Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Ranchi
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Ranchi was designated as the capital of Jharkhand, which was formed back on November 15, 2000, as a result of the Jharkhand movement. Since Ranchi became the capital city of Jharkhand, it has experienced a boom in growth and development, especially in the real estate industry and tourism. This page will focus on all the relevant details regarding the rules and regulations followed here while obtaining a driving licence (Sarathi), Ranchi.
Different types of Driving Licence in Ranchi
There are principally three types of driving licences in Ranchi:
- Driving licence for LMV or Light Motor Vehicles like bikes and cars with gears.
- Driving licence for bikes and motorcycles without gear like scooters.
- Driving licence for heavy motor vehicles like trailers, lorries, and trucks.
- Commercial vehicles such as buses.
- Two-wheelers with gear would include bikes.
- Two-wheelers without gears would include mopeds and scooty.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Ranchi?
To avail driving licence authentically in Ranchi, Jharkhand, you need to meet certain specific eligibility criteria:
- You need to be a holder of a learning licence Ranchi for a minimum of 30 days and within 180 days.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to hold a driving licence in Ranchi.
- For driving light motor vehicles of up to 50 cc capacity, you must attain at least 16 years of age.
- In Ranchi, you must reach the age of 20 to drive heavy commercial vehicles.
- You must be keenly aware of all the existing traffic rules and regulations.
What are the Documents Required to Apply for a Driving Licence in Ranchi?
To obtain a valid driving licence, you need to present certain documents. These documents include:
- An authentic learning licence Ranchi (Sarathi).
- Application Form No 4, for obtaining a driving licence.
- Application fees of INR 500 or INR 800.
- A valid age proof .
- Passport-size colour photograph.
- Application Form 5, for obtaining a commercial driving licence.
- Address and age-proof documents.
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Ranchi?
Applying for and obtaining a valid driving licence in Ranchi is easy and simple. You can avail of it both online and offline. All you need is to follow these few simple steps as explained here:
Online Driving Licence Ranchi
The entire procedure of driving licence application online, Ranchi, Jharkhand is quite easy to follow:
- First, the interested candidate must download the relevant application form from the official motor vehicle website of Jharkhand Motor Vehicles at jhtransport.gov.in/forms.html.
- Fill in the relevant details.
- Upload all the necessary documents.
- Then press “submit”.
You can also apply for a valid driving licence online, Ranchi, Jharkhand, using the Road Transport and Highways Ministry website at parivahan.gov.in/parivahan. To avail driving licence online,Ranchi, through this website, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/, the Sarathi Website.
- Select Jharkhand as your state of residence.
- Click Learner Licence to apply for a learner’s driving licence, then click Driving Licence to apply for a permanent driving permit.
- Click Continue on the next page.
- Fill in the online application form with the necessary information.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Choose a slot for your driving test.
- Pay the required amount.
Offline Driving Licence Ranchi
To avail driving licence through offline mode in Ranchi, you need to follow these few simple steps:
- Visit the nearest RTO.
- Collect the necessary application form and fill it with relevant details.
- Upload all the necessary documents and submit them along with the application form to the RTO.
- Pay the necessary application fees.
- Then you can book a convenient slot for a driving test.
- Then apply for the test at the designated time and date without fail.
If you pass the test, you will receive the driving licence via speed post within the next three days.
How to Get a Duplicate Driver’s Licence in Ranchi?
In Ranchi, Jharkhand, you can only obtain a duplicate DL (driving licence) if the driving licence is mutilated, stolen or lost. Under such circumstances, you can apply for a duplicate DL through the Sarathi portal following these steps:
- The form for availing of a duplicate DL
- Original driving licence
- If the licence is lost, you need an FIR copy before applying for the duplicate one
- The application fee is INR 350
Process for Obtaining a Duplicate Licence for Driving in Ranchi
You can download the duplicate driving licence form from the official motor vehicle website at jhtransport.gov.in/forms.html or through the official website of parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/. You can even directly apply at the nearest designated RTO. After downloading the form or online application, you must physically visit the RTO and submit the documents, which will be verified by the designated official at the RTO. After the verification process is over, you will receive the duplicate driving licence within the next three days through a speed post to your registered address.
Ranchi Driving licence Renewal
In Ranchi, the optimum validity of a driving licence is either 20 years of age or 50 years of age for the holder, whichever comes earlier. For Ranchi driving licence renewal online, you need the original driving licence, the application form 9 for renewing your driving licence, Form 1A and Form 1 and an application fee of INR 250.
You can complete the entire procedure online through the process of Ranchi driving licence renewal online, by filling out all the forms, paying the fee online, uploading all the documents, taking the printout of all the forms, and visiting the earnest RTO.
After all the documents are verified, you will receive the renewed licence via speed post within the next three days.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Ranchi?
To obtain an international driving licence in Ranchi, Jharkhand, you must follow a few simple steps, remembering that it remains valid for only one year. To apply for this, you need a valid passport, an authentic air ticket, a valid driving licence, a visa, five recent passport-size photographs, an application fee of INR 500, and application Form No 4A.
You can apply it both online and offline through the official motor vehicle website. After completing the verification process, you will receive your licence through speed post within the next three days.
What is the Process of Getting Commercial Driving in the City of Ranchi?
Like all other cities, if you are a resident of Ranchi, you can simply apply for a commercial driving licence to drive any type of commercial vehicle in Ranchi via online and offline procedures. Both processes would typically be the same, except for the mode of application.
To apply for a commercial driving licence online in Ranchi, all you need to do is to log in to the official website with your application Form no 4A along with the valid training certificate from any of the government-authorised driving institutes and your photograph and make a payment for booking the slot for a driving test.
For the offline procedure, you would simply need to visit the RTO of Ranchi, provide the same documents, fill up a physical form, and apply for the same to book a slot for the driving test. Once you clear the test, you will be eligible to receive a commercial driving licence in Ranchi.
What is the Process for Your Driving Test in Ranchi?
Since appearing for a physical driving test has been mandated by the Government, you would be required to appear in person to take the driving test in the presence of an invigilator along with your own vehicle. Now, you would be tested in two parameters:
- Your actual driving skills wherein you would be required to drive your own vehicle in front of the invigilator who would mark you on some basic traffic rules parameters, etc.
- Your knowledge of the actual traffic rules, which could be oral or written, as the case may be.
Once you clear both phases, your driving invigilator will process the scores. If you happen to pass in both the parameters, your driving licence would be issued from the state of Ranchi, which allows you to drive the specified type of vehicle anywhere within the Indian subcontinent. However, if you are unable to pass the test in one shot, you may appear for a re-test within 7 days to clear the same.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving Licence in Ranchi FAQs
1. What is the process for a two-wheeler licence online application Ranchi?
Visit the official motor vehicle website of the Ranchi, Jharkhand Transport Department and opt for a two-wheeler licence application. Upload the relevant documents and pass the test.
2. How to get a commercial driving licence in Ranchi?
For obtaining a commercial driving licence, you need to fill out the relevant application form, pay the necessary fee and appear for the test as all your documents are checked OK by the designated authorities.
3. What is the driving licence test procedure in Ranchi?
Once all the documents are verified, the candidate is asked to appear for a driving test. The candidate’s driving knowledge is verified during this test. If anyone fails this, he/she can reappear for it within seven days.
4. How do you know about the status of your driving licence in Ranchi?
You can visit the official motor vehicle website of the Jharkhand Transport Department to obtain a driving licence in Ranchi and enter your DOB and DL number and check the current status of the licence concerned.
5. How long does it take to issue a learner’s licence in Ranchi?
The learner’s licence is issued on the same day of application in Ranchi.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More