Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Ahmedabad
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
A driving licence is a necessary document you need to carry to drive a vehicle across India under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. A driving licence is issued after it is certified that you can drive a vehicle. Regional Transport Authority of Ahmedabad issues driving licence to the citizens.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Ahmedabad
There are different types of driving licence (Saarthi) in Ahmedabad depending upon the type of vehicle you drive are as follows:
- Driving licence for Motorcycle: It is issued for motor vehicles without gear such as scooters and mopeds.
- Driving licence for Light Vehicle: It is issued to lightweight motor vehicle riders such as for cars, bikes, etc.
- Driving licence for light passenger vehicle: This driving licence is issued to lightweight passenger vehicles such as auto-rickshaws, jeeps, vans, etc.
- Driving licence for medium passenger vehicle: It is issued to medium load passenger vehicles such as tempos, minivans, etc.
- A driving licence for heavy goods vehicles is issued for heavy motor vehicles.
- Driving licence for heavy passenger vehicle: Issued for heavy vehicles such as buses.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Ahmedabad?
To obtain a driving licence (Saarthi) in Ahmedabad, you need to adhere to the following conditions:
- An applicant must be 18 years old or above for a permanent driving licence (Saarthi) in Ahmedabad.
- For a transport vehicle driving licence in Ahmedabad, the applicant must be 20 years old.
- A valid learner's permit is mandatory to obtain a permanent driver's licence.
- You must have your learner’s licence for at least 30 days for applying for a permanent DL.
- Applicants must have a complete understanding of traffic laws.
What are the Documents Required to Apply for a Driving Licence in Ahmedabad?
The following documents are required for availing of a driving licence in Ahmedabad:
- Age Proof: Aadhar card, Voters ID, passport, etc.
- Address Proof: PAN card, birth certificate, SSC certificate, etc.
- Passport-size photographs
- Valid learner’s licence
- Application Form 4
- Application Form 2
While submitting the form for a driving licence in Ahmedabad, applicants must pay INR 200 as the application fee and an additional INR 50 for each category vehicle.
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Ahmedabad?
Applicants can apply for a driving licence (Saarthi) in Ahmedabad online and offline.
How to Apply for a Driving Licence Online in Ahmedabad?
- Go to parivahan.gov.in/
- Select ‘Driving Licence-Related Services’ from the online services menu
- Choose your state's name
- Fill in all the required fields
- Upload the documents online
- Pay the online fees
- Book a date for a driving licence test
How to Apply for a Driving Licence Offline in Ahmedabad?
- Visit the RTO in your area
- Collect the application form in person
- Submit the duly filled form and the supporting documentation to the RTO office
- Book a date for a driving licence test
- To get your driver's licence in Ahmedabad, you must pass the driving licence exam
How to Avail a Duplicate Driving Licence in Ahmedabad?
You can obtain a duplicate driving licence by following a similar procedure as the driving licence. You would require the following additional documents for a duplicate driving licence (Saarthi) in Ahmedabad:
- Copy of the original DL
- Application form LLD
- Copy of FIR (if stolen)
- Address and age proof
You need to apply for the duplicate driving licence within six months of the loss or the damage of the original driving licence. If you fail to meet the deadline, you will have to seek permission from the headquarters of the Gujarat Transport Department.
How to Renew Driving Licence in Ahmedabad?
Applicants are required to provide the following documents to renew their driving licence (Saarthi) Ahmedabad:
- Self-attested age proof
- Self-attested address proof
- Application form
- Copy of the expired DL
You can obtain a renewed driving licence by following a similar procedure as the driving licence.
How to Avail an International Driving Licence in Ahmedabad?
Applicants need to provide the following documents for obtaining an international driving licence in Ahmedabad:
- Passport-sized photos
- Attested copy of the permanent DL
- Attested copy of visa
- Attested copy of passport
- You can obtain an international driving licence in Ahmedabad by following a similar procedure as the driving licence.
How to Avail Commercial Driving Licence in Ahmedabad?
To avail commercial driving licence (Saarthi) in Ahmedabad, you need the following documents:
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- Forms (duly filled)
- Application fee
- Passport-sized photos
You can obtain a commercial driving licence by following a similar procedure as the driving licence.
How to Check Driving Licence Status in Ahmedabad?
You can check the status of your driving licence (Saarthi) in Ahmedabad through their online portal.
- Visit Parivahan Sewa’s official website and click on 'Online Services'
- Now, click on 'Driving Licence Related Services’ and choose your state.
- Select 'Apply Online' and click on 'Application Status'
- Enter the required details along with the Captcha
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Ahmedabad
To obtain a driving licence in Ahmedabad, applicants need to appear for the driving test in the presence of the driving inspector. Applicants must bring the vehicle for which they require a driving licence. To obtain a valid DL, applicants need to pass the test. They also have to score well on the online test.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
FAQs on How to Get a Driving Licence in Ahmedabad
1. Do I need to submit my medical certificate for obtaining a driver’s licence in Ahmedabad?
A medical certificate is not required for a DL in Ahmedabad. Although, if you want a learner’s permit, a medical certificate is mandatory.
2. What is the validity of the learner’s permit in Ahmedabad?
A learner’s permit has a validity of 6 months in Ahmedabad.
3. Can I find out the status of my driving licence offline in Ahmedabad?
You can look for your application status by visiting the RTO.
4. What is the validity of the driving licence in Ahmedabad?
A driving licence in Ahmedabad is valid from the date of the issue till 20 years, or till the licence holder reaches the age of 50.
5. What is the fee for a driving licence in Ahmedabad?
The application fee for a driving licence in Ahmedabad is INR 200.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More