.
- Prepare necessary documents for the application form.
- Submit the application form along with all the supporting documents at the RTO.
- Select a slot for your driving test.
- Pay the necessary fees for the driving licence.
When you successfully pass the driving test, the RTO will send the driving licence to your registered mailing address within a few days.
How to Get a Duplicate Driving Licence in Dhanbad?
There is a possibility that you might lose your driving licence or damage it due to some unforeseen circumstances. In such cases, you can opt for a duplicate driving licence. To apply for your duplicate driving licence application online Dhanbad, the following documents are needed.
- LLD application form
- Address proof
- Age proof
- FIR copy, in case of loss of licence
- Original driving licence copy
Individuals who do not wish to apply for a duplicate driving licence from the Sarathi website can apply offline as well. The process remains similar to the one on the Sarathi website. You must visit your RTO, submit the above documents, and pay the necessary fees.
How to Get a Driving Licence Renewed in Dhanbad?
The Dhanbad driving licence renewal process is quite streamlined. You can renew at the end of 20 years or when you reach the age of 50, whichever occurs first. In Dhanbad driving licence renewal can be initiated 30 days prior to its expiry.
For your driving licence renewal online Dhanbad, here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Visit the Sarathi website and select Jharkhand as the state and opt for Apply for DL Renewal option on the next page.
- Enter all the mandatory details on the application form.
- On the next page, you can upload all the essential documents.
- After selecting a driving licence slot, you must complete the payment.
- Driving licence renewal online Dhanbad is a hassle-free process.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Dhanbad?
The traveller in you would want to travel abroad and even drive some of the most beautiful roads across the world. To do so, you would need an international driving licence. It isn’t a lot of hassle to get your hands on one.
- It only takes a few clicks to go to the Sarathi website and choose Jharkhand as your state.
- Select Apply for International Driving Permit from the menu (IDP).
- For your driving licence application, fill out the form and attach any necessary supporting documentation.
How to Get a Commercial Driving Licence in Dhanbad?
For a commercial driving licence in Dhanbad, applicants can either apply online or offline. The applicant needs to submit an application form along with Form no. 2, a training certificate from a government driving institute, etc. After passing the driving test, applicants can apply for a commercial driving licence.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Dhanbad
It is mandatory to undergo a driving test to obtain your driving licence. An inspector at the RTO usually conducts the tests. They usually check the basic driving skills of the applicant and it is applicable for the online as well as offline mode.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving Licence in Dhanbad FAQs
1. Is it mandatory to have a local address proof?
If you are applying for a driving licence from another city, you need local address proof.
2. Can I use the bank passbook as address proof?
Yes, you can use your bank passbook as valid proof of address.
3. Can I apply for a licence from a different RTO than the one which issued the learner’s licence?
Yes, you can.
4. How to apply for a permanent driving licence if I have multiple learner’s licences?
You must apply for a permanent driving licence on the learner’s licence that is still valid.
5. Can a diplomat apply for a driving licence?
If you are a diplomat, you can directly apply for a permanent driving licence.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More