Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Bhilai
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Based on the requirements of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, a person must apply for a driving licence at any authorized RTO, which is responsible for the development and management of the city's transportation infrastructure. If you are looking to drive a motor vehicle in the city of Bhilai, a valid driving licence is a mandatory requirement. If caught without a driving licence, the Bhilai transport authority has the right to impose a hefty fine and, in some cases, even imprison you. Let us look at the types and processes of driving licence issuance in Bhilai.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Bhilai
Based on what type of vehicle an individual is willing to drive, the following are the various types of driving licence in Bhilai.
- Light Motor Vehicle Licence: For light motor vehicles such as a car or a bike
- Medium Motor Vehicle Licence: For medium/commercial vehicles such as tempos, delivery trucks, etc.
- Heavy Motor Vehicle Licence: For heavy vehicles such as commercial trucks, etc.
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Licence: For commercial vehicles like box trucks, pickup trucks, etc.
- Motorcycle With Gear Licence: For motorcycles with gears, including mopeds, scooters, and vehicles under 50CC
- Motorcycle Without Gear Licence: For driving a motorcycle without gears
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail a Driving Licence in Bhilai?
For an individual to obtain a driving licence in Bhilai, the RTO has defined the following eligibility criteria:
- Age requirement is 18 years for a light motor vehicle licence.
- To get a commercial licence, an individual must be 20 years old.
- A person must be 16 years old to operate a motor vehicle without gear with an engine capacity of less than 50CC.
- After 30 days or within 180 days from the date of granting of the learning licence, driving licence in Bhilai can be applied for.
- Proper knowledge of traffic rules in Bhilai
What are the Documents Required to Apply for a Driving Licence in Bhilai?
Following documents are required for a driving licence in Bhilai:
- Learning licence
- Application Form 4
- Form-5 to obtain a commercial DL
- INR 200 as application fee
- INR 50 as driving test fee
- 3 passport-sized photos
- Address and age proof
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Bhilai?
A driving licence in Bhilai can be applied through online or offline methods given below.
- Online method: Visit the website of the Bhilai RTO and click on 'Driving licence related services.' Now, click on the 'Apply Online' tab and select 'New Driving Licence.' Submit the filled-in form and the documents, along with the online fee. Lastly, schedule a date for the driving test.
- Offline method: Visit the Bhilai RTO office to collect the application form. Fill the form, submit the documents and pay the fee. Lastly, book a slot for the driving test.
How to Avail a Duplicate Driving Licence in Bhilai?
Following the instructions below, you can be eligible for a duplicate driving licence in Bhilai:
- Copy of FIR if the licence has been stolen
- Application fee
- Address and age proof
- Copy of original driving licence
- Form 1 and LLD
You can avail a duplicate driving licence in Bhilai through the online or offline methods mentioned above.
How to Avail a Renewed Driving Licence in Bhilai?
Renewal of a driver's licence in Bhilai is required when the original licence expires.
Documents needed for a renewed driver's licence in Bhilai are as follows:
- Address and age proof (self-attested)
- Photocopies of passport-size photos
- Expired DL copy
- Forms 1 and 1A, and application form 9
You can get a renewed DL in Bhilai by following the online or offline process mentioned above.
How to Avail an International Driving Licence in Bhilai?
Whoever intends to drive a motor vehicle in another country can obtain an international driving licence in Bhilai.
Documents needed to obtain an international driving licence in Bhilai are as follows:
- Valid passport and visa
- Age and address proof
- Application Form 4A
- INR 1000 as application fee
You can get an international DL in Bhilai by following the online or offline process mentioned above.
How to Avail a Commercial Driving Licence in Bhilai?
To avail a commercial DL, you need to submit the following documents:
- Identity and address proof
- Form 2, Form 1A, and Form 5
- Copies of passport-sized photos
You can avail a commercial driving licence (Saarthi) in Bhilai through online or offline method mentioned above.
How to Check Driving Licence in Bhilai?
For checking the status of your driving licence (Saarthi) in Bhilai online, use the following steps:
- Visit the Saarthi website and navigate towards 'Driving Licence Related Services.'
- Choose your state and click on 'Apply Online.'
- Click on ‘Application Status’.
- Enter the required details along with the Captcha.
- Click on 'Submit.'
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Bhilai
Every applicant has to undergo a driving test to get a valid driving licence in Bhilai. The applicant must bring a vehicle of the exact specifications for which they are applying for the licence. The driving test in Bhilai is done in the presence of a Motor Vehicles Inspector who analyses the applicants driving skills as per rule 15 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. Applicants also have to take an online test. If the applicants fail the tests, they have seven days to retake them.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
FAQs on How to Get a Driving Licence in Bhilai
1. What is the validity of an international driver's licence issued in Bhilai?
An international driving licence in Bhilai has a validity of 1 year.
2. If my original DL was issued by the Bhilai RTO, can I get a copy from elsewhere in India?
You can apply and get a copy for a duplicate DL online anywhere in India.
3. Can I drive a light motor vehicle in Bhilai with my commercial driver's licence?
You cannot drive a light motor vehicle with a commercial licence. For this, you can change your commercial driving licence to that for a light motor vehicle.
4. When should a DL granted in Bhilai be renewed?
The driving licence in Bhilai is required to be renewed every 5 years.
5. Is it possible for me to send someone else to take the DL test in Bhilai?
No, applicants themselves need to take the DL test.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More