Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Bilaspur
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Bilaspur transportation department follows the norms and regulations of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The Bilaspur Regional Transport Office is in charge of providing various transportation-related services in the city. If you want to operate a vehicle in the city, you need a driving licence.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Bilaspur
The following are the many types of driver's licences that are issued in Bilaspur:
- Driving licence issued for a motorcycle with gear: Issued to people who want to drive motorcycles with gear.
- Driving licence issued for a motorcycle without gear: Issued to people who want to ride bikes without gear, such as scooters or mopeds.
- Driving licence issued for a light motor vehicle: Issued to people who want to drive light motor vehicles and motorcycles equipped with gear.
- Driving licence issued for a medium motor vehicle: Issued to people who want to drive medium motor vehicles.
- Driving licence issued for a heavy motor vehicle: Issued to people who want to drive heavy motor vehicles.
- Driving licence issued for commercial/ transport vehicles: Issued to people who drive transport or commercial vehicles such as cabs, trucks, trailers, etc.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Bilaspur?
The Bilaspur Regional Transport Department has compiled a list of requirements to get a driving licence in Bilaspur.
- The applicant must be 16 years old for a DL for a 50CC engine vehicle.
- The applicant for a driver's licence for a private (non-transport) car must be at least 18 years old.
- The applicant for a commercial (carrier) vehicle driver's licence must be 20 years old.
- The applicant must first have a learner's permit.
- After 30 days or within 180 days of getting a learner's licence, the applicant can apply for a permanent driving licence in Bilaspur.
What are the Documents Required to Apply for a Driving Licence in Bilaspur?
The following is a list of documentation that must be submitted to receive a driver's licence in Bilaspur:
- Form 4
- Form 5
- Certificate of good health
- A valid learner's permit
- Passport-sized photos
- INR 200 for a smart card DL
- INR 50 for an additional class to the DL
- If the candidate is over the age of 50, a medical certificate 1A is required
How To Apply for a Driving Licence in Bilaspur?
To apply for a DL online in Bilaspur, follow the steps given below.
- Go to parivahan.gov.in.
- Select ‘Online Services' and then 'Driver's Licence-Related Services' from the drop-down menu.
- Choose ‘Apply Online’
- Enter your state's name
- Fill in the applicant's information
- Documents should be uploaded
- Make a reservation for the driver's licence exam
- Make the required payments
- To take the DL test, go to the RTO
- The driver's licence will be issued if you pass the test
How to Get a Duplicate Driving Licence in Bilaspur?
To get a duplicate driver's licence in Bilaspur, an individual needs the following documents.
- If the applicant has lost his original driver's licence, he must submit an application form LLD FIR copy.
- Documents with verification of age and address
- Fees for applications that are applicable
An application form can be obtained from the RTO office or downloaded online at cgtransport.org/CGTS/page/forms.htm. The applicant must complete and apply to the RTO office.
How to Get a Driving Licence Renewed in Bilaspur?
In Bilaspur, you'll need the following documents to renew your driver's licence.
- 9 passport-sized photographs
- Application form 9
- Form 1A
- Medical certificate
- Physical fitness in form 1
- Fees for submitting an application
The renewal of a driver's licence in Bilaspur is a simple process, as the applicant can apply online at parivahan.gov.in or in person at the RTO office.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Bilaspur?
Individuals who intend to operate a motor vehicle in another country must obtain an International Driving Licence. This form of licence, on the other hand, is only issued based on genuine documentation.
Documents needed to get an international driver's licence in Bilaspur:
- Authentic driver's licence
- Passport and visa must be valid.
- INR 1000 application fee is required
- Form 4A application
The applicant can apply for an international driving licence in Bilaspur either online at parivahan.gov.in or in person at the RTO office. After the applicant's paperwork has been confirmed by the RTO office, he will be awarded an IDP in Bilaspur.
How to Check Driving Licence Status in Bilaspur?
For checking the status of your driving licence in Bilaspur, make sure to follow the steps given below:
- Visit Parivahan Sewa's official website online
- Click on ‘Driving Licence Related Services’ under the ‘Online Services’ tab
- Select your state
- Click on the tab ‘Application Status’
- Fill in the required information
- Submit the form
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Bilaspur
In Bilaspur, a driving licence test is conducted in accordance with Rule 15 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The test is conducted before a Motor Vehicles Inspector, who evaluates the applicant's driving abilities. For the exam, the applicant must bring their own vehicle. The applicant receives a driver's licence after completing the test. If the applicant fails the test, they will have seven days to retake it.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
FAQs on How to Get a Driving Licence in Bilaspur
1. How Long Does a Learner's Permit Given in Bilaspur Last?
A learner's permit obtained in Bilaspur is valid for six months.
2. In Bilaspur, Can I Check the Status of My Driving Licence Offline?
In Bilaspur, one can check the status of his driver's licence both offline and online. To verify the status of a driver's licence offline, the applicant must go to the RTO and inquire about it.
3. Is a Bilaspur Driver's Licence Valid Across India?
Yes, a driving licence granted in Bilaspur is valid all over India.
4. Why is a Medical Certificate Needed to Get a Driver's Licence in Bilaspur?
A medical certificate is required to assess if the applicant is medically fit to operate a motor vehicle in Bilaspur.
5. Is it Compulsory to Renew my Driving Licence in Bilaspur?
If you want to continue driving on Indian roads, you must renew your driving licence.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More