Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Chikmagalur
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Reaching the age of 18 is an important milestone since it marks you officially as an adult. At 18, you become eligible for a lot of official documents. One of the most important ones is a driving licence. Once you secure a driving licence, you can set about exploring the world of driving or riding. Driving or riding without one can land you in a lot of trouble. The hill station city of Chikmagalur is no different. Here is all that you need to know about driving a licence in Chikmagalur.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Chikmagalur
The various types of driving licence Chikmagalur has to offer are as follows. You can choose one based on the type of vehicle that you wish to purchase or already have.
- Light Motor Vehicle: This licence type is for driving cars, taxis, and motorcycles.
- Heavy Goods Vehicle: This licence type is for driving trailers and trucks.
- Motorcycle with Gear: This licence type is for riding motorcycles with gears.
- Motorcycle without Gear: This licence type is for riding mopeds and scooters.
- Road Roller: This licence type is for driving road rollers and construction vehicles.
- Medium Goods: This licence type is for driving tempos and delivery trucks.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Chikmagalur?
You must first apply for the learning licence Chikmagalur before you can apply for a permanent licence. Here is the eligibility criteria.
- Entry Age:
- You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a driving licence.
- For a commercial driving licence, you must be at least 20 years old.
- You must ensure that you are well versed with all the traffic rules and regulations.
- You must first apply for a learner’s driving licence.
- After receiving your learner’s driving licence, you can apply for a permanent driving licence.
- The time frame to apply for a permanent driving licence is 30 to 180 days of receiving the learner’s driving licence.
What are the Documents Required to Apply For Driving Licence in Chikmagalur?
For your learning licence Chikmagalur, you would need the following documents.
- Driving licence application form or Form No. 2
- A Medical certificate or Form No. 1
- Applicant’s PAN card
- Applicant’s aadhar card
- Applicant’s address proof
- Applicant’s passport size photographs
- Applicant’s birth certificate
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Chikmagalur?
When you decide to apply for a driving licence in Chikmagalur, you have two different options to choose from. You can either visit the RTO and apply for a driving licence or visit the Sarathi website to apply for an online driving licence Chikmagalur offers.
Online Driving Licence Chikmagalur
For your driving licence application online Chikmagalur, here are the easy-to-follow steps.
- Visit the official Sarathi website at https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/.
- Select Karnataka as your residence state.
- Click on Apply for Learner Licence or Apply for Driving Licence, depending on what you are looking for.
- Click on Continue on the next page.
- Fill out the application form on the website.
- Upload all the documents related to the application form.
- Select a date and time for your driving test.
- Pay the fees of the application online and wait till you get the confirmation.
The process remains the same as far as two wheeler licence online apply Chikmagalur has to offer is concerned.
Offline Driving Licence Chikmagalur
Though applying from the Sarathi website makes the process a bit easier. It is not the only way of applying for a driving licence. You can visit the RTO and apply for an offline driving licence. Here is how you can do that.
- Get an application form from your local RTO.
- Fill the form out.
- Ensure you have all the documents required for applying for the driving licence.
- Submit the application form along with the relevant documents.
- Select a slot for the driving test.
- Complete payment of the fees.
Passing the driving test successfully will receive the driving licence at your registered mailing address.
How to Get a Duplicate Driver’s Licence in Chikmagalur?
Should you lose or damage or destroy your driving licence in unforeseen circumstances, you can apply for a duplicate driving licence. To apply for your duplicate driving licence application online Chikmagalur, you would need the following documents.
- KYC documents including age and address proof
- LLD application form
- FIR copy, in case of loss of licence
- Original driving licence’s copy
You can visit the Sarathi website to apply online. Access the website, select Karnataka and click on Apply for Duplicate DL. After filling out the form, you must upload the necessary documents and pay the required fees.
Alternatively, you can visit the RTO to apply for a duplicate licence. You can take the above set of documents, provide supporting documents and pay the necessary fees.
How to Get a Driving Licence Renewed in Chikmagalur?
The Chikmagalur driving licence renewal process is easy to follow. You can either renew it at the end of 20 years or on reaching 50 years, the earlier of the two. In Chikmagalur, driving licence renewal can be started 30 days before the expiry of the licence.
Here are a few simple steps for your driving licence renewal online Chikmagalur.
- Access the Sarathi website from your laptop or smartphone.
- Select Karnataka as the state of residence.
- Select Apply for DL Renewal option on the next page.
- Fill out the online application form and upload the documents required for licence renewal and pay the necessary fees.
Opting for driving licence renewal online Chikmagalur ensures that you have a smooth and hassle-free experience.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Chikmagalur?
A lot of us plan for trips abroad. And driving in foreign countries amidst beautiful landscapes is an experience. However, you need an international driving licence for that. If you are in Chikmagalur and want to apply for one, here are some simple steps to do so. Visit the Sarathi website and select Karnataka as the state of residence. Click on Apply for International Driving Permit (IDP) and apply for the same online by filling out the form, uploading the relevant documents, etc.
How to Apply for a Commercial Driving Licence in Chikmagalur?
In Chikmagalur, you have the option of applying for a commercial driving licence online or offline. This can be done by simply filling out the standard form 2 along with your commercial driving training test pass certificate from any of the registered organisations, your driving licence and all other relevant documents as necessary.
Driving Licence Test Procedure
Getting your driving licence involves undergoing a driving test. The test is usually supervised by an inspector from the RTO. In these tests, the inspector assesses if the applicant has the right skills and knowledge related to driving. And the process is available for both online and offline modes.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving Licence in Chikmagalur FAQs
1. How do I know if my driving licence is ready?
You can track the status of your driving licence by entering your application number.
2. How long does it take for the driving licence to come in Chikmagalur?
Before the onset of the pandemic, driving licences usually took about 2 to 3 weeks.
3. What is the minimum age for driving in Chikmagalur?
You must be at least 16 years of age to start riding in any city or state of India.
4. Which vehicles can I ride in Chikmagalur at 16 years of age?
If you are 16 years old, you can ride any bike that is less than 50 cc of capacity.
5. When can I reappear for my driving test in Chikmagalur, if I have failed one?
If you fail the driving test, you can again apply for it in 7 days.
Recent ArticlesView All
Are you thinking of purchasing the Cholamandalam MS Insurance Private Car Package Policy? If yes, then this ar...Read More
Have you ever wondered what other benefits you are missing out on from your car insurance? Here we discuss var...Read More
People are moving towards electric cars after the price hike of petrol and diesel in India. If you are one of ...Read More
Standalone own-damage car insurance can help you avoid big financial losses if you are involved in an accident...Read More
Looking for IFFCO-Tokio car insurance online? Check out the benefits of buying IFFCO-Tokio car insurance onlin...Read More
A Bajaj Allianz Insurance private car package policy offers numerous features that make it an excellent choice...Read More
How do you repair your car after an accident by paying only for deductibles instead of the entire repair cost?...Read More