Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Jamshedpur
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The city of Jamshedpur in Jharkhand is known for its iron and steel industry. Apart from having large-scale industries, the city is also famous for its Jubilee park and the Tata Steel Zoological Park. Jamshedpur takes traffic rules and regulations quite seriously. Thus, it is advisable to get your driving licence if you want to drive or ride in the city. Here is all the information that you might need regarding driving licence Jamshedpur.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Jamshedpur
Here are all the types of driving licence Jamshedpur has to offer. Depending on the vehicle type that you own or are planning to buy, you can opt for the following.
- Light Motor Vehicle Licence: For cars, taxis, and motorcycles.
- Heavy Goods Vehicle Licence: For trailers and trucks.
- Motorcycle with Gear Licence: For motorcycles with gears.
- Motorcycle without Gear Licence: For mopeds and scooters.
- Road Roller Licence: Vehicles used in construction and for rolling roads.
- Medium Goods Licence: In favour of delivery vans and tempos.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Jamshedpur?
The following qualifications are required for the learning licence Jamshedpur has to offer:
- Age Limits:
- The candidate must be at least 18 years old.
- To apply for a commercial driver's licence, the applicant must be at least 20 years old.
- The applicant must be familiar with all applicable traffic laws and regulations.
- Application for a learner's permit is the initial stage.
- Following the issuance of the learner's permit, you can submit an application for a permanent driving permit.
- After receiving your learner's permit, you have between 30 and 180 days to apply for a permanent driving licence.
What are the Documents Required to Apply For Driving Licence in Jamshedpur?
You must submit the following documents in order to apply for your learning licence in Jamshedpur.
- Medical certificate, often known as Form No.1
- Application for a driver's licence, Form No. 2
- Aadhar Card
- Birth certificate of the applicant
- PAN card
- Address proof
- Passport size photographs
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Jamshedpur?
In Jamshedpur, you can apply for a driving licence in either of the following ways.
- You can opt for an online driving licence Jamshedpur has to offer.
- You can apply offline by visiting the RTO.
There isn’t a lot of difference when it comes to the process, but the online mode is a bit more convenient.
Online Driving Licence Jamshedpur
For your driving licence application online Jamshedpur, You must complete the following:.
- Go to the official Sarathi website at https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/.
- Decide on Jharkhand as your home state.
- To apply for a learner's permit or a driver's licence, select either Apply for Learner's Permit or Apply for Driving Permit.
- To continue, select the Next Page button.
- To apply, complete the online form.
- The application's necessary materials should be uploaded.
- Select a time for your driving test.
- Pay the required fees, then await a confirmation.
Regarding Jamshedpur's two-wheeler licence online application, the procedure is unaltered.
Offline Driving Licence Jamshedpur
You can apply for a driving licence, without visiting the Sarathi website. To apply offline, here are the steps that you must follow.
- Get a driving licence application form from your local RTO.
- Fill out the form with the necessary information.
- Acquire copies of all the paperwork required for the application form.
- Send the application and supporting papers.
- The date and timing for your driving test should be chosen.
- Pay the required fees.
On passing the driving test successfully, you will receive the driving licence at your registered mailing address.
How to Get a Duplicate Driver’s Licence in Jamshedpur?
There is a possibility of damaging or losing, or misplacing your driving licence. In such cases, you can apply for a duplicate driving licence. You would need the following documents to apply for your driving licence application online Jamshedpur.
You need to submit age and address proof along with the LLD application form. If the original driving licence is lost, you need to file an FIR and submit a copy of the same along with a photocopy of the original driving licence.
If you do not wish to apply through the Sarathi website, you can apply offline for a duplicate driving licence. To do so, visit the nearest RTO, submit the above documents and pay the fees for a duplicate driving licence. Once the documents are verified, you will receive the driving licence.
The Jamshedpur driving licence renewal steps are easy to follow. An original driving licence is issued for a maximum tenure of 20 years. So, if your erstwhile license is 20 years old or you are 50 years old, then you would be required to renew your licence.
You can start the process for Jamshedpur driving licence renewal about 30 days prior to the expiry of the licence. For your driving licence renewal online at Jamshedpur, you need to visit the official website of https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/. Navigate through the website to renew your DL online. Opt for Jharkhand state for renewing your driving licence renewal online Jamshedpur and fill in your details. Selecting a lot, paying the necessary fees, etc., are a part of the entire process for renewing your Jamshedpur driving licence online.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Jamshedpur?
Getting an international driving licence is essential if you have been dreaming about driving abroad. By accessing the Sarathi website, you can submit an application for an international driving licence in Jamshedpur. Click Apply for International Driving Permit after choosing Jharkhand (IDP). For your driving licence application, fill out the form and attach any necessary supporting documentation.
How to Get a Commercial Driving Licence in Jamshedpur?
You can either opt for an online or offline application when it comes to a commercial driving licence in Jamshedpur.
- Submit an application form along with Form No. 2
- Submit a training certificate from a government driving institute and a Form 5
- Pass the test successfully and apply for a commercial driving licence
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Jamshedpur
In the process of applying for a driving licence, the driving test plays a crucial role. The RTO usually assigns an inspector who supervises the driving test. The inspector assesses the driving skills and knowledge of the applicant. And whether they are aware of the rules and regulations required to legally drive on Indian roads.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving Licence in Jamshedpur FAQs
1. How can I update or modify my email address for the driving licence in Jamshedpur?
You would need to visit the zonal office or Transport Department along with original documents.
2. Is there a way to find out my application number for any services?
Yes, you can visit the Sarathi website, select state and click on Find Application Number from the Others menu.
3. What to do if my driving licence is approved but not delivered?
You would need to contact the Jamshedpur RTO where you have applied for the licence in the same.
4. Can I print the learner’s licence from the Sarathi portal?
Yes, you can print a learner’s licence from the Sarathi portal.
5. What is the process to cancel an application?
Visit the Sarathi website, select State, click on Others and select Cancel Application.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More