Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Vijayawada
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The government of India issues a mandatory document called a driving licence (saarthi) to every vehicle owner who runs his vehicle on roads. Only after obtaining a valid saarthi, the vehicle owner is allowed to run vehicles on the road.
In India, Vijayawada city is the second-largest city of Andhra Pradesh state. The driving licence is issued by the Vijayawada Regional Transport Authority (RTA) or Regional Transport Office (RTO). The Vijayawada RTO is established to perform and comply with all the rules and regulations laid down in the MVA, 1988.
Different Types of Driving Licence (Saarthi) in Vijayawada?
Here are the types of driving licences issued by the Vijayawada RTO-
- Light Motor Vehicle- This kind of licence is issued to individuals for driving light motor vehicles including cars, and bikes.
- Medium Motor Vehicle- Applicable to those who wish to drive commercial or medium such as trucks and vans.
- Heavy Motor Vehicle- For heavy motor vehicles such as commercial trucks are covered under this category.
- Commercial Motor Vehicle- For commercial taxis, trailers, pickup trucks, etc. come under this category of driving licence.
- Motorcycles without Gear- This type of licence is issued to individuals for driving motorcycles without gear like mopeds and scooters which has a cc of not more than 50.
- Motorcycles with Gear- Vehicles having a capacity of more than 50 cc are covered under this type of driving licence.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Vijayawada?
People who are looking to obtain DL in Vijayawada must look at the below eligibility criteria-
- An individual must be above the age of 18 years to obtain a driving licence for a light motor vehicle and 20 years for a heavy motor vehicle.
- The applicant should be above the age of 16 years to obtain a driving license for motor vehicles without gear.
What are the Documents Required to Apply for Driving Licence in Vijayawada?
An applicant must submit the below list of documents to acquire a DL-
- Duly filled Application Form 4
- Duly filled Application Form 5- applicable for commercial DL
- Four passport-size photographs
- Copy of Aadhar card, PAN card, birth certificate, LIC policy bond, educational certificate, etc.
- Application fee of INR 200
How to Apply For Driving Licence in Vijayawada?
Both online and offline modes are available for applying to obtain a DL. The individual can opt for either of the two as per his convenience-
Online process –
- Visit the website of the Andhra Pradesh Motor Vehicles Department.
- Click on “licence” tab
- Select “permanent driving licence”
- Enter details regarding the learner's licence
- Enter DOB
- Upload scanned documents
- The last step is booking a slot for the DL test selecting an appropriate time and date
- Appear for it at the scheduled time
Offline process- You only need to visit Vijayawada RTO to get the offline process done. You will be required to file the application form and submit it along with all the necessary documents mentioned in an online process. Within a few days, the licence will be posted at your doorstep.
How to Acquire a Duplicate Driving Licence in Vijayawada?
You need to obtain a duplicate DL in the cases where the original DL is lost or stolen. Follow the below steps to obtain a duplicate DL-
- Duly filled application form- LLD
- Original DL details
- FIR copy (stolen case)
- Photographs- passport-sized (3)
How to Renew Driving Licence in Vijayawada?
An Individual must obtain renewal for the DL after crossing 50 years of age or 20 years of holding licence is passed, whichever is earlier. If you wish to continue driving on roads in an illegal manner, you must apply for renewal of the DL in India.
Documents Required for Renewal-
- Photographs- passport sized (3)
- Duly filled Application Form-9
- Medical certificate
- Physical fitness form- 1 &1A
- Application fee of INR 200
- In case the application is made after the grace period- INR 300 is applicable
Obtaining an International Driving Licence in Vijayawada
International DL is applicable for both the persons who wish to drive in foreign or foreigners driving in India. Submit documents to obtain an international DL-
- Duly filled Application Form- 4A
- Application fee of INR 1000 is applicable
- Passport size photographs- 3
- Driving licence
How to Check a Driving Licence in Vijayawada:
You can check your DL status by visiting the official website of Vijayawada. You can complete the checking status online within a few minutes. In case you are not so tech-savvy, you can also visit the nearest Jayanagar RTO.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Vijayawada
A DL test is conducted to check the driving ability of the applicants. DL is only issued after the applicant has passed the test. It is mandatory to go through the DL test as per the provisions of the MVA, 1988. The applicant must possess knowledge of all traffic rules to get a valid DL. In a case where the applicant fails the test, he/she can reappear after 7 days from the previous test date.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
FAQs on How to Get a Driving Licence in Vijayawada
1. In how many days I can make an application for a driving licence?
Application for a DL can only be made after 30 days or before 180 days from the date of issuance of the learner’s licence.
2. What is the official website of the Andhra Pradesh transportation department?
www.aptransport.org is the official website of the AP Motor Vehicle Department.
3. How can I prepare for the DL test in Vijayawada RTO?
You need to have a command for both practical and theoretical portions under which your basic driving ability will be tested.
4. How much time does Vijaywada RTO take to issue DLs?
Generally, it takes 2 to 3 weeks to get it delivered to your place. You can also check your status from time to time on the website.
5. What is the validity of an international DL?
It is valid up to 1 year from the date of issue.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More