Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence (Sarathi) in Mangalore
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Mangalore, also officially known as Mangaluru, is the major port city of Karnataka. It has been known for its beaches, seaports and diverse culture, and historical essence of ancient empires and dynasties. In Mangalore, driving a vehicle without a valid driving licence is illegal. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, a process must be followed to get a driving licence in Mangalore. The whole process to get a driving licence in Mangalore is explained below-
Different Types of DL (Driving Licence) in Mangalore
There are various types of DL (driving licence) based on the type of vehicle you are willing to drive, these are enlisted below-
- Light motor vehicle such as all bikes, cars, etc.
- Medium motor vehicle like small utility vehicles and tempos.
- Heavy motor vehicle would be trucks and heavy carriage vehicles.
- Motorcycle with gear like bikes.
- Motorcycle with no gear would include scooty and mopeds.
- Commercial vehicle would include buses.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Get a Driving Licence in Mangalore?
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, a person should meet the following criteria to apply for a DL in Mangalore-
- 18 years(private vehicle) and 20 years (commercial vehicle).
- Learning licence before a permanent one.
- An application can be made for a permanent driving licence within 180 days of getting a learning licence.
What are the Documents Required to Get a Driving Licence in Mangalore?
These are the documents-
- Form 4 ( visit Sarathi portal)
- Address and age proofs
- Application fee
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Mangalore?
An applicant must have a learning licence Mangalore. Before proceeding to ride/drive a two-wheeler or four- wheeler, a driving licence online apply Mangalore is a must. You can apply for this document either online or offline. Take a look at the steps below to get your DL online in Mangalore:
- Online driving licence Mangalore:
You need to visit the state transport website and upload your document after filling out the form. Pay the required fee, book a slot for a driving test, and soon after passing the test, get your licence at your doorstep.
- Offline driving licence Mangalore:
Steps are quite similar to offline mode. You just need to visit the RTO in person and submit your documents while paying the fee. Get a slot allotted for your driving test, on passing the same, your new DL will be delivered at your doorstep.
How to Get a Duplicate Driving Licence in Mangalore?
If your licence is damaged, lost or stolen, the Mangalore RTO allows you to apply for a duplicate one. You must apply for a duplicate licence within 6 months of the loss. A duplicate driving licence application online Mangalore can be made by visiting the state transport website. For offline mode, you need to visit the RTO. The following documents are required -
- Application form
- FIR copy (in case of theft)/ Details of your lost licence
- Passport size photographs
- An affidavit declaring that the licence is not misused
How to Get a Driving Licence Renewed in Mangalore?
A driving licence is valid for 20 years or 50 years of your age, whichever falls early. After this period, you need to renew your licence. After crossing the age of 50 years, the licence is renewed for 5 years.
- Two-wheeler licence online apply Mangalore for renewal:
The process for an online driving licence Mangalore is easy. The offline option is also available. You need to apply for its renewal within 30 days of the expiry. After this, for each year of the delay, you need to pay INR 1000 as a penalty. These documents are necessary-
- Application form No 9
- Medical certificate (if the applicant is above 50 years)
- Address and age proofs
- Original copy of the expired licence
To apply offline, visit the RTO. Get an application, fill in the details and attach all the documents. You will get your renewed driving licence within a few days.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Mangalore
To get an international DL in Mangalore, the minimum age is 18 years and the applicant must have a valid driving licence. A person having an international driving licence is allowed to drive a vehicle outside India. Documents are listed below-
- Form 4A
- A valid passport and visa
- Age and address proofs
- Fee towards the DL application
An applicant has to visit RTO along with the application form and documents; one can opt for an online application through the RTO website. After verification, the applicant is issued an international driving licence.
How to Get a Commercial Driving Licence in Mangalore?
To drive a commercial vehicle, a commercial driving licence is needed. The documents are-
- Application No 4
- Driver training certificate
- Age and address proofs
An application can be made directly to the RTO, or online through the state transport website. The RTO will review your application and if found correct, you will get your commercial driving licence.
Driving Licence Test Procedure Mangalore
A driving test is made mandatory for every applicant before getting a driving licence. The process is simple-
- Visit Sarathi portal or state transport website
- Book a slot for a driving test
- Appear for the same
The test is done in the presence of a driving inspector. After successful completion of this test, the DL will be issued.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving Licence (Sarathi) in Mangalore FAQs
1. What if I drive a vehicle without a licence in Mangalore?
It is illegal to drive a vehicle without a driving licence. If you are caught driving a vehicle without a licence, INR 5,000 is the penalty.
2. What if I fail to renew my licence in Mangalore?
A grace period of 30 days is given to renew a driving licence. After this, a penalty has to be given.
3. Can I get a driving licence if I fail the driving test at Mangalore RTO?
An applicant has to pass the driving test to get a driving licence. In case an applicant fails the driving test, he can book another slot after 7 days.
4. Is there a different procedure to get a driving licence for different types of vehicles in Mangalore?
The process is similar for all types of vehicles. The documents are also similar.
5. I have a driving licence issued by Mangalore RTO, can I drive a vehicle across India?
Yes, you can drive a vehicle across India if you have a permanent driving licence in Mangalore.
Recent ArticlesView All
Read this article to learn the most common reasons why car insurance claims are denied and the factors you sho...Read More
It's easy to get Future Generali Car Insurance, which may help you in case of an accident. Read this to know a...Read More
ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy is a feature-rich policy offering many benefits like 50% NCB,...Read More
This comparison article covers all the essential factors to consider when deciding to stay with or leave your...Read More
Confused about what to choose from the available car insurance options? Check this comprehensive guide to know...Read More
Many commit errors when filing a car insurance claim and receive painful claim application rejections. So, lea...Read More