Have you been searching for car insurance from one of the leading insurance companies? Your search ends at Reliance General Insurance, a flagship company of Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group.
Incorporated in August 2000, the company offers Reliance car insurance policies that provide financial aid in the event of your car's damage, theft, own damage, third-party claims, and partial or complete irreparable loss due to manmade or natural calamities.
The premium costs are competitive and adequately incentivised by voluntary deductibles and a no-claim bonus (NCB). You can enhance the scope of insurance coverage by selecting add-ons for your specific requirements.
Reliance maintains an extensive network of cashless garages spread across India. The Reliance Self-i app makes it possible to figure out the closest cashless garage through GPS technology. The support staff is friendly and earnestly extends all possible help to expedite the claim registration and settlement process.
Types of Reliance General Car Insurance Policies
Reliance General offers three types of insurance coverage for your car:
1. Comprehensive Car Insurance
Reliance comprehensive car insurance plan protects against losses or damage to your car and third-party liabilities. The losses covered include the ones arising from accidents, theft, vandalism, terrorism, natural disasters, lightning strike, storms, explosions, etc.
You also get INR 15 lakhs personal accident cover.
2. Own Car Damage Insurance
Under Reliance own damage car insurance, you are covered for accidental damage and losses to the insured car owing to manmade or natural calamities. The insurer bears your car's repair and replacement cost up to the limit specified through insured declared value (IDV).
3. Third-party Car Insurance
Reliance will compensate a third party who dies, gets injured, becomes physically impaired, or suffers property damage due to a collision with your car. Reliance third party car insurance also takes care of the legal expenses involved in claim settlement before the tribunal.
Car Insurance Add-ons Offered by Reliance
Check out 7 Reliance car insurance add-ons to enhance the scope of coverage of your standard car insurance policy:
1. Total Return to Invoice
Return to invoice car insurance add-on compensates you in the event of a total loss, constructive total loss or theft claims. You are reimbursed for the following:
- The actual invoice value of the car
- Registration fee
- Road tax
- Insurance premiums paid to date
2. EMI Protection Cover
Reliance will waive off a maximum of 3 EMIs if your car is under repair in any network garage for 21 or more days (in multiples of 21).
The first EMI is waived off after 21 days, whereas the second is waived off after 42 days of the car in the network garage.
3. Nil Depreciation Cover
Your car's market value keeps decreasing with usage and age, reducing car insurance coverage value. This car insurance add-on shields you against value depreciation due to normal wear and tear of car components. It also reimburses you the total value of parts replaced during damage repairs.
4. Engine Protection Cover
Engine protection car insurance add-on allows free repair of gearbox or engine if they have broken down due to:
- Ingression of water during heavy rainfall, flooding, etc.
- Lubrication oil leakage and subsequent spillage in the engine
5. NCB Retention Cover
You become eligible for NCB in car insurance renewal if you haven't made any claims on the policy during the last year. Even a single claim will cancel your NCB.
This cover allows you to claim an NCB discount on insurance premiums even if you have made any previous claims.
6. Daily Allowance Benefit
This add-on entitles you to a daily allowance for expenses incurred on travel or commute to Reliance's network garage, where your car is being repaired. Your car's repair period must be more than three days. Expenses are paid from the fourth day until your vehicle is certified fit for driving.
7. Return to Invoice
If your car is stolen or irreparably damaged in an accident, you are entitled to an amount equal to the IDV from the insurer. The present market value of your vehicle is determined after deducting depreciation. Hence, it is always lesser than the value you had paid for purchasing the car.
Return to invoice car insurance add-on pays you the difference between the invoiced value of the car and the IDV in the event of total loss or theft.
Cashless Garages of Reliance Car Insurance
Reliance General Insurance maintains an extensive network of 8200+ authorised garages across India. If your car meets with an accident, you need to drive it or get it towed to the nearest garage.
After you inform Reliance of the mishap, the company's personnel will take care of all the formalities in coordination with the garage.
You can avail of quick and cashless repairs in such network garages. If you want to locate a cashless garage, visit the official website of Reliance General Insurance.
Alternatively, you can download and log into the self-i app to locate the nearest network garage.
Read more - How Cashless Garages Work?
Key Advantages of Purchasing Reliance Car Insurance
Reliance car insurance policy offers you a host of exclusive benefits outlined below:
- An extensive network of cashless garages (8200+ across India).
- After an accident, the policyholder is allowed to register a claim based on self-inspection by uploading a video of the damaged car through Reliance's Self-i App.
- Car towing expenses, up to a maximum of INR 1500, are reimbursed by Reliance.
- Appreciably high claim settlement ratio of 98%.
- Network garages closest to you can be located through the Self-i app.
- Car insurance renewal can be done in a few clicks from any device.
- A discount on renewal premiums is offered if you are a member of a recognised automobile association.
- Installation of an anti-theft device in the car entitles you to an additional discount on the premium.
Quick and Hassle-free Claim Settlement Process
The process of registering a car insurance claim after an accident is easy and has been outlined below:
- Upload your self-inspection video through the Self-i App or call (022) 4890 3009 (paid number).
- Submit all relevant documents like car registration number, car insurance policy number, evidential photographs, car details, driving licence, etc., at the nearest office of Reliance General Insurance.
- The authorised surveyor will inspect your car and prepare and submit his report for claim approval.
- Once approved and subject to the availability of all relevant documents, the claim shall be settled quickly.
Reliance General Insurance has lived up to its exalted brand name by consistently maintaining a claim settlement ratio of 98%. It offers the best-in-class car insurance policies that come with a host of features and peerless customer service.
Read more -