Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Ladakh
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
If you want to drive a vehicle on the road, then you need a driving licence in Ladakh. In this state, the driving licence application and approval process online are straightforward. The first thing to keep in mind is the process of driving licence online in Ladakh and how to apply for a driving licence online in Ladakh.
If you want to apply for a learner’s licence, you need to submit the required documents and prepare for the computer exam. You need to pass the virtual exam then you get a learner's licence, which has a validity of 6 months. After one month, you should go to the RTO and take a driving skill test. If you pass a driving skill test, you will get a permanent driving licence in Ladakh.
What are the Different Types of Driving licence (Saarthi) in Ladakh?
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Licence: These DLs are issues to people who drive pickup trucks, box trucks, taxis, trailers, etc.
- Light Motor Vehicle Licence: These DLs are issued to people who drive light motor vehicle, such as a car or a bike
- Medium Motor Vehicle Licence: These DLs are issued to people who drive medium/commercial vehicles such as delivery trucks, tempos, and minivans.
- Heavy Motor Vehicle Licence: These DLs are issued to people who drive heavy vehicles such as commercial trucks
- Motorcycle With Gear Licence: These DLs are issued to people who drive a motorcycle with gears
- Motorcycle Without Gear Licence: These DLs are issued to people who wish to drive motorcycles without gears, including scooters, mopeds, and vehicles not exceeding the limit of 50CC
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Obtaining Driving Licence in Ladakh?
- The applicant must be 18 years old.
- If the licence is commercial, the applicant should complete at least 20 years of age.
- Licence with an engine capacity of less than 50cc requires the applicant to be 16 years of age and more.
- The applicant must have a valid learning licence.
What are the Documents Required to Apply for a Driving Licence in Ladakh?
The following is a list of documents needed to apply for a driving licence in Ladakh:
- Three passport-sized photos
- Proof of a residential address
- Valid proof of age
- Application form
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Ladakh?
As per the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, every vehicle must be insured with a valid motor insurance plan. Following is the procedure to apply for a driving licence in Ladakh:
- Visit the Parivahan website- https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/.
- Click on the type of licence you are applying for, say permanent licence.
- Now fill out the application form and ensure that the details are correct.
- Submit the application form and keep the application number saved for further use.
- Next, upload the required document.
- Upload the photo and signature.
- Follow the further instructions and proceed to payment.
- Once the payment is made, schedule a suitable time for the driving test.
How to Apply for a Duplicate Driving Licence in Ladakh?
A person can get a duplicate driving licence in Ladakh from any RTO office if their licence is stolen, lost, or destroyed. The applicant needs to submit the following documents:
- INR 250 as application fees
- A copy of the FIR is required in case the licence is stolen
- Proof of age and domicile documents
- If the licence is damaged, bring along a copy of the original
A duplicate DL in Ladakh can be availed online or offline.
How to Get a Driving Licence Renewal in Ladakh?
After your licence expires, you get a 30-day grace period. A renewal application must be received at least one month before the licence's expiration date. If an application is late for more than five years beyond the licence's expiration date, the applicant must complete all the necessary paperwork to receive a new licence. To renew a driver's licence, apply to the Licensing Authority with the required documents:
- Form 1A (Medical Certificate for Transport Vehicles)
- Prescribed fees
- Details of the old DL
A renewed DL in Ladakh can be availed online or offline.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Ladakh?
Any individual staying in India requires to apply for an international driving licence conveniently online on the website of Road Transport and Highway. The process of availing an international driving licence in Ladakh can be found above. For this, you will need the following documents:
- Passport-size photographs
- Attested copy of permanent DL
- Attested copy of address proof
- Attested copy of the visa
- Attested copy of passport
- Nationality proof
- Medical Form 1-A
How to Avail a Commercial Driving Licence in Ladakh?
You can get a commercial driving licence in Ladakh through the online or offline process mentioned above. For availing of a commercial driving licence (Saarthi) in Ladakh, you need the following documents:
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- Form 2
- Form 1A
- Form 5
- Passport-sized photos
How to Check Driving Licence Status in Ladakh?
If you have applied for a licence through the Saarthi website and want to check the driving licence status in Ladakh, please follow the steps below:
- Open the website- https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Select online services from the menu
- Select your state
- Select application status
- Fill out the application number, DOB, and complete the captcha
- Finally, click on the submit button, and the application status will be displayed on the screen
What’s the Driving Licence Test Procedure in Ladakh?
During your driving test, an officer will be present in person and will extensively assess your driving ability. This would be followed by a licence test in which you'll be quizzed on traffic laws and regulations. Following that, the Ladakh RTO will determine if you passed your driving test. Remember that your driver's licence is also a legal form of identification, identified by the Indian government. The fact that you have this document proves that you are qualified and authorized to drive all across India.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving License in Haryana FAQs
1. Can I keep my learner's permit for longer than six months?
No, you will need to apply for a permanent driver's licence after the validity of your current one expires.
2. Can I drive a car with a two-wheeler licence in Ladakh?
No, driving a vehicle for which you do not have a licence is illegal.
3. If I wish to drive commercial cars, what licence in Ladakh will I need?
You need a commercial licence within the HGMV or HPMY category in Ladakh.
4. What is the fee for renewing a driving licence on a Smart Card in Ladakh?
For renewing a driving licence on a Smart Card, you will have to pay a fee of INR 250.
5. What is the fine for drunken driving in Ladakh?
For drunken driving, you will have to pay INR 10,000 as a fine.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More