Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Srinagar
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
If you are looking to tour Srinagar by road, you require a valid driving licence (DL). Driving with a valid DL has been made mandatory by the State Vehicle Department of Srinagar. The driving licence is issued by the Regional Transport Authority of Jammu & Kashmir.
Apart from permanent driving licences, there are many other licences availed by people living in Srinagar. All of them have different eligibility criteria, documentation requirements, and processes. Below, we will be looking into the various types of driving licence in Srinagar and all the other details related to them.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Srinagar
- Motorcycle with gear and without gear: Issued for people who wish to ride a two-wheeler with or without gear.
- Heavy & Medium goods vehicle: Issued for people who wish to drive a heavy motor vehicle for transportation of goods and or passengers.
- Heavy & Medium passenger vehicle: Issued for people who wish to drive a heavy motor vehicle for passengers.
- Road roller licence: Given to road roller drivers
- Light motor vehicle: Licence given to people driving light motor vehicles
- Motor vehicle of a specified description: Given to a person driving a motor vehicle of a specified description
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Srinagar?
- For a permanent driving licence in Srinagar, the applicant should be 18 years or above.
- The applicant must be at least 16 years old or above. (for a learner’s licence)
- The applicant must be at least 20 years old, for a transport vehicle driving licence in Srinagar.
- Knowledge about traffic rules of the area
What Documents are Required to Apply for DL in Srinagar?
The following documents must be submitted for availing of a driving licence in Srinagar:
- Age proof and address proof
- Photos (passport-sized)
- Valid learner’s licence
- Form 4
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Srinagar?
- Online method: For applying through the online method, one needs to visit RTOs website and click on ‘Online Services.’ Now, click on 'Driving Licence-Related Services' and choose the state as Jammu & Kashmir. Now, select the driving licence you are looking for and fill up the online form. Once you upload all the documents, pay the application fee online through the provided modes.
- Offline method: For applying through the offline method, you need to visit the nearest RTO office. Collect the application form and fill it out. Now, submit the documents to the office. Book a date for the driving test after paying the application fee.
How to Obtain a Duplicate Driving Licence in Srinagar?
You would require the following documents for obtaining a duplicate driving licence in Srinagar online or offline:
- Copy of the original DL
- Licence Number
- Application Form 1
- Application form LLD
- If stolen, a copy of the FIR
- Attested copies of the documents photocopied by a gazetted officer or a notary public
How to Obtain a Renewed Driving Licence in Srinagar?
The following documents are required for Srinagar driving licence renewal online or offline:
- Age proof
- Address proof
- Passport size photographs
- Application Form 9
- Form 1A
- Copy of DL
- Receipt of application fee
How to Obtain an International Driving Licence in Srinagar?
International Driving Licences can be availed in Srinagar, online or offline. They have a validity period of one year. Documents required for obtaining an international driving licence in Srinagar are as follows:
- Passport-size photographs
- Copy of permanent DL
- Copy of address proof
- Copy of the visa and passport
- Proof of Indian nationality
How to Obtain a Commercial Driving Licence in Srinagar?
You can get a commercial driving licence in Srinagar through the online or offline process. For availing the same, you need the following documents:
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- Form 2
- Form 1A
- Form 5
- Passport-sized photos
How to Check Driving Licence Status in Srinagar?
After applying for a driving licence in Srinagar, you can check the application status by visiting the official website for Parivahan Sewa. Adhere to the steps given below:
- Navigate to the website and click on online services.
- Now, find and click on driving licence-related services and choose your city as Srinagar.
- Click on 'Apply Online’ followed by ‘Application Status.’
- Complete the given fields with accurate information and the captcha.
- Click on 'Submit,' and your application status will be displayed.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Srinagar
You have to take a driving licence test in Srinagar, conducted by a motor vehicle inspector. An online test is also conducted, which must be qualified by every applicant. The test will consist of 10 questions, out of which the applicant will have to answer at least six questions correctly for qualifying.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving Licence in Srinagar FAQs
1. Do I need to arrange for a vehicle for taking the driving licence test in Srinagar?
Yes, you would have to arrange for a vehicle to take the driving licence test in Srinagar.
2. Is a medical certificate necessary for availing a learner’s licence in Srinagar?
No, you do not have to submit a medical certificate for obtaining a learner’s licence in Srinagar.
3. Will I have to submit notarized document copies for a duplicate DL in Srinagar?
You have to submit notarized copies of all the documents for a duplicate DL in Srinagar.
4. What is the official website of Saarthi?
You can visit the official website of Saarthi by clicking on https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/stateSelection.do.
5. What is the grace period for DL renewal in Srinagar?
The grace period for DL renewal in Srinagar is 30 days.
Recent ArticlesView All
Read this article to learn the most common reasons why car insurance claims are denied and the factors you sho...Read More
It's easy to get Future Generali Car Insurance, which may help you in case of an accident. Read this to know a...Read More
ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy is a feature-rich policy offering many benefits like 50% NCB,...Read More
This comparison article covers all the essential factors to consider when deciding to stay with or leave your...Read More
Confused about what to choose from the available car insurance options? Check this comprehensive guide to know...Read More
Many commit errors when filing a car insurance claim and receive painful claim application rejections. So, lea...Read More