One of the best features of Bajaj Allianz car insurance is a cashless claim settlement, whereby customers can move their insured vehicles to one of the motor mechanic garages listed in their car insurance policy and pay only a nominal amount as deductible and not the total repair costs. Let's check how the Bajaj Allianz cashless car insurance claim settlement works in favour of the insured.
Bajaj Allianz has tied up with several motor mechanic garages across various locations in India for cashless claim settlement. Suppose the car meets with an accident and is damaged; the driver will need to inform Bajaj Allianz and call the nearest listed garage. After the relevant inspection formalities, the mechanics will pick up the car from the accident site and begin the repair work. The pickup from the accident or breakdown site facility is only available to customers with a road assistance cover.
During the car repair, Bajaj Allianz will authenticate the customer's claim, and when the car is ready for delivery after repair, they will also have processed the claim and be prepared to pay the repair bills.
As the insured does not spend money on repairs, such claim settlements are cashless.
Bajaj Allianz–How to Raise Claims for Cashless Settlements
The insured can maximize the benefits of Bajaj Allianz car insurance if they are prompt in filing their claims for settlements. Here are the steps to follow when raising a Bajaj Allianz cashless claim settlement:
Inform Bajaj Allianz ASAP
The policyholder must inform Bajaj Allianz and register a claim for the theft of his car or damage to the vehicle in an accident as soon as possible. If the insured is unaware of the claim filing procedure, they must call the Bajaj Allianz customer care number. The executives are always happy to guide the customers to register their cashless car insurance claim requests.
Provision of Relevant Information and Documents
The Bajaj Allianz car insurance claim form must provide the necessary information and documents for the adequate settlement of claims. Be accurate with the following details:
- The vehicle's chassis and the engine number are its identities, and the insured should write the same on the claim form.
- The claim form must also state the date and time of the accident.
- The insured must share details concerning the precise location of the accident site.
- The insured must provide the car's current location for the inspectors to come and inspect it.
- Write down the kilometre reading in the claim form.
- In case of the theft of the vehicle or a third party involved in the accident, the insured must also submit a duplicate copy of the FIR.
Cashless Claim Settlements
The insured must submit all the relevant documents and claim forms with all the above information to the garage that repairs the car. They will present the claim settlement papers to the insurance provider.
The car insurance provider will then verify the documents and information and process the papers, and, upon approval, pay the garage directly. The insured must pay the excess amount of the repair costs if it exceeds the car insurance coverage limit.
If the insurance provider is not satisfied with the submission and the inspector's report is not in favour of the insured, the claim will get rejected, and the insured will have to bear the cost of repairs.
Bajaj Allianz – Rejection of Claim Settlements
Bajaj Allianz may reject the claim settlements of their customers if:
- The person was driving without a valid driving licence.
- The insured delayed informing Bajaj Allianz after the theft or damage in a vehicle accident.
- The car insurance policy is lapsed or expired.
- The number of passengers in the car exceeded the limit.
- There were legal violations, such as parking in a no-parking zone when the vehicle was damaged.
- The car owner did not regularly service the vehicle.
- Delay in filing claim settlements.
- If the information on the claim settlement form is inaccurate.
- The insured did not update the insurer on the necessary repairs to the insured vehicle.
The primary objective of a person investing in car insurance is to get maximum benefits during claim settlements. The Bajaj Allianz car insurance policy with the cashless claim settlement facility is an excellent opportunity for customers to get their car repaired at the best garages by professional mechanics. Furthermore, they do not have to arrange the funds to cover the repair cost. Bajaj Allianz authorizes a wide range of cashless garages that customers can easily find, making it easy to settle their claims.
Read more -